Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmbcanada

dmbcanada Mouseketeer

Reading a lot on Trip Advisor that guests of AOA in April said that the Mermaid rooms had a breakfast to go and beverage station in the courtyard. Hopefully this trend continues. Will be quick and convenient instead of having to deal with the crowds at Landscapes in the mornings.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lazer

lazer DIS Veteran

Just went to look at rooms again for the week we're going (already booked) and there are no little mermaid rooms available. Hoping it is not too crowded! (Going sept 13-22nd)

4. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I have not heard that at all and it wasn't in Nov. maybe they got enough complaints since then. Or maybe it was for Spring break?

5. switch15foot

switch15foot Mouseketeer

trying to locate a resort map with specific room number on it ... any help would be appreciated; i feel like i was able to find one for the AllStars but can't remember where i go it

6. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

I've never heard of anything like that at a Disney resort. Do you have a link?

7. lazer

lazer DIS Veteran

8. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

9. TheSilverTherapist

TheSilverTherapist The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

We'll be staying in one of the LM rooms during the first night of our September trip.

I was wondering how long is it to walk from building 9 to the main building and bus stops? I'm having trouble getting a sense of scale from the map.

10. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

Has anyone been there recently that can confirm the snack and coffee stand?

We are booked at AoA and I was waffling between a value and mod depending on discount (specifically FD) but have decided even if it is a 100 or so more I would rather be at AoA. Between the bigger bed, two bathrooms and not having to take a bus to get to a pool, it wins out over the cabins. Sorry DH - no hot tub for you lol.

11. Melchiour

Melchiour Earning My Ears

We get to AOA tomorrow. I will see if there is a breakfast cart and let everyone know.

12. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

It's about 10 minutes to the bus stops.

We really liked the resort, it's beautiful, the theming is incredible. The pools and the characters and landscaping were truly wonderful. Loved the food court, not a bad meal tge entire time. BUT, we have a large family and need 2 connecting rooms, that's why we stayed in the LM rooms, but I found the distance from the food court and bus stop to be inconvenient. It wasn't so much a problem in the morning when everyone was energetic and excited to get to the parks, but at night after a very long day in the parks, that walk seemed never ending. My husband started driving our suburban to the front each morning and parking near the bus stop and then we would all drive back over to the LM section when we got back each night.

Glad we got to experience it once, but I'm sure we will head back to All Star Movies for our trip this year. We stay in the Mighty Ducks section there and it is , literally, across the street from the All Star Music bus stop.

13. jenhum

jenhum Earning My Ears

I was there last week and it was fantastic! We stayed in a Lion King suite and I didn't have any complaints. A/c was plenty cold (and it was HOT last week), fridge kept our drinks icy cold, buses were really fast, food court lines weren't too long....it was great!

We mostly ate breakfast I mour room but I saw this sign when we were checking out the Little Mermaid section:

[​IMG]

14. dmbcanada

dmbcanada Mouseketeer

This perfect, I don't need the bacon and eggs every morning! :)

15. TheSilverTherapist

TheSilverTherapist The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

Ah well, what can you do? It's only my wife and I, so the LM rooms were the only ones that made any sense. We're only there for the one night, so the long walk to the bus shouldn't be a big deal.

16. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Definitely wont make a difference for one night, by it did after 10 nights ;-) I think you will definitely enjoy the resort itself, we don't regret staying there, just found the LM rooms too far off from the rest of the resort for our taste.

17. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

We were there April 6th-13th and even though they had a sign out, I never saw any indication of breakfast or beverage station by the LM pool or anywhere in the courtyard. :confused3

18. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

Yup, that's the sign we saw.

19. matt&jakesmom

matt&jakesmom DIS Veteran

Planning on staying there next year. I guess I should make DH and DS's aware now that the walk from LM to the bus/food is 10 minutes.

20. dmbcanada

dmbcanada Mouseketeer

Hmmm....hopefully breakfast isn't like only from 4am-6am. :confused3

21. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

The earliest we were out was 7:45am and we never saw anything. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.