Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention - my In laws booked a LM room through AAA for one night. They live in FL in the winter and were just coming up for one day to see us (well, the grandkids;) ) They got a call from AAA a few weeks before to say they could upgrade to a suite for x amount - FIL said no way. The next day they got a call saying they had been upgraded to a suite for free. Of course they were in a Cars suite which was across the resort from us so we didn't really see them... But I'll put that out there to see if it works for anyone else.

Just booked AoA Cars suite today for Sept! I can't wait! DS will be 4 on our trip and every time he sees me looking at the Cars suite, he whispers "Can we really stay there?" I can't wait to see him when we get there! Now that this decision is done, it's onto dining! ;) 191 days to go!

Resorts just don't pay any attention to faxed requests...with a few exceptions. We've been told, at the front desk of most resorts (and yes, I ask) if they accept faxed requests. Nope, the paperwork goes directly into the 'circular file'!!
Those that put in request the proper way, via the phone to whomever they originally booked their stay, will have their request looked at.
So, sure go ahead and send in a fax, but that isn't the acceptable (per Disney) way of putting in a request.

I would have to disagree on that. Last year I faxed POFQ my room request a few days prior to arrival and upon check in they said they had received and granted my request.

I just booked AOA September 12-18th for my DS 4th birthday!!!! Im so excited but I have 4 days to until I make ADR.:eek:

Pheww I just read through all 209 pages! It took me like a week of trying to catch up :coffee:
Right now we are booked in at AoA (requested a cars suite) but since I did not have the option of selecting that at the time of booking I understand its just a request. I qualify for a special rate through my company & nothing but the rate is guaranteed in fact I'm surprised that AoA is even listed!!! We are driving down :drive: for the 1st time December 1 - 7. We were going to fly but I did not realize that is Thanksgiving weekend, so as of right now rates are absolutely absurd. I'll keep watching to see if they go down. Just wanted to pop in and say HI everybody. It will be DH, Myself, my Mom, DD-11 & DS who will be turning 1 on our trip. We were actually booked to go last year in December and DS made his appearance on the day we were scheduled to fly out. So while we were disappointed to cancel our trip it just makes us even more excited to travel this year!:woohoo:

We are thinking about a family suite at AOA, but I am worried it won't be big enough. We have 6 people. Me, DH, and 4 boys. The boys will be 14, 12, 10 and 5. They are pretty tall kids. Do you think 2 of them will fit in the fold out beds? Will we be cramped in the room? Would we be better off getting 2 standard rooms?

We are thinking about a family suite at AOA, but I am worried it won't be big enough. We have 6 people. Me, DH, and 4 boys. The boys will be 14, 12, 10 and 5. They are pretty tall kids. Do you think 2 of them will fit in the fold out beds? Will we be cramped in the room? Would we be better off getting 2 standard rooms?

I think they will fit fine. maybe put the tallest son with the the 5 year old and put the other 2 together. it will be nice to have the table during the day.

don't forget, no matter what anyone says, you are never GUARANTEED to have connecting rooms. either way, you have 2 bathrooms.

Thanks. I would love to be able to stay in the cars room. That is definitely a family favorite. If we decide to go with 2 rooms I wouldn't care if they are connecting. We would try for it but if didn't work, that's ok.

well, if you don't care about being in non connecting rooms, there are lots of things to consider.

is the "kitchenette" important to you? (like , will you really use the micorwave to save money,e tc... when hubby and I drive, we actually DO use it.. we microwave cans of beef stew, chili, etc)

is a pool slide important to you you do have older kids. AOA has no pool slide. pofq slide is bascially useless to any kids over 5 anyway.

how much time will you spend at the resort? if not a whole lot, I would go with whichever is the cheapest option.

with 4 boys though, gee, the cars suite would be really cool!

I know, the cars room would be so cool. I really just want to hang out in a cozy cone by the pool. We have lots to think about. Thanks.

Well, I just jumped ship from POR and switched our reservation over to a Lion King suite for our upcoming May trip!

I originally booked POR because the savings were very significant and I thought it looked very pretty. BUT, I kept having this nagging feeling that we should be at AOA!

My kids (4 of them!) are at prime ages for AOA. We don't get to Disney often, so they will most likely be much older on the next trip and AOA probably won't be as magical to them then. POR will always be there next time. :)

It makes me laugh when I read reviews of AOA that talk about how it's noisy and filled with a lot of kids. Well, our family is noisy with a lot of kids, so I guess we're the people others are trying to stay away from!:rotfl2: We should fit right in at AOA. :thumbsup2

We are thinking of booking AOA-LM for our trip in August-- here is a question/ concern. How often are "free upgrades" occurring to other room types with the LM rooms. The reason I ask is that my DD-3 would have her heart set on a LM room and would be devastated if they were overbooked and we were moved after telling her. Can you ever turn down an upgade? Are they more the exception than the rule? Just nervous based on what I've read on here recently. Thanks!

MidwestMulan said:
We are thinking of booking AOA-LM for our trip in August-- here is a question/ concern. How often are "free upgrades" occurring to other room types with the LM rooms. The reason I ask is that my DD-3 would have her heart set on a LM room and would be devastated if they were overbooked and we were moved after telling her. Can you ever turn down an upgade? Are they more the exception than the rule? Just nervous based on what I've read on here recently. Thanks!

Have you checked to see if they were rooms available at LM? I just checked for my dates in August and there were none available. :-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are looking to book a family suite at aoa. We have 3 boys and can't really decide which Wing we would like the best. In the online reservations it looks like you can pick a specific theme or they also have a category that just says "family suite" does that mean they will randomly assign us one? Might be a fun little experiment! I really just can't decide! They all look so nice!

Does AOA has a outdoor Movies and Extra magic hours? Cars wing is close to the bus stops?

Yes to the outdoor evening movies. They are shown in between the LK buildings on an inflatable screen.

The furthest room at Cars is maybe a 5 minute walk from the main building. Buses are located in front of the main building.

I see so many people worried about the walk to and from, but compared to the walks from any park gate to the bus stops, it is nothing. The walk back at night into the Cars section is incredible and walking through LK to the LM section is peaceful and soothing.

Having stayed twice in LM for 11 days total, I can tell you I am a huge fan.
The CMs at the front desk were awesome :thumbsup2!

Well, I just jumped ship from POR and switched our reservation over to a Lion King suite for our upcoming May trip!

I originally booked POR because the savings were very significant and I thought it looked very pretty. BUT, I kept having this nagging feeling that we should be at AOA!

My kids (4 of them!) are at prime ages for AOA. We don't get to Disney often, so they will most likely be much older on the next trip and AOA probably won't be as magical to them then. POR will always be there next time. :)

It makes me laugh when I read reviews of AOA that talk about how it's noisy and filled with a lot of kids. Well, our family is noisy with a lot of kids, so I guess we're the people others are trying to stay away from!:rotfl2: We should fit right in at AOA. :thumbsup2

Love the bolded part of your post.:rotfl2: I have 2 very noisy kids and while my son is going to be 12 on this trip he wanted to stay at AOA. My DD(8) asks me everyday when we are going to check in. My family is looking forward to our trip in August so we too should fit right in. :thumbsup2

SugarSpice said:
We are looking to book a family suite at aoa. We have 3 boys and can't really decide which Wing we would like the best. In the online reservations it looks like you can pick a specific theme or they also have a category that just says "family suite" does that mean they will randomly assign us one? Might be a fun little experiment! I really just can't decide! They all look so nice!

Yes, if you choose the family suite option, they will assign your suite randomly.

Just booked a LM room for 3 nights...Oct. 11 - 14. I'm really excited to stay at this new resort (although even the LM rooms will be over a year old by the time I go)!

mickeyfan0805 said:
We're in the same place. This will be trip number 5 for our older girls (6 and 8), but this is the first they don't know about. We're doing a whole scavenger hunt thing the morning we leave. Can't wait!

I have a surprise trip planned... Not my first surprise trip and my kids have been 10+ times.... But they have no idea about this one!!! 29 days to go,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter