• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I love reading everyone's reviews in this thread (both good and bad things, it's good to know what to expect!) Anyone else have a review they haven't posted yet? A link to a blog with pictures or reviews?

We are getting ready to check out. We are all dying to leave after another sleepless night. :(

We had a lot of fun at the arcade last night! It's really big & has a lot of great games to play for the whole family! I love that your "tickets" get loaded onto your card! Also you can use it at any resort arcade.

I'm in the good court having breakfast & it is very busy. Seems like even more people are here than earlier in the week!

I have to add that every CM we've encountered at this resort has been friendly. No one ever walked by without saying hello & how are you.

I've learned a very valuable lesson. We are not value resort people lol. For one night? Maybe. But not longer. Either way DH already told me, deluxe or nothing lol ;-). Off to Bay Lake Tower we go! :)

Thank you all for posting such valuable info about AoA! It helped a lot when I was planning!!
Desnik- Did you stay in a suite or LM room?

I love reading everyone's reviews in this thread (both good and bad things, it's good to know what to expect!) Anyone else have a review they haven't posted yet? A link to a blog with pictures or reviews?

I haven't posted mine here, but it is in my Trip Report (the link is in my sig). We absolutely loved AoA, and plan to go back on our next trip! We stayed in the LK section - it sounds to me (and I could be wrong), but most of the negative reviews I have seen have come from LM, while the majority of the positive reviews are from suites. It could just be the ones I'm reading though! Lots of pictures in my TR!

Hi All! I just got a letter stating that the mini fridges were having issues and have been unplugged. It did not say what resorts were affected. Anyone know if the AoA suites still have working mini fridge?
Thanks in Advance :o)

Hi All! I just got a letter stating that the mini fridges were having issues and have been unplugged. It did not say what resorts were affected. Anyone know if the AoA suites still have working mini fridge?
Thanks in Advance :o)

Reports are that the suites were not affected.

we got the letter and we are staying in Cars and were told that there may not be a frig . . . interested in knowing where you saw that report so i can quit worrying about medical issues . . .

Oh wow. When did you get your letter? We are staying checking into cars suite 8/31 but I haven't seen anything yet. Everything that I've seen - including from my TA - the fridges in the suites were not affected??? We are ordering food that will need to be refrigerated.

we got the letter and we are staying in Cars and were told that there may not be a frig . . . interested in knowing where you saw that report so i can quit worrying about medical issues . . .

It's just what I've been reading around here throughout a couple of threads. Everything that I've seen has said that only LM is affected at AoA.

Hi everyone, my mom and I are staying here in November in a LM room. I just had a couple questions maybe some people could answer(possibly for the second or third time as I just couldn't read every response in the thread). I've seen people mention about the different buildings, which ones are the best and how do I request them or certain rooms? Second, I have a medical condition that requires I give myself shots every week..do they have Sharps containers available? Thanks in advance since I'm sure I probably missed the answers to these somewhere in here already.

I haven't posted mine here, but it is in my Trip Report (the link is in my sig). We absolutely loved AoA, and plan to go back on our next trip! We stayed in the LK section - it sounds to me (and I could be wrong), but most of the negative reviews I have seen have come from LM, while the majority of the positive reviews are from suites. It could just be the ones I'm reading though! Lots of pictures in my TR!

I'm reading through your trip report now, thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying your dining reviews, we also have ADRs for Tusker House & T-Rex.

Hi there.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday stating that in the Little Mermaid room that i will be staying in starting 9/14 there is not going to be a mini fridge available to me due to the recall. I have a medical reason and have to have mine and my daughters medicine :stir: refridgerated. SO I called and they typed in that i will need one and they said they will see what they can do but can not promise. :rolleyes2 She also said some of the rooms are not effected because they have been replaced.

So if you get a letter may want to call just to check.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

So have they started to replace any of the fridges in the LM section? Starting to get a bit nervous for our late October trip....

Hi, All! Back story: there are 4 adults, 2 kids going on this trip. This is our 3rd trip in 4 years, but we have only stayed at Pop before. We are staying at AoA in a Nemo Suite in December. I have a few questions:

1. I don't see much about the Nemo Suites. Are they bad? DD4 and DS2 like both Nemo and Lion King, so we just picked one.

2. I saw someone posted that AoA is in the testing group for Fastpass+ in September. I sooooo want to do this; any word on December?

3. Have any of you been to WDW in December? Did you decorate your door/windows? If so, how?

Thanks!!!

I've seen people talk about pixie dust upgrades that happen out of the blue for no discernible reason when staying onsite. We're booked into a Cars suite for our trip - if we were to receive one of these, what form might an upgrade take (special view or something maybe?)? I'm not asking how to get one or anything like that - I'd just like to be able recognize an upgrade if they choose to give us one.

TIA!

I've seen people talk about pixie dust upgrades that happen out of the blue for no discernible reason when staying onsite. We're booked into a Cars suite for our trip - if we were to receive one of these, what form might an upgrade take (special view or something maybe?)? I'm not asking how to get one or anything like that - I'd just like to be able recognize an upgrade if they choose to give us one.

TIA!

I would imagine there wouldn't be much to upgrade to at AoA. From what I've seen it seems to be something that happens with resorts with many bookable room categories.

Picked my fp+ times and customized my magic bands today. My mickey mail came in earlier this week too. Everything seems to be done but packing and (impatiently) waiting out the next 3.5 weeks.

Hi All

I started planning this trip in December. My youngest DD (23 yr. old) said no thanks. Of course she just changed her mind. That changed our family dynamics from 4 to 5. So we had to change resorts. We were booked at CRB and have only stayed on site once before, CSR. It was Ok, but we didn’t become a fan of it.

There wasn’t any rooms open at POR for our dates w/the FD we have, so we are now at AoA. In a Cars suite. My 3 year old grandson loves Cars though Woody & Buzz are his favorite:). I’m sure we will have a great time.

Anyway I’m detailed orientated and compulsively search for all information I can get my hands on. Hopefully y’all won’t mind some repeat questions as I’m sure these have been asked over and over again.

Is there a preferred suite/building in the CARS section?

The table/bed and sofa couch. Are they made up into beds every night and put back every day by mousekkeeping or is this something we do ourselves?

The next 100 days are dragging but at least by tomorrow we will be in double digits.
TIA

Hi All

I started planning this trip in December. My youngest DD (23 yr. old) said no thanks. Of course she just changed her mind. That changed our family dynamics from 4 to 5. So we had to change resorts. We were booked at CRB and have only stayed on site once before, CSR. It was Ok, but we didn’t become a fan of it.

There wasn’t any rooms open at POR for our dates w/the FD we have, so we are now at AoA. In a Cars suite. My 3 year old grandson loves Cars though Woody & Buzz are his favorite:). I’m sure we will have a great time.

Anyway I’m detailed orientated and compulsively search for all information I can get my hands on. Hopefully y’all won’t mind some repeat questions as I’m sure these have been asked over and over again.

Is there a preferred suite/building in the CARS section?

The table/bed and sofa couch. Are they made up into beds every night and put back every day by mousekkeeping or is this something we do ourselves?

The next 100 days are dragging but at least by tomorrow we will be in double digits.
TIA

There isn't a "preferred" category of suites that you can book at AOA, they are all the same price. You can make requests for location, though, and the resort will do their best to fulfill your requests. The Cars suites are located in buildings 1, 2 and 3. I believe building 1 would be closest to the main building and parking lot. You could also request things such as "ground floor", "close to elevator", etc.

Mousekeeping will make up the sofa and table beds and then fold them up each day. You will need to fold them down again at night, but it's very simple to do. :thumbsup2

TIA!

We were booked for a Nemo Suite earlier this month. At check-in I was offered a free upgrade for a 1 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. I believe (based on what another CM had said) that this was offered because of overbooking @ AoA (& in particular, the Nemo section). I would think an upgrade from an aoa suite would only be offered in a very similar situation. In my case, I had to turn it down as my son 'tolerated' the Poly only because he knew he would get to stay in the Nemo room afterwards (yes, we did a split stay, in that order). We did love our Nemo suite, but AoA was so crowded that week, the serenity of SSR (at least that's the way I pictured it) might have been nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter