Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
choc milk and oj too? Anything else that they sell in the line of grocery stuff please post here :goodvibes english muffins, bagels?

Breakfast ideas... Is there anywhere at AofA to buy milk for breakfast in our room? I assume the food court sells small containers of milk. Anything bigger - or orange juice? We will be without a car and would like to avoid expensive breakfasts if we can.

We are flying Southwest, so we are allowed 2 suitcases each. I am packing one with all food items. I am bringing cereal, bagels, English muffins, bread, a toaster, fruit, Parmalat milk (no refrigeration until opened), juice packs, peanut butter and jelly and a couple other snack items. I will pack the butter and cream cheese in a small soft cooler with a freezer pack. Our flight isn't that long. We will have all our breakfasts in the room except one character breakfast. Will save time and money. I got a toaster at WalMart for $7.99, so even if I don't bring it home...no big deal. My niece and nephew are slow starting in the morning, so every minute will count. I want to do rope drop every day!

Okay.

So I'm doing one night at AoA then meeting a friend for 4 nights at POFQ. Then I decided to stay an extra couple of nights and could only get ASMu.

So when I online checked in for AoA they gave no options for requests except offering a pack and play which I think is what everyone said they got. (at least of LM rooms)

But I went today to do online for the ASMu and I got a list of like 7 things. I could ask for a particular section, or close to transportation or a couple of other general requests.

Maybe since LM is so far out there is just no point in offereing options online?

Or because it's so full (but them I think ASMu is sold out as well) they just are going with a get what you get policy?

Oh well. I didn't really have any requests for AoA since it was only one night and I'll have a car anyway.

I'll see what happens.

Okay.

So I'm doing one night at AoA then meeting a friend for 4 nights at POFQ. Then I decided to stay an extra couple of nights and could only get ASMu.

So when I online checked in for AoA they gave no options for requests except offering a pack and play which I think is what everyone said they got. (at least of LM rooms)

But I went today to do online for the ASMu and I got a list of like 7 things. I could ask for a particular section, or close to transportation or a couple of other general requests.

Maybe since LM is so far out there is just no point in offereing options online?

Or because it's so full (but them I think ASMu is sold out as well) they just are going with a get what you get policy?

Oh well. I didn't really have any requests for AoA since it was only one night and I'll have a car anyway.

I'll see what happens.

I did online check in and stayed in a Cars Suite. The pack and play was my only option too. However, I made requests through my travel agent and she faxed them my requests.

I did online check in and stayed in a Cars Suite. The pack and play was my only option too. However, I made requests through my travel agent and she faxed them my requests.

I made request when I reserved as well, but they still showed up (plus more) for AS and nothing for AoA. I thought maybe all values had limited choices for requests but I'm begining to think it's just something about AoA.

My options for POFQ were close to main building/close to transportion/ground floor.

You didn't even get the ground floor one at AoA. (i did get that option at the ASMu as well).

The more I read about others checking in online the more I think AoA is just not doing 'requests' right now. Maybe after the new resort smell is gone they'll offer it. :rotfl:

I made request when I reserved as well, but they still showed up (plus more) for AS and nothing for AoA. I thought maybe all values had limited choices for requests but I'm begining to think it's just something about AoA.

My options for POFQ were close to main building/close to transportion/ground floor.

You didn't even get the ground floor one at AoA. (i did get that option at the ASMu as well).

The more I read about others checking in online the more I think AoA is just not doing 'requests' right now. Maybe after the new resort smell is gone they'll offer it. :rotfl:

I requested a quiet room on the top floor, lakeside view in building 3. I got a relatively quiet room, on the 3rd floor, not the 4th floor, of building 1 (facing the parking lot). That was fine. I just didn't want to be near the pool since I was afraid it might be noisy. I could hear the toilets flushing throughout the night. They're very loud. I could also hear people moving above or around me but it wasn't horribly loud.

I agree that once the resort isn't new anymore, they'll probably have more options available for online requests.

choc milk and oj too? Anything else that they sell in the line of grocery stuff please post here :goodvibes english muffins, bagels?

Cereals? Sliced bread? Jam? Flying from Canada and using Magical Express so won't be able to bring much stuff with us.

Does anyone know how far of a walk the LM rooms are from the main building? Thanks!

I've heard estimates of 5-7 minutes, but it didn't seem that long to me. We only walked over there once and it definitely didn't take longer than 5 minutes, but we walk kind of fast.

Does anyone know how far of a walk the LM rooms are from the main building? Thanks!

Didn't someone google earth it and it was 1/4 a mile? Most people have been between 5-10 minutes with 5 being the fast walkers and 10 being the slower walkers or walkers with little ones walking as well.

Thanks! I have been reading through this thread, but there is so much information! We had a perfered room at POP but it was one of the furthest ones out, and based on the map, I figured it was about double that distance (was thinking 6-10 min). I didn't figure it was that bad, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks! I have been reading through this thread, but there is so much information! We had a perfered room at POP but it was one of the furthest ones out, and based on the map, I figured it was about double that distance (was thinking 6-10 min). I didn't figure it was that bad, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Are you sure you got a prefered room at Pop?

I think the furthest LM room at AoA is further than the furthest room at Pop. The LM rooms would be like the 80s & 90s at Pop.

Cereals? Sliced bread? Jam? Flying from Canada and using Magical Express so won't be able to bring much stuff with us.

Have you considered using a grocery delivery service? I've used www.gardengrocer.com many times with good luck. They do have a $40 minimum and $12 delivery charge for orders under $200 but have found it worth it. I usually get a couple of cases of water, sunscreen (then I don't have to worry about it leaking in my bag), liquid hand soap (hate when the bars get all mushy on the sink), fruit, and snacks.

Another place I've used is www.minimus.biz They sell all sorts of travel size items-shampoos, toothpaste, individual bowls of cereal, tons of snacks, .... They have free shipping for orders over $20. They are on the west coast so I order about 2 weeks before I go to be sure it will arrive before me. They do a great job packaging the stuff and separate the food from non food items.

I haven't been to AoA yet but at Pop they sell chocolate milk in the tiny bottles (8oz?) and bigger bottles (12ish oz?) but not half gallon. For cereal I've only seen individual bowls not boxes. I thought I read on this thread that bread at AoA was just by the slice not the loaf.

Didn't someone google earth it and it was 1/4 a mile? Most people have been between 5-10 minutes with 5 being the fast walkers and 10 being the slower walkers or walkers with little ones walking as well.

We were in Bldg. 9 and it too us about 6-7 minutes with pushing strollers - it may be quicker as we also had my inlaws dragging behind us but I know it had to be a bit less than that when my mom & I would walk just the 2 of us at night.

I did online check-in...we arrive this Sat on 10/13. Our flight lands at 10:20AM. I am hoping to have the luggage and rental car and be on the road to the resort by 11:30, arriving around noon. We have a 1:15 ADR for lunch at Raglan Road over at DTD. I am hoping that noon-1 will be enough time to check in and drop off the luggage. Then, lunch and grab some groceries...and in the pool by 4 PM!!!

Now, if there are flight delays or airport delays or traffic delays, we will go straight to DTD and then get to AoA by 3:30 or 4.

I will try to remember to report on the check-in lines...

So, we arrived at the resort right around noon. There were maybe 12-15 families in line at check-in, but no one at the online check-in lines. Walked right up...done in 5 minutes.

I had requested a room in building 10, and they offered me a 3rd floor one facing the courtyard, or a 1st floor lakeview in building 6. We took that, as I was nervous about the noise in the courtyard from the movies. And my older DD and I took a walk past last night. It is a bit loud. I also and glad I didn't pick a nemo room, as those rooms would get a lot of noise in the afternoon from the pool party. They had the music going pretty loud today!

Beautiful resort, though. Love my LK room.

As a non smoker and as someone who has kids with medical issues, I found that the smoking area was too close to the entrance of the bldg. often, when exiting the building, I could smell the smoke instantly, and walking by on the path, the smell was overwhelming too. But it could just be that way due to sensitivities. I will be writing to Disney about that though, as I noticed it throughout the parks as well.

I have been less than satisfied with the attempts Disney makes (or doesn't make) to seperate smoking from non-smokers. This is an area they fall far behind in. I have been many places that do a much better job. I have 2 children with breathing issues and have twice asked Disney employees to step in when people were smoking while walking around, once in Epcot a supervisor was too busy pin trading w/a guest to do anyting about it and most recently at AoA while walking the entire way from LM to the smoking area near the food court. I asked two employees who did nothing but smile. I see this more and more and admit it has been since my kids have had issues, I'm sure it happened before but it never bothered me.

welcome back Pinkerbelle! Post the pics so we can see them!!!!:cheer2: Hope you had a great trip...come on over to the April thread to start planning for the next :hyper:

Thanks, I'll be there next!

we have stayed at all the values except music and it does seem like there is a bit more space between the Lion king resort and the LM - making the walk a bit more. I don't know y, but it does seem long. We wouldnt stay there again because DH hated the long walk as did I just for a drink, especially for the little legs in the family :) :goodvibes

We'll be staying at aoa FN suite sep. 2013. I was wondering, can we order groceries to the suite (water, yogurts etc.)? If so, how is it done, and hoe far ahead can we place the order?

So, we arrived at the resort right around noon. There were maybe 12-15 families in line at check-in, but no one at the online check-in lines. Walked right up...done in 5 minutes.

I had requested a room in building 10, and they offered me a 3rd floor one facing the courtyard, or a 1st floor lakeview in building 6. We took that, as I was nervous about the noise in the courtyard from the movies. And my older DD and I took a walk past last night. It is a bit loud. I also and glad I didn't pick a nemo room, as those rooms would get a lot of noise in the afternoon from the pool party. They had the music going pretty loud today!

Beautiful resort, though. Love my LK room.

Hmm ... I keep waffling on LK vs. Nemo. Others here have said the noise actually in the rooms isn't noticeable, but some do. Decisions, decisions!

Those who've stayed in FN rooms, what area would you recommend?

We are coming to AoA next November (just booked a couple of days ago!) we are staying in LM.
When I look at the map it shows the car park runs along side the resort so does that mean that we can just park our car up near our room and just cut through to our room or do we still have to walk through reception?

Distance makes no difference for me personally but I was just thinking it would be handy for the kiddies who would be tired after a long day at the parks.

We'll be staying at aoa FN suite sep. 2013. I was wondering, can we order groceries to the suite (water, yogurts etc.)? If so, how is it done, and hoe far ahead can we place the order?

We order from Garden Grocer. You just go to the website and choose your order and then choose your delivery date. Great service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter