• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was asked already. Was the boneyard area scaled back? I thought it was supposed to be a play area? It's only a short tunnel?

Can anyone who has done the Disney Dining Plan at AoA tell me what the options for dessert are with the CS meals are? IIRC, the gelato is not part of the dessert, but honestly didn't notice what the potential choices could be.
Thanks so much!

Sorry if this was asked already. Was the boneyard area scaled back? I thought it was supposed to be a play area? It's only a short tunnel?

We did talk about this already. I'm only saying this for one reason; not as criticism, but to let you know that you are one of many, many people who are so disappointed in the Graveyard 'play'ground. It is very scaled back and there really isn't anything for kids to play on. There aren't any slides or climbers or overhead activities, really nothing at all.?.? :confused3
PS: I just remembered something DigiMom, maybe it was discussed on the other 'AoA thread, 'The AoA Resort Part II'. If so, you wouldn't have seen the discussion anyway!

We were going to Disney from Sep 4-15, but, now we are going Sep 4-16 and now we are staying on a LM room on opening day!!!! Soooo excited!!! :cool1:

I tried to resist the temptation of extending our stay, really, really tried, until, DH said that he didn't see why we had to come on a saturday (15) and that's when I got the brilliant :idea: ::yes::

So, we will be leaving the Beach Club in the AM and check into AOA. Do you guys think we will be able to get into our room before 4p? Our plan is to spend the day at the hotel, spending time at the pools and taking lots of pictures... Can't think of a better way to relax :woohoo:

I just got back yesterday from our stay and as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will. I will have to say tho, pictures do not do this resort justice..It's amazing and wow!!!!
I didn't want to come home..

We are staying at LK in November. We are a family of 5: DH, DS 10, DS 8, DD just turning 4, and myself. I'm wondering where we're going to have everyone sleep? Am thinking boys will be 1 on pullout couch, 1 on pullout table thing, DH and I in master bed, than thinking I will rent a toddler bed for DD to be delivered and she can sleep in master with us rather than bringing a blowup bed. UNLESS AOA has rollaway beds you can request...which I am betting they do not. Anyone know?

Everything looks beautiful! We are staying in the LM section in November. I took a peak at pictures but that's it for a while--I want to be wow'ed when I arrive!

I'm just wondering if someone has the answer to this, why do none of the ale resorts have a water slide in the main pool? Seems like a no brainier. Is it to keep them "value" meaning not having something the moderates have?

Everything looks beautiful! We are staying in the LM section in November. I took a peak at pictures but that's it for a while--I want to be wow'ed when I arrive!

I'm just wondering if someone has the answer to this, why do none of the ale resorts have a water slide in the main pool? Seems like a no brainier. Is it to keep them "value" meaning not having something the moderates have?

You answered it right there. No slides or hot tubs at values because they are exactly that, values. You don't get all the amenities because you don't pay for them

I'm still very excited about seeing everything in person but the thing that I'm most anticipating is watching my kids seeing it all for the first time. :yay:

Oh me too! The kids don't know about the trip - it's a surprise - and I can't wait to see their reaction to AoA. I can't wait. I almost messed up and spoiled the surprise yesterday...it's so hard to keep it secret, and my 2 youngest will especially love AoA!!!!

saturdaygirl said:
i really wanted to stay at this resort in the LM standard rooms but the dates im planning on sold out!! :(

Book at another resort if you have to but keep checking back. Same thing happened for us, booked at all-star movies and one day I saw that our dates finally opened up! So do as everyone else on here told me.. don't give up! :)

There isn't really room for them to put the rollaway bed. As if you open both sofa bed and bed in the wall there isn't much room left and there for sure isn't room in the bedroom..

You answered it right there. No slides or hot tubs at values because they are exactly that, values. You don't get all the amenities because you don't pay for them

Well I certainly FEEL like I am, lol. The suite isn't really "cheap". I know they are in comparison to other suites, but still $$$ for "value"!

No one wants to be sued about the playground. We're staying at Nemo in Oct. I don't even think I'll walk the kids around to that 'playground' as they don't read and I don't want to spend time asking them to keep their feet on the ground! :worried:

I am not sure what you say about the playground. I guess I am confused. My 5 year old DGD loved it It's close enough to the fountains and maybe it's me, but, it seems very adequate for what is needed. Will you please explain disneydreamfan14? I do have photos but, am still trying to figure out how to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter