• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 more days and we will be in a LM room... We did end up with the free dining but I booked the 1st day that you could book a little mermaid room last spring.. I do not think it is offered anymore...

It never hurts to call, but I can tell you that there is no general public offer for free dining at AoA-LM right now. The PINs that offered free dining at AoA-LM are all expired, to the best of my knowledge, so even if you had one attached to your account that you were unaware of, it would be very odd if it was still valid for booking.
They underestimated the demand for standard rooms at AoA, and LM is going to be well booked for the foreseeable future, which means no discounts for most or all of us...

Yeah, I hear you. I think that they are going to be sorry that they didn't make some standard rooms in the other three sections, also.

22 more days and we will be in a LM room... We did end up with the free dining but I booked the 1st day that you could book a little mermaid room last spring.. I do not think it is offered anymore...

We booked on the very first day last Spring also, but we were only offered a small % off of the room. :confused3

My understanding is that free dining was only available on LM rooms in November by Pin Code. It was specifically excluded under the GP offer. Likewise, those rooms are excluded from the room only offer that came out today.

I booked with the Visa free dining promo back in March. My original resort was POFQ, then later, Little Mermaid became available so I switched. :cool1:

The next FD Promo did not include the LM rooms.

I booked with the Visa free dining promo back in March. My original resort was POFQ, then later, Little Mermaid became available so I switched. :cool1:

The next FD Promo did not include the LM rooms.

I was talking about the November offer. The deal back in March was for August/September.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

17 days!

I'm wondering 2 things - is it going to be a complete zoo on the first day (15th) we'll be arriving around 10 am.....also wondering if since it's the first LM day if the room will be ready immediately (since in theory nobody else will be in it to clear out)...?

thoughts?

I'm so excited it doesn't matter if it's a nuthouse and it probably will be - I guess I'm just mentally preparing myself right now.

We check in on the 15th too, we are arriving Friday though and spending one night at Pop and then moving over. I'd like to go check in as soon as possible but was wondering what the crowd will be like.

We check in on the 15th too, we are arriving Friday though and spending one night at Pop and then moving over. I'd like to go check in as soon as possible but was wondering what the crowd will be like.

Would you still be able to use the online check-in option? That might save some time at check-in. I would think they'd let people into those rooms as soon as they're checked in to keep the line moving.

I've been to AoA to just visit and my friend and I finally decided to splurge and stay there for a night this coming weekend.

How do the resort mugs work exactly? I'm assuming there's a fee...

So excited! Our favorite movie is LK so we're of course staying in the LK wing. :)

17 days!

I'm wondering 2 things - is it going to be a complete zoo on the first day (15th) we'll be arriving around 10 am.....also wondering if since it's the first LM day if the room will be ready immediately (since in theory nobody else will be in it to clear out)...?

thoughts?

I'm so excited it doesn't matter if it's a nuthouse and it probably will be - I guess I'm just mentally preparing myself right now.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: I had to put a dancing guy in for all of us!!!

We are having the same thoughts. Since we would arrive around 6am we have decided to stop and sleep, so we wont arrive until around 11 or 12. We were afraid if arriving at 6am nothing was open and if our room was not ready, we would not have anything to do and be really tierd.

We thought as well in theroy our room would be ready as it is empty, but decided not to take the risk.

I'm thinking there is no way they will wait and have us all check in at 3, now that would be a zoo!! I'm super excited as well, and the kids don't know we have added opening night before we go to CR.

How do the resort mugs work exactly? I'm assuming there's a fee...

The refillable mugs are available for purchase in the Landscape of Flavors food court. The last pricing info I have is they are $14.49 plus tax. The mug can then be filled as many times as you wish for the remainder of your stay. Beverage choices include soda, coffee, iced tea.

If you have a Magic Your Way ticket package that includes a dining plan (I am guessing you don't) then the dining plans include credits for refillable mugs, so you don't have to pay for them out of pocket.

I was talking about the November offer. The deal back in March was for August/September.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I will make sure I give you the "skinny" :)

I am a little nervous about it being hot and humid, but we wanted to be there for Olivia's birthday, which is October 5, so we had no choice. She does not know that we are going anywhere let alone Disney. We have family in Orlando and Melbourne so I plan on telling her we are going to The Villages to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene. She will not find out until we get to the Magical Express. :goodvibes

I am a little nervous about it being hot and humid, but we wanted to be there for Olivia's birthday, which is October 5, so we had no choice. She does not know that we are going anywhere let alone Disney. We have family in Orlando and Melbourne so I plan on telling her we are going to The Villages to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene. She will not find out until we get to the Magical Express. :goodvibes

Sounds awesome! I would love to surprise my daughter, but just don't know how to keep a secret!:rotfl: Now tha she's in middle school, I think this could be our last December trip. So I really am going to need the lowdown on October weather.

We will be there the same time as you celebrating my DD 7th bday as well! This is her 2nd bday trip and in 2009 it was HOT! But were headed back anyway lol

mnmhouston said:
Yes that's the norm for values and they do lack luxury but for us, we'd rather stay for 8,9,10 days at a value then at a mod or deluxe for a much shorter time.

Beware you will find surprise enjoyment in the value resort, and you may not miss the luxuries! :-)

We're now planning our first stay at a value after all deluxes. I'm looking forward to the surprise enjoyment at AoA :). What a great outlook!

We will be there the same time as you celebrating my DD 7th bday as well! This is her 2nd bday trip and in 2009 it was HOT! But were headed back anyway lol

We were there for my daughter's birthday a week earlier in 09. That was certainly one for the record books.

Happy Birthday to your DD! Are you in the LM section? Maybe we will see you there :)

I am hoping that the temps in 2009 were a fluke. :thumbsup2

Firstly, thanks everyone for so much information, makes planning so much easier. We have been to WDW and DL 5 times with different age groups. This time we'll be taking our 4 1/2year old nephew and I'm torn between booking A of A or All stars Movies. We do not need a family suite since there's only 3 of us and the standard room is themed little mermaid. Do you think the room is too girly for a boy? Also is it a long hike to the main pool and reception area? thanks in advance for your opinions.

ABDisney said:
Firstly, thanks everyone for so much information, makes planning so much easier. We have been to WDW and DL 5 times with different age groups. This time we'll be taking our 4 1/2year old nephew and I'm torn between booking A of A or All stars Movies. We do not need a family suite since there's only 3 of us and the standard room is themed little mermaid. Do you think the room is too girly for a boy? Also is it a long hike to the main pool and reception area? thanks in advance for your opinions.

My DBFF and her boys are booking LM. The CM told her that the rooms were not girlie at all. Just like you she doesn't need a suite I'm a family of five so we booked Nemo suite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Happy Birthday to your DD! Are you in the LM section? Maybe we will see you there :)

I am hoping that the temps in 2009 were a fluke. :thumbsup2

We are staying in the LM section....i really hope that heat was a fluke lol we moved last year more south so we are kind of getting used to it though.

We were there September 27-30 in 2010 to celebrate my DD's birthday which is October 2nd, and it was hot. I want to say the temps were in the 90's! We'll be at AOA from October 1-5 this year to celebrate DD's 6th birthday ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter