• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Fireworks view from which location at AOA? :goodvibes

I would t exactly call it a fireworks view, but you can see the top of some of the fireworks from the buildings that face hourglass lake. You can also see them from the bridge between AoA and Pop. Kind of...

From what I'm gathering, each area is a bookable category? So you can book specifically a Lion King or Nemo or Cars suite, not just a request?

What LM building is nearest to Animation Hall and the bustops? :)

I think 7 is "closest"...the King Triton building. (You can check the map on the first page here) We were on the fourth floor of this building. It was slightly closer than the other buildings.

Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!

If you can save money DO IT. We use up to 3 splits to enjoy a monorail resort for MK-EPCOT days then switch to moderates for other park days ending with a 2 day stay just to try out the feel of a value resort. Select the order of resorts according to your plans for which parks to visit. HINT all the resorts are great so don't fret too much over which ones to visit first. Never felt a let down going from delux to moderate to value.

Is it reasonable to walk anywhere from AoA resort? More specifically, I'm looking at HS and TL, which appear to be close enough, but I'm wondering if the map misrepresents the actual distance? I've walked from CR to MK in 10 minutes (but there is a walkway).

Is it reasonable to walk anywhere from AoA resort? More specifically, I'm looking at HS and TL, which appear to be close enough, but I'm wondering if the map misrepresents the actual distance? I've walked from CR to MK in 10 minutes (but there is a walkway).

According to google maps, it would take you 37 minutes to walk to HS and 58 minutes to TL, but there may not be sidewalks on all the routes. There are unfortunately no direct "through the bush" walkways or it would be shorter.

I'd say it isn't reasonable to walk anywhere from AoA. (Well, except for walking across to Pop Century.)

CR to MK, or for example Boardwalk to HS, are set up with walkways for those purposes. Resorts like AoA, Pop, etc. aren't set up where they are expecting you might want to walk.

Are the LM rooms a haul to the main building? We stayed in the 90's section while at Pop and that was a walk for sure. Is it comparable?

Very excited...first time at DW for my family and myself. I'm completely lost because I've been working with a travel agent and trying to read the forums to come to my own conclusions, but the opinions are very split. Thanks to everyone, I won't be getting a dining plan...I realized it would've been a waste of money for my family. I'm now trying to communicate with my TA what preferences I have as to my room location. I'm positive we're staying at AoA in a Nemo suite. I'm trying to stay as close to the bus stop as possible, my mother is going to have a hard time walking in the park as it is...no need to add on extra walk time to the bus stop. Any suggestions? Ps...I don't know all of the acronyms, so please work with me if I ask you what so e of these stand for...most I can figure out, lol.

What LM building is nearest to Animation Hall and the bustops? :)
The Triton bldg is number 9, Ariel bldg is 8, and Ursula is 7. Bldg 9 (Triton) is maybe 6 steps closer than bldg 7, if that. And it all depends on where in the bldg you are. If you're facing the pool, on the ground floor of 7 it's going to be closer than if you're in bldg 9 but on the back side, top floor.
If I had to say, I would give bldg 9 a slight edge only because it's on the same side of the resort as Animation Hall and the bus stops. Bldg 7 faces the lake.

Nope, no walkways. You can walk to Pop but that's about it. And you really don't want to just walk along the road in the grassy area. Just not a reasonable thing to do.

Are the LM rooms a haul to the main building? We stayed in the 90's section while at Pop and that was a walk for sure. Is it comparable?
I would say they are comparable. I stayed in the Rubik's cube bldg at Pop...and in bldgs 7 and 9 at AoA. It is a pretty similar walk. But, it's a more entertaining walk due to all the theming.

We are going to be staying at art of animation in December and anticipate long bus lines.Wondering if anyone has taken a cab to the parks from here and if so what was your experience in doing so.We staying at all star movies during spring break and took a cab and it was awesome!Thanks in advance!

Hi- we are here now. Checked in about 10pm Saturday night. I had done on line check in and requested (LM room) near transportation and an upper floor. We got just that. We are 3rd floor, corner room right by the stairs, parking lot side. Easy trek down the stairs ... Then thru LK section to get to Landscape or along the parking lot sidewalk for busses.
The room- I was cranky when we first arrived so was a little annoyed with the room size. Im just coming off a BC CL room in August so I think that was part of the problem. We had a luggage issue also- I had called when we got into the room and told them to deliver our luggage ASAP and we did not care how late it was. It never came. At 5:30 am I called and it was a tough "who's on first" conversation, but we got our luggage 10 minutes later. Then about 15 minutes after that there was another knock... Luggage services again to help us check out. LOL.
After that hiccup and my crankiness subsided we are much happier. So so glad we brought extra hangers. We also are utilizing the shelves above the hanger area for pajamas, bathing suits, hats... I also left my stuff in the suitcase and in the luggage rack. Its actually not bad at all.
The curtain separating the sink area is the best. Kids are snoring away right now while my Mom is getting ready.
On Wednesday we do a room switch to a suite so I am looking forward to it, but I honestly would not mind staying put either.
Oh and the busses have been great. Very lucky so far.

Very excited...first time at DW for my family and myself. I'm completely lost because I've been working with a travel agent and trying to read the forums to come to my own conclusions, but the opinions are very split. Thanks to everyone, I won't be getting a dining plan...I realized it would've been a waste of money for my family. I'm now trying to communicate with my TA what preferences I have as to my room location. I'm positive we're staying at AoA in a Nemo suite. I'm trying to stay as close to the bus stop as possible, my mother is going to have a hard time walking in the park as it is...no need to add on extra walk time to the bus stop. Any suggestions? Ps...I don't know all of the acronyms, so please work with me if I ask you what so e of these stand for...most I can figure out, lol.

:welcome: I just wanted to give you a link to Abbreviations we use here that you might find helpful! :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22158189&postcount=1

It hasn't been updated in several years, but most of what you might wonder about should be listed! :)

Hi- we are here now. Checked in about 10pm Saturday night. I had done on line check in and requested (LM room) near transportation and an upper floor. We got just that. We are 3rd floor, corner room right by the stairs, parking lot side. Easy trek down the stairs ... Then thru LK section to get to Landscape or along the parking lot sidewalk for busses.
The room- I was cranky when we first arrived so was a little annoyed with the room size. Im just coming off a BC CL room in August so I think that was part of the problem. We had a luggage issue also- I had called when we got into the room and told them to deliver our luggage ASAP and we did not care how late it was. It never came. At 5:30 am I called and it was a tough "who's on first" conversation, but we got our luggage 10 minutes later. Then about 15 minutes after that there was another knock... Luggage services again to help us check out. LOL.
After that hiccup and my crankiness subsided we are much happier. So so glad we brought extra hangers. We also are utilizing the shelves above the hanger area for pajamas, bathing suits, hats... I also left my stuff in the suitcase and in the luggage rack. Its actually not bad at all.
The curtain separating the sink area is the best. Kids are snoring away right now while my Mom is getting ready.
On Wednesday we do a room switch to a suite so I am looking forward to it, but I honestly would not mind staying put either.
Oh and the busses have been great. Very lucky so far.

Thanks for sharing! Have a magical trip!

Size up your mother's walking abilities BEFORE you arrive. One reference gives the distance one might hoof it as at least 4 miles in the park a day usually more than that so go for a day long hike with mom, take breaks, eat but cover the miles and see if she can do it. If not, budget for wheels and don't let pride get in the way. The walk at the resort, any of the resorts, is a drop in the bucket compared to a day at any of the parks. Emotionally, you will be glad a slow walker can roll along and not tucker out and give rise to resentments and short tempers to spoil the magic. Ditto with short young legs. Get the older kids a stroller too not just the toddlers. They have to take 2-3 steps to your one all ye self-absorbed parents! Melt downs can be avoid and those around you are OOOOOO grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter