Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have good luck with upgrades to the family suites from the Standard rooms. We were there for two nights last weekend and were upgraded to the nemo rooms. I was pretty happy. The extra room was very nice. Is that a pretty standard thing to happen or pretty rare?

We were upgraded to a suite after our 1st night. :cool1: DH had a little mishap on the jetway getting off the plane so his knee was bothering him. I went over to the front desk on the spur of the moment after I filled up my mug in the AM, just to see if we could get a room that was a little closer. I was even toying with the idea of moving to Pop. But the CM noticed we were celebrating our anniversary and offered to move us! :thumbsup2 Loved the Cars suite.

We stopped by the resort on Sunday to look around. I was pleasantly surprised! My first reaction walking out of the main building toward the pool area was, kids would love it!

My only experience with the values has been 2 stays at ASMu about 10+ years ago. I haven't been over there in quite a while, but I feel that AoA is a notch above. I'll probably try to stay a few nights sometime in the future.

I'm so excited to stay in the LM rooms in 53 days! I am just wondering how the weather will be in Dec. I know it varies, but I'm just hoping it is warm enough to try out the pools!

I'm so excited to stay in the LM rooms in 53 days! I am just wondering how the weather will be in Dec. I know it varies, but I'm just hoping it is warm enough to try out the pools!

Disney pools are heated. I was there once in Janurary and there were kids swimming. Of course they were freezing when they came out but that just meant they were staying in most of the time.

Disney pools are heated. I was there once in Janurary and there were kids swimming. Of course they were freezing when they came out but that just meant they were staying in most of the time.

This is good to know - we are going in November, and were concerned the kids wouldn't be able to swim. And they are super excited about going in the Nemo pool!!

We were upgraded to a suite after our 1st night. :cool1: DH had a little mishap on the jetway getting off the plane so his knee was bothering him. I went over to the front desk on the spur of the moment after I filled up my mug in the AM, just to see if we could get a room that was a little closer. I was even toying with the idea of moving to Pop. But the CM noticed we were celebrating our anniversary and offered to move us! :thumbsup2 Loved the Cars suite.

That sucks about your husband's knee, but it was awesome that they upgraded you and you were able to stay in a suite.

Hmmm...so....if I "accidentally" trip my DH, and he fall and hurts his leg ......hmmm, interesting. :idea:

(KIDDING!!) :lmao:

Yep. My daughter even swam on the coldest of nights in that cold snap of 2010. I think she was warmer in the water than I was huddled in a blanket on the side of the pool.

The swimming is fine. It's the walk (run!) back to the room that will do you in.

Does anyone know what the weather is like the first week of June... I am from Washington state and wondering what to pack Jeans, shorts...ect

Does anyone know what the weather is like the first week of June... I am from Washington state and wondering what to pack Jeans, shorts...ect

I use to live in Orlando. And in June it is going to be very HOT and rain in the afternoons for about 20 to 30mins.

penni520 said:
I use to live in Orlando. And in June it is going to be very HOT and rain in the afternoons for about 20 to 30mins.

Is the weather in mid september the same?

Please forgive me if this has been asked/answered. I searched the thread but couldn't find the details I want.

I saw where someone mentioned the AoA suites have paper plates. Do they have bowls? We leave tomorrow & I packed small cereal boxes. I'm trying to decide if we need to pack some plastic bowls. I read in this thread that there are plastic utensils. I'm assuming that includes spoons. Can someone let me know if that's wrong so I can make sure I throw some in the suitcase?

Thanks!

virge said:
Please forgive me if this has been asked/answered. I searched the thread but couldn't find the details I want.

I saw where someone mentioned the AoA suites have paper plates. Do they have bowls? We leave tomorrow & I packed small cereal boxes. I'm trying to decide if we need to pack some plastic bowls. I read in this thread that there are plastic utensils. I'm assuming that includes spoons. Can someone let me know if that's wrong so I can make sure I throw some in the suitcase?

Thanks!

Yes you get paper bowls and plates along with single wrapped utensils which include forks, spoons and knives. :) so you shouldn't need the plastic bowls...have a GREAT trip!!!

Yes you get paper bowls and plates along with single wrapped utensils which include forks, spoons and knives. :) so you shouldn't need the plastic bowls...have a GREAT trip!!!

Thanks for the fast response! I really appreciate it:goodvibes

jimandami said:
I would think the temps are about the same but mid-September is probably more humid and a little more rainy.

When you say rainy, just how rainy do you mean? All day or sfternoon only like june?

ilanakan said:
When you say rainy, just how rainy do you mean? All day or sfternoon only like june?

You just never know! When we were there (22-30), there were just a couple afternoon storms that lasted an hour or so. I believe the weeks before had a little more rain...it is "hurricane season," so you just never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter