Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in today. Resort is amazing! But. . . The LM rooms seem much farther than I was picturing. Might have been the luggage or being spoiled by preferred rooms though.

We were just there a couple weeks ago, and yes, the LM rooms are a haul from the lobby. We liked the resort, however, I wish they had taken as much time on the rest of the resort as they did the Cars section. Radiator Springs was amazing, but LM and Lion King left something to be desired.

LM rooms are small. I can't imagine spending a week there with 3-4 folks in the room. They really need to put a pool bar or something down there... if you have a refillable mug, it is too far to walk just to get a drink.

I am glad we stayed there, but I don't know we will do it again, and the suites are out of our price range.

Hey all. Thanks for the great reviews, pics, and tips. We will be arriving at AoA tomorrow in the LK section. Quick question regarding transportation. We have a 9:15 breakfast res at Cape May Cafe in a couple days. From reading here, we will need to take an early bus to Downtown Disney and then grab a bus there to the Beach Club Resort. Is that right? Any idea how much time to allow? Thank you!!

Hey all. Thanks for the great reviews, pics, and tips. We will be arriving at AoA tomorrow in the LK section. Quick question regarding transportation. We have a 9:15 breakfast res at Cape May Cafe in a couple days. From reading here, we will need to take an early bus to Downtown Disney and then grab a bus there to the Beach Club Resort. Is that right? Any idea how much time to allow? Thank you!!

Have you thought about getting a cab? I know it's an extra expense, but it would save SO much time! We stayed at AoA last week and we had our own car and the parks all seemed so close - HS is just around the corner and the Epcot resorts are too. I would be surprised if it's more than a couple miles.

Or since HS is so close....could you take a bus there and then a catch Beach Club bus from there? DTD just seems so far out of the way. :confused3

Just a thought...

I do have a bit of an off question for anyone that is there now, what do the doors look like when it comes to the keys? And is it the traditional key or RFID?

I would say check with the bus drivers and see what they have to say. They seem to know the routes really well!

Could you take the bus to HS and then take the boat over?

Have you thought about getting a cab? I know it's an extra expense, but it would save SO much time! We stayed at AoA last week and we had our own car and the parks all seemed so close - HS is just around the corner and the Epcot resorts are too. I would be surprised if it's more than a couple miles.

Or since HS is so close....could you take a bus there and then a catch Beach Club bus from there? DTD just seems so far out of the way. :confused3

Just a thought...

Thanks for the advice. I will check into these!

How much storage space/drawers are in the room. We're a family of 4 and will be staying in LM section for 8 days. Based on the picture I've seen idk how we'll fit all of our stuffin the room & I don't want to live out of suitcases. Any ideas/tipswill be much appreciated:)

How much storage space/drawers are in the room. We're a family of 4 and will be staying in LM section for 8 days. Based on the picture I've seen idk how we'll fit all of our stuffin the room & I don't want to live out of suitcases. Any ideas/tipswill be much appreciated:)

There's not a lot of space. :sad2: The dresser is divided into 2 halves and one 1/2 is taken up by the fridge. The other 1/2 has 3 drawers, and they're not too big.

Other than that, there is room on the floor between the dresser and the bathroom - probably enough for 2 smaller suitcases. In the bathroom, there is a luggage stand and probably room for one more bag on the floor.

There are 4 of us (kids are 3 and 8) and we found it to be pretty close quarters. The suitcases on the floor were out of the way enough that you didn't feel like they took up space, but if you really plan to unpack completely for your stay, you might have a hard time finding a place for everything.

DMLAINI said:

Not a lot! You have three average sized drawers. I've been following this thread for awhile and got some good tips. What I ended up doing was brining some extra hangers and I bought one of those hanging organizers with six openings at Walmart for $7 dollars that people use for like sweaters etc. it worked out great because there is a high shelf with a rod under it in the sink area to hang it off of and it held a ton of stuff. I made use of the high shelf by folding clothes in several piles and also standing our suitcases up there upright. I hung up just about all the shirts. I used the drawers for all the kiddos clothes since they don't need as much space. I brought a collapsible bin for shoes, and another for the counter to hold loose items in. Also bought an over the door organizer at the dollar store that I put hairbrushes, toiletries etc to reduce clutter. Also I bought a laundry bag at the dollar store that I hung from the high shelf to keep dirty laundry in. After all that we kept one small suitcase on the suitcase rack in the closet area with a few things in it. I should have taken a picture in retrospect! It was pretty impressive. With all the "stuff" organized we were able to keep the sleeping area clean and clutter free!

Has anyone overnighted anything yet to AoA? If so how was it and what address did you use? And how quickly did they let you know you have a package?

kasedroz said:
Has anyone overnighted anything yet to AoA? If so how was it and what address did you use? And how quickly did they let you know you have a package?

Delta broke our booster seat and I had to have a new one shipped when we got there. I just used Amazon's two day shipping and the main address on Animation Way that was on all out paperwork. Sent it addresses to me c/o art of animation. When we got home from the parks it was waiting in our room.

Delta broke our booster seat and I had to have a new one shipped when we got there. I just used Amazon's two day shipping and the main address on Animation Way that was on all out paperwork. Sent it addresses to me c/o art of animation. When we got home from the parks it was waiting in our room.

Great! Thanks! I hate Delta! They broke our jeep stroller last year and we will never fly them again! They overbooked our flight and had to split my husband and my oldest DD up from me and our youngest DD! Then canceled their flight on Sunday til' Tuesday! It was horrible! We are flying South West this year!

Peter Fan said:
We are going in Feb. and I don't know which family suite to choose. What do you think?

We stayed in a LK suite in Sept and enjoyed it but honestly, if I had to choose again I would choose Cars. That area is just really well themed, had a cute pool, and is close to AH and the bus stop. The one thing I didn't enjoy about the LK area was the nightly movie...kept me up a couple nights.

jimandami said:
We stayed in a LK suite in Sept and enjoyed it but honestly, if I had to choose again I would choose Cars. That area is just really well themed, had a cute pool, and is close to AH and the bus stop. The one thing I didn't enjoy about the LK area was the nightly movie...kept me up a couple nights.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter