Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks CareHeartsDisney! :yay:

We're arriving late tomorrow. Just trying to guess where our room might be.

Joining in because we just booked today - we will be staying at a family suite at AoA in the Finding Nemo section next October :cool1:

Question: I have a room booked at pop century from 12/29-12/31. Is the price of a standard room at AoA the same price as pop century? Everytime ive tried pricing it on the WDW website, the only booking option is the suites which is way more money. Does the standard room not appear because they are all sold out? Would it be worth a call to see if I could switch from Pop to a standard room at AoA? Wouldn't be interested in changing values if the cost is more.... But would love to stay at AoA!

Question: I have a room booked at pop century from 12/29-12/31. Is the price of a standard room at AoA the same price as pop century? Everytime ive tried pricing it on the WDW website, the only booking option is the suites which is way more money. Does the standard room not appear because they are all sold out? Would it be worth a call to see if I could switch from Pop to a standard room at AoA? Wouldn't be interested in changing values if the cost is more.... But would love to stay at AoA!

That does most likely mean they are booked up for the time you are there.

Standard rooms at LM are just a little more than standard rooms at Pop. I know that I had a preferred poolside room booked at Pop, and when I switched to a standard room at LM (there are no preferred LM rooms) it was close to the same, maybe a couple dollars less.

I haven't had time to read through all this yet, and I am getting ready to book our trip.

For the Little Mermaid section is there a better building number to request... and what makes it better?

TIA

So I just got off the phone with WDW and I was able to switch from Pop to a standard room at AoA for $5 more!!!! I am sooooo glad I called and cannot wait to stay here!!!

We'll be there Dec. 21-26 with our 2 kids. My parents and my aunt and her family will be with us, but they're staying at OKW. We wanted to stay at AoA because it's new, so I booked a LM room. Yesterday I got an email from Disney offering us a free upgrade to an AoA suite or CSR, CBR, SSR or OKW. We thought about OKW since the rest of our group is there, but we've stayed there before and haven't at AoA, so now we're in a LK suite!

My kids and I have been watching YouTube videos of the LK suites and they are so excited. I thought my 8 year old DD would be disappointed about leaving the LM rooms, but I think she's more pumped up than her 6 year old brother to stay in the LK section! And I am excited about having way more room than the dinky little standard rooms! Only 6 more weeks!

Switched from POP to AoA LM room! DD4 is going to be so excited, she loves LM! :cheer2:We are going to be there from Dec. 13-19. Can't wait!:cool1:

I know LM rooms have been booked solid for months, so I wanted to post here that we just had to cancel our trip (1 room) for November 17-20. I also posted a few dining cancellations we had to make on the November ADR cancellation thread. I'm hoping someone can enjoy :goodvibes

I haven't had time to read through all this yet, and I am getting ready to book our trip.

For the Little Mermaid section is there a better building number to request... and what makes it better?

TIA

Princess Vija, in the LM section, the three buildings are #7 (Ursula), #8 (Ariel)
and #9 (King Triton).
They form a U-Shape, with the middle courtyard being the pool/LM grounds.
Building #8 (Ariel) is at the back of the U with #7 and #9 being on the sides.

Building #8 (Ariel)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces parking lots and grounds of AoA and Pop Century.
It is the farthest building in the LM section to walk to (and all of AoA for that matter) from the central areas (Animation Hall, main pool, bus stop).
Really though, only by 2 minutes or so.

Building #7 (Ursula)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces Hourglass Lake/Pop Century.

Building #9 (King Triton)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces the AoA parking lot.

Building #7 and #9 should be the same walking distance from Animation Hall.

Building #9 gives you a slight walking advantage if you are driving/parking in the lot or using the buses, you can cut along the sidewalk instead of walking through the courtyard.

I hope that makes sense and helps out a little....hopefully you can find a map on here somewhere?
A good location really depends on where you want to be located...close, parking, view, access to pool, etc.

Enjoy planning your trip!

Hi everyone! We have two rooms booked at AoA LM rooms for Feb 2013. I keep going back and fourth if I should change to POP. I'm really worried about the walk. I have seen mixed reviews. I tried looking for a video of the walk online to give me a better idea but could not find any. I am not worried about the adults but we do have children going on the trip (ages: 19mths,3,7 &9). We are renting a stroller so we will not have it with us for the walk to and from. I really do love the look of AoA much more than POP. I now see some people are trying to switch from POP to AoA LM!!!! I have no idea what I should do!

So my question is... Should I stay with AoA LM or see if I can book at POP?

Hi everyone! We have two rooms booked at AoA LM rooms for Feb 2013. I keep going back and fourth if I should change to POP. I'm really worried about the walk. I have seen mixed reviews. I tried looking for a video of the walk online to give me a better idea but could not find any. I am not worried about the adults but we do have children going on the trip (ages: 19mths,3,7 &9). We are renting a stroller so we will not have it with us for the walk to and from. I really do love the look of AoA much more than POP. I now see some people are trying to switch from POP to AoA LM!!!! I have no idea what I should do!

Stay at AoA!!! We stayed in the LM section in Sept and loved it.just request closest to bus stop.we were in building 9 parking lot view and could walk around parking lot to bus stop pretty quick.(4 min walk)

kordoyne said:

One quick suggestion: rent a real stroller from Kingdom Strollers or one of the other companies instead of renting from Disney. It is cheaper and you will have it for the resort.

I really don't think the walk to the LM rooms should be enough of a worry to cause you to switch resorts. The walk to LM is the longest but it's been reported to be a 5-7 minute walk at a normal pace.

At either resort, Pop or AoA, you will need to walk from the buses to your room. Yes, it's more likely to get a building/room at Pop with a closer walk to the buses, but you're not going to be just steps away no matter where you are.

As kordoyne suggests, looking into a third-party stroller rental is a good idea -- having a stroller for little ones is something you will want all around, at the resort and for the walk to and from the buses to the front of each park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter