Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmorrisey1204

jmorrisey1204 Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! I was worried my DH would be ready to go home by Day 2. Ive allowed for rest days every few days but some posts I read had people leaving two hours before just to get to rope drop

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

I have a question Which building were you in and which floor? We are going in September and I'm trying to decide what my request should be. I would like to be away from the outdoor movie because my son goes to bed kinda early.

4. tehvalerie

tehvalerie Mouseketeer

The movie screenings are between bldgs 6 and 10 at the end closest to Nemo. If you look at this map, you can see the first little beige courtyard area between the roundabout and the main courtyard at the center of the buildings. Ask for a lake view (I enjoyed ours in the LM section) and you'll be fine!

5. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

Awesome. Thanks for the Map and Info.

6. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Just so happen to have a picture from the batch I put up on our report this morning, so I thought I would offer it up here.

This is where AoA shows the outdoor movie.

[​IMG]

7. janicejoy

janicejoy Earning My Ears

Looking for advise on BLDG 7 LM. I would like connecting rooms on quietest floor. Any suggestions? Since we can't stay in LK suites right now due to cost I chose LM. Its myself, DH, DS-21, DS-15. (They dont know yet we are staying in LM)lol. IS Bldg 7 the closest to LK and the closest to LM building to food court?

8. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

We had three rooms on our reservation in LM and ended up with 2 with a door between but the third down around the way from us. CM at check in said were all in a row but we found different

9. 1tufgt

1tufgt DIS Veteran

Can't wait to stay here, we are book for late Oct. in the Mermaid section.

10. vnuzz

vnuzz Mouseketeer

We're booked to stay here Sept 8-15 in a Cars suite. Thinking of upgrading to a mod to make the most of FD savings. Something is telling my kids will love AoA even though they assure me they really don't care and are excited about the prospect of a waterside at a mod :)

11. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Depending on what you book, a moderate room will likely save you money as many room rates for moderates are less than AoA suites.

12. vnuzz

vnuzz Mouseketeer

We've worked out we will save around $750 by staying at AoA and upgrading from QS to regular DP (we have already added a regular DP to our package). Or we can save around $1500 by upgrading to a preferred room at a mod and get the regular DP free.

Probably sounds like a no brainer but seeings we are traveling from Australia and have no idea if or when we will be back our first deciding factor is what will give us the greater experience and better memories - closely followed by cost ;)

13. Sunlover317

Sunlover317 Earning My Ears

Just booked a cars suite for July for 3 of us. My son is 5. He wants to stay in the Lightening McQueen building. Is that bld 3? What are the views from that one and is there a preferred floor?

14. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

The building with McQueen and Sally out front is building 2. Views vary by room and include the other Cars buildings, the lake, or landscaping/parking.

15. sug78

sug78 Mouseketeer

We are on the 3rd floor build. 7 right now- its a connecting room however it's on the pool side. It's 9:40pm and I hear quite a bit of noise coming from the pool.
    As for distance from the main building- we don't find that the walk is too far. 5 min...maybe. You would only add another 30 seconds to your walk if you were in build 8. We have had a much longer walk when we stayed at AKL;)

16. deadheadmamma4

deadheadmamma4 Mouseketeer

Are there fridges in the LM rooms

17. MuchLovedMama

MuchLovedMama Mouseketeer

Yes

18. Sunlover317

Sunlover317 Earning My Ears

What views do you have from cars suites?

19. BeckFam08

BeckFam08 Mouseketeer

3 adults and 3 toddlers in our party so we will utilize all 3 sleeping areas. Will housekeeping keep them as beds or fold them up each night?

20. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

They folded them up every day but maybe you can request they dont

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

21. mmtwinmama

mmtwinmama Mouseketeer

Hi. We usually leave $5 each morning for mouse keeping. Should we leave more when we are in the suite? Staying 4 nights in LM room and 2 in a suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.