• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does the main pool have towels at the pool? We are planning to take a dip the day we check in and fear our room might not be ready.

Does the main pool have towels at the pool? We are planning to take a dip the day we check in and fear our room might not be ready.

You are supposed to take your towels from the room and can get extra from housekeeping. We found this past November that they leave carts with towels on them inside the nemo building near the main door.

We were in a LK suite last year and had no problems with housekeeping or the food. In fact, we thought housekeeping was great. Our room was always clean and any time we requested extra towels or bedding they were delivered quickly. Granted, I didn't walk around with a magnifying glass looking for dirt and I didn't have any white gloves to look for hidden dust, but the room appeared to be very clean every day.

WHAT?!?! No white glove test?!?
seriously this is good to know... Did you leave mousekeeping envelops?

As for the food, we didn't have any problems there, either. There were a few times that we had to wait in some long lines depending on which station we were ordering from, but I was fine with that since we received fresh, hot food. Some people don't like AoA's food court because they have more "adventurous" food offerings than the other Value resorts. I've seen people give it a bad review because you can't get chicken nuggets there and their kids were devastated about that. There are still the standard pizza and burgers for those who want them. But there are some really unique food court offerings as well. And Pop Century is just over the bridge with their own food court.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited i am to try the new foods!!!
YOU ARE SO RIGHT about people complaining about the nuggets..

I don't know what site you were reading that had so many bad reviews of AoA, but keep a few things in mind when reading those reviews. 1. Travel sites (like Expedia, Priceline, etc.) have bad reviews for *many* hotels -- not just Disney ones. 2. To some people, seeing a crumb on the floor and some dust in a corner constitutes "horrible housekeeping". If they haven't listed details as to why housekeeping was so "horrible" I just take it with a grain of salt. 3. People are more likely to complain if they don't like something than to write a good review if they loved the place. So for every person who complains, there are 100 people (random number there) who loved everything about their stay but never say a word about it. 4. Some people write false/phantom reviews because they had a bad experience and they want to make it look like a lot of people are having that same experience.

BRAVO (whistling)BRAVO!! well said!!!
giving you a standing ovation :thumbsup2

Seriously, I've heard way more good reviews of AoA than bad. I'm not saying it's not possible to have a bad housekeeping (or food) experience at AoA, but that can (and does) happen at any one of the Disney resorts, it's not unique to AoA.

repeat of above...

I know this question has had to have been asked before but i can't find it.

I have a room in The Little Mermaid section, when doing online check in which room or srea should I ask for that is the closet to dining and the bus pickup? I know TLM is the furtherest buildings but is there one part that is closer than th others that can be requested?

I know this question has had to have been asked before but i can't find it.

I have a room in The Little Mermaid section, when doing online check in which room or srea should I ask for that is the closet to dining and the bus pickup? I know TLM is the furtherest buildings but is there one part that is closer than th others that can be requested?

Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms consist of 3 buildings so yes if you request a room closest to the buses they can place you in the building that is closest. It's still a little bit of a hike. I would guess around 3-5 minutes. Nothing terrible.

Hi folks!

My mom and I are staying here nov 4-8th! I just booked it today, actually!! :)

Anyways, how are the mermaid rooms? That's what I booked.

Also, I was reading about the hotel having bed bugs???? Is that legit??

Thanks!

The little mermaid rooms are great! I really enjoyed staying there. It's a little bit of a hike to get to dining or buses but nothing too bad. Maybe 5 minutes to walk to the main building if you're taking your time. The little mermaid area does have its own pool so that is a plus. Also, I've never ever had a problem at a Disney resort with bed bugs (that i know of). I guess if it were that bad I would have felt itching! lol. So I think you will be safe.

I've been reading reviews of AoA on another site and many of them are complaining about very very bad housekeeping and the food being terrible.

Has anyone here had problems with bad housekeeping?

I've stayed there 3 times and all three times have been fantastic. No complaints. I do hate that value resorts get the combination shampoo condition rather than it being in separate bottles like all other resorts but that has nothing to do with house keeping. I've always come back to my room to fresh towels and a spotless room.

The food is good. There is no table service available so if that is what you're looking for make a ADR at another resort but I've always liked the food at AoA.

I love the make your own pasta bar. We did marinara once and alfredo once and then combined the two for a pink sauce. Plus all the veggies and proteins that you can choose from -- delicious.

I also like the make your own salad. MH loves the surf and surf burger.

For desserts the Nutella gelato is amazing (especially with chocolate chips)

Ditto! That make your own pasta bar is great!!!

Our only housekeeping issue was one towel had a big hole in it. Couldn't have cared less, but that was it. No worries!!,

WHAT?!?! No white glove test?!?
seriously this is good to know... Did you leave mousekeeping envelops?

The funny thing is, I play handbells so I do usually have a pair of white gloves in the car. :rotfl2:

Yes, we always leave Mousekeeping envelopes. I appreciate the job that they do. It may not always be perfect, but as long as *I* don't have to do the work, I'm happy. :-) And I made sure to walk down to the front desk one day during our stay at AoA to let the on-duty front desk manager know how happy I was with Mousekeeping and their honesty. I realized while we were sitting in the Finding Nemo show that day that I had forgotten to close up the safe that morning. My Dooney & Bourke purse, wallet (with about $200 in cash, ATM card, and 2 credit cards inside), all of our mousekeeping envelopes filled with cash (and not sealed), a laptop, and 2 watches were right out in the open for anyone to take. Nothing was missing and nothing had even been touched (it took all of my Tetris playing experience to cram everything in that safe and be able to close the door so it would have been obvious if someone had gone through the stuff :lmao:). I fully expected to get back to that room and have *something* (if not everything) missing from the safe.

Im sure this has been asked before but this thread is so large.

Does anyone have a sample copy of the special things offered at the resort? For instance, movies by the pool?

I also found out that kids can learn to draw a character from an artist while they wait for their parents to check in.

Are there other recreational activities?

The funny thing is, I play handbells so I do usually have a pair of white gloves in the car. :rotfl2:

that's funny....

Yes, we always leave Mousekeeping envelopes. I appreciate the job that they do. It may not always be perfect, but as long as *I* don't have to do the work, I'm happy. :-) And I made sure to walk down to the front desk one day during our stay at AoA to let the on-duty front desk manager know how happy I was with Mousekeeping and their honesty.

YES!!!! Always try to tell managers what a great job people are doing!!! we do it every trip!

Nothing was missing and nothing had even been touched (it took all of my Tetris playing experience to cram everything in that safe and be able to close the door so it would have been obvious if someone had gone through the stuff :lmao:). I fully expected to get back to that room and have *something* (if not everything) missing from the safe.

Amazing.. OMG Tetris!!! That's hysterical!!!!

Do you have a picture of the safe?!?! I'd like to know how big they are?!

We are booked to stay in LM section at end of October for 14 nights and very excited! First time staying on site and first trip for DD6 :goodvibes

Do they have a "grab and go" cart for breakfast items by the LM pool in the mornings?
Is this all year round or just in summer?
Is there much selection?
What time are they open in the mornings?
Just thought would be useful when rushing out early to the parks.

:)

Hey all!

I'm new to the forums (I've been reading since before my last trip, but just joined the forum).

I'm staying at AoA (Little Mermaid section) in November (I've been there once before - October 2013), so I just stopped by this thread to say hi and see what others are talking about with regards to AoA.

Hi!

Hi folks! Thank you to all of those that replied to my post!

I was a bit concerned about the distance to the buses, but y'all eased my mind. Thanks!

**One other thing...for parking and getting in and out of the resort, is it like a "one way in/out sort of deal" or are their multiple exits? Like, how hard will it be to exit in the morning via car??

I'm just trying to wrap my mind about how big this place is, as we need to leave the resort to go to sea world one of the days. We stayed at Swan and Dolphin in 2000, but that was my last time on disney prop. Since then, we've always stayed off.

Thanks!

At one point I was reading they put a cart out from of the Mermaid rooms in the morning that sells coffee and maybe a few other things. My Mother/Father in law are staying in Mermaid room while we are in a LK Suite. What's the deal these days? They still doing a cart or will they need to trek to hospitality for their morning coffee?

Also- have they wrapped up the food court reconstruction yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter