Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I just got back from a 4 night stay at AoA. We stayed in LM, Building 7 (Ursula). We had requested a king size bed and received our request :cool1:. We were on the first floor, right near the pool. We loved the resort, although I did think the theming at LM was not as well thought out as the other sections, and in my opinion was a bit 'tacky' compared to the others (I'm not a big fan of the giant characters, and IMO the LM characters are a bit more extreme than in LK or Nemo or Cars). Anyway, we liked our room nonetheless, it was big enough for the both of us and I thought the amenities were much nicer than in any of the other value resorts we have stayed at. The bathroom area was my favorite - I loved the counter on the sink, the stone tile floor, and the shower was fantastic. The fridge was great, and I loved the seashell chairs. The walk to the main building was not bad at all (maybe 5 minutes), although we did not use buses as we had a car so it might get tiring walking back and forth more often. My only complaint is that the rooms were not very soundproof - since we were right near the pool it was a bit loud at some times, and you could see the light from the outside coming through the door (did not seem very efficient to me). Anyway, we liked AoA and would probably stay again, although a moderate would still be our first choice.

DGF and I went there for our first vacation together, and I gotta say this is my favorite value resort. Honestly, for just the two of us with a king bed, the room was more than accommodating. The entire resort really was something to take in, imho. The food court, granted busy at times, was far better than any other value resort (Heck, even some places in the parks!). I really could go for one of their meatball sammichs, now that I'm talking about AoA...

As for the themeing in the LM section, I liked it. It really felt like we were just little fish in their big world! I think they did a good job converting the leftovers from the PC expansion. Heck, the day of our arrival, we spent the time waiting for our room to be ready touring the resort. Lots of photo ops

DGF and I will be coming back here next February for her birthday visit, and we really can't wait.:cool1:

I'm sorry if this was asked before, my eyes are crossing from reading all of the posts. Lol
In the Little Mermaid standard room is the sink inside the bathroom or outside of the door (in a room with double beds)? On the first post of this thread, the map layout shows one big bathroom with the sink inside. However, in the picture the sink is outside of the bathroom (like at Pop). It's not the End All Be All but it's nice to have the sink on the outside so I can hog it up and not tie up the bathroom. :blush:
Thanks!

From the pictures/videos I've seen, I believe a standard Little Mermaid room has the sink outside of the bathroom. In the barrier-free/accessible rooms it is in the bathroom.

From the pictures/videos I've seen, I believe a standard Little Mermaid room has the sink outside of the bathroom. In the barrier-free/accessible rooms it is in the bathroom.

I can confirm the sink is outside the bathroom. It is in an area that has a privacy curtain that can be pulled, but it is NOT in the same room as the toilet and tub.

We were in building 8 in November. Liked the rooms, but they are on the small side.

Thanks, do you know if we can do it online somehow?

I was able to do online check in through the new website, and it had a place for room requests. This was last week. However, there are still people who can't get through with the new website.

Does AOA accept fax room requests?

I think the prevailing advice for all resorts is that it's better to call and add your room requests to your reservation. Faxing requests used to be recommended (I think; I never did it) but I think it's deemed not (or as) effective anymore.

I was able to do online check in through the new website, and it had a place for room requests. This was last week. However, there are still people who can't get through with the new website.

I tried making a room request when I made my reservation as they had a space for it, but it wouldn't let me type anything in the box. :confused3 I guess I will have to call or wait to online check-in.

How quickly do you think the LM rooms fill up? I was playing around on the wdw site and a lot of dates at easter were filled. I don't want to make my reservation for August yet b/c I feel that it hurts my chances for a pin code. We're doing a split stay so even though I can't use it for AOA, it would be nice to have for CSR.

disneydreamfan14 said:
Request either building 10 courtyard view or building 6 lake or courtyard view. To avoid the parking lot and probably some noise from the buses as well. :)

Great!! Ill def request either of those! Thanks!

I think the prevailing advice for all resorts is that it's better to call and add your room requests to your reservation. Faxing requests used to be recommended (I think; I never did it) but I think it's deemed not (or as) effective anymore.

Thank you. :)

ADisneyQueen said:
How quickly do you think the LM rooms fill up? I was playing around on the wdw site and a lot of dates at easter were filled. I don't want to make my reservation for August yet b/c I feel that it hurts my chances for a pin code. We're doing a split stay so even though I can't use it for AOA, it would be nice to have for CSR.

LM seems to fill quickly. I would go ahead and book if you have your heart set on staying there.

There's really no science on the PIN codes it seems. My clients have been booked at BWV for months, then we applied the new spring offer to their reservation for a small discount. A week later they received a PIN via mail that applied to the reservation that was already booked. Well okayyyy let us take another $75 off that then ... strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

LM seems to fill quickly. I would go ahead and book if you have your heart set on staying there.

There's really no science on the PIN codes it seems. My clients have been booked at BWV for months, then we applied the new spring offer to their reservation for a small discount. A week later they received a PIN via mail that applied to the reservation that was already booked. Well okayyyy let us take another $75 off that then ... strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

plenty of people get PIN codes with a trip already booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter