Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been asked, but as you can see there are quite a few pages to this thread! :D

Are you able to request a particular building? We're booked for the Little Mermaid Rooms, and sure I've read there's a few blocks like Ariel, Ursula?

I'm presuming the only difference with each is that of the character that is outside the building? Are there any benefits in any particular one?

Also, I'm not sure of the whole layout of the place (have saw the resort map), but how far is it to the main food court etc?

FD

HLAuburn said:
No cost, if late check out is available and approved for your stay. It's based on housekeeping's schedule, but if they give the OK, it's usually until 1pm at no charge. :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Weare just back from a 9 night stay in the LM section. I'm glad we stayed, but won't do it again. It was gorgeous there, but I miss being able to request a room close to the main building and bus stop at Pop. And we won't want to pay for a suite just to be closer.

We requested building 7 in the end closest to Lion King. That's what we got, it actually backfired. To get to that end of the building you have to walk back to the Ursula statue, then back out. There is no walkway out other than by the statue. Not a huge difference, until you do that after walking the parks all day and then all the way back to that section. The vegetation was lovely, but I value my feet more.

The food court never really grabbed me either. We never really found anything we just loved. The "make your own pasta" was good, but not worth staying there to get again. The lines moved SO slow. And I really don't like their overhead menus. Every time I was studying the options, the page would change and I'd have to stand there and wait for it to get back to the page I was reading. Although Pop could be the same way on that by now, but it's more frusrating when it's all new and you really want to study the options.

Absolutely gorgeous surroundings. But back to Pop I will go.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but as you can see there are quite a few pages to this thread! :D

Are you able to request a particular building? We're booked for the Little Mermaid Rooms, and sure I've read there's a few blocks like Ariel, Ursula?

I'm presuming the only difference with each is that of the character that is outside the building? Are there any benefits in any particular one?

Also, I'm not sure of the whole layout of the place (have saw the resort map), but how far is it to the main food court etc?

FD

You can call to add a specific building request to your reservation.

You're right that the only difference among the buildings/rooms is the character icon in the center of each building, however, buildings 7 (Ursula) and 9 (King Triton) appear to be a little bit closer to Animation Hall than building 8 (Ariel). Building 7 may also provide a room with a nice view of the lake and Pop Century.

By actual distance the building are not far, about a 5-10 minute walk. But as compared to the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars section, the LM section is definitely the furthest away, and so reports are varying on whether people like it or not.

But if you want to stay at AoA in the less expensive standard rooms...the distance should be just fine.

We have reservations for AoA in February in the LM section. I love the hotel itself only thing is the walk to and from buses. I got a call from our travel agent asking if I wanted to switch to All Star Movies Preferred room and save around $400. I would rather stay at AoA but would I be better off to switch to Movies so the walk is not so bad for the little ones? I dont know what to do, what would you do?

We have reservations for AoA in February in the LM section. I love the hotel itself only thing is the walk to and from buses. I got a call from our travel agent asking if I wanted to switch to All Star Movies Preferred room and save around $400. I would rather stay at AoA but would I be better off to switch to Movies so the walk is not so bad for the little ones? I dont know what to do, what would you do?

That's a really tough call. I'm glad we did it. But the walk really was long. I considered our refillable mugs useless because nobody ever wanted to walk back to Animation Hall and back after finally making it back to the room at night.

I'm glad we experienced it tough. But my feet STILL hurt from 10 days in the parks and all those long walks to and from the bus stops.

You stick with AOA LM rooms.
We went in Sept/Oct with two little one a 2 and 4 year old.
We had lakeview in building 7, and loved it, compared to all the walking in the parks I really didn't find it that bad, and neither did the kids.
The only thing I felt was long was to the parking lot, because we drove to all the parks. I would definitely stay here again. I have never stayed at Allstar Movies, so I can't comment on that.

Hopefully someone can give me some insight....

We're staying in the Nemo section, and I put in a request for a pool view. I wanted to be as close to Animation Hall as possible, will asking for just a pool view suffice? Also with four young children, do you all think I should ask for a room on the first floor or would being higher up be better?

Thanks in advance!!!:thumbsup2

I would probably not switch for free, and definitely not for $400! If the only issue you have is the distance to the buses, I wouldn't worry about it. We stayed in LM building #7 (with an 8 and 3 year old), and I was also concerned after reading about the walk, but it really was not bad at all. If you're going straight to the buses (and not inside AH), you can walk down the sidewalk of the parking lot and probably save a few minutes too. Either way, it's just not that bad of a walk.

. And I really don't like their overhead menus. Every time I was studying the options, the page would change and I'd have to stand there and wait for it to get back to the page I was reading. Although Pop could be the same way on that by now, but it's more frusrating when it's all new and you really want to study the options.

Absolutely gorgeous surroundings. But back to Pop I will go.

I can't remember if it was like that at POP in august, but it was like that at CBR a few weeks ago.. HATE that! you're trying to see read something, then look at the picture, then lok back and BAM! it changed! and I like to see the whole menu at once, so I can compare. and hubby, forget it. with hid vision problems, by the time he focused on something to read, it had changed. I hope enough people complain about that so they change it.

we are looking forward to our stay at AOA, LM room in april. I'm thinking we may be walkig over to use the pop food court a few times though. I love the shrimp lo Mein and hubby loves the mom's night out dinners. I'll probably like the meals served with the naan bread. hubby, not so much. Ithink the food at AOA sounds a bit too "healthy" for him! lol

kordoyn, at Movies, 3 of the five sections are preferred now, not just Fantasia anymore. Dalmations and toy story are both also preferred. so you could still have a walk to the food court (albeit not as far as fro the LM rooms to the AOA food court.) just didn't want you to be misled.

You can call to add a specific building request to your reservation.

You're right that the only difference among the buildings/rooms is the character icon in the center of each building, however, buildings 7 (Ursula) and 9 (King Triton) appear to be a little bit closer to Animation Hall than building 8 (Ariel). Building 7 may also provide a room with a nice view of the lake and Pop Century.

By actual distance the building are not far, about a 5-10 minute walk. But as compared to the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars section, the LM section is definitely the furthest away, and so reports are varying on whether people like it or not.

But if you want to stay at AoA in the less expensive standard rooms...the distance should be just fine.

Cool, thanks for that.

Tbh, The Little Mermaid is the place I would have booked regardless. We're only 3 anyway and with the exception of maybe Finding Nemo have no real desire for any of the others.

FD

We're staying in the Nemo section, and I put in a request for a pool view. I wanted to be as close to Animation Hall as possible, will asking for just a pool view suffice? Also with four young children, do you all think I should ask for a room on the first floor or would being higher up be better?

On the floor...my preference with a stroller is to be on the ground floor so you can just open the door and go...no elevators to negotiate.

As for the best room request for Nemo, I would agree with your thinking that a room with a pool view would be at the ends of the buildings closest to Animation Hall, so that makes sense and it's probably an easier request to make than "a room near the end of the buildings closest to the food court." ;)

smidgy said:
I can't remember if it was like that at POP in august, but it was like that at CBR a few weeks ago.. HATE that! you're trying to see read something, then look at the picture, then lok back and BAM! it changed! and I like to see the whole menu at once, so I can compare. and hubby, forget it. with hid vision problems, by the time he focused on something to read, it had changed. I hope enough people complain about that so they change it.

we are looking forward to our stay at AOA, LM room in april. I'm thinking we may be walkig over to use the pop food court a few times though. I love the shrimp lo Mein and hubby loves the mom's night out dinners. I'll probably like the meals served with the naan bread. hubby, not so much. Ithink the food at AOA sounds a bit too "healthy" for him! lol

I was little frustrated by the scrolling menus as well. We stated at POR out last night and they were the same way there too. It was even more frustrating since we weren't familiar with the menus there!

Hopefully someone can give me some insight....

Thanks in advance!!!:thumbsup2

I have three little ones so I agree that a first floor room would be ideal - you don't have to deal with the elevators. Personally though, I would not want to stay on the first floor of the Nemo buildings facing the pools. We were over there almost every afternoon/night using the pool and playground and there is a ton of foot traffic and pool noise. I think it would be quieter in the back or on the other side and it's really not that much more of a walk.

I always go to www.allears.net and pre look or print the menu out. I hate not having an idea before I go somewhere. Basically I already knew what I'd order before I went. So I only looked at the menus to make sure what I thought I wanted was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter