Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Qmom said:
Here now at building 3 (Luigi and Guido). Way better than I expected, and had planned to get on here to report how thrilled we are with the buses. Then I tried to do a load of laundry and that put a bit of a damper on my gushy happiness! All machines fully loaded at 10:30, with three other happy campers with double loads waiting ahead of me... Not good! Anyway, venting completed, I can gush about the buses. We left MK about an hour before closing and to our dismay, the AoA bus line had overtaken the Caribbean beach queue. I had never before encountered such a thing! Within 7 minutes, 3 buses had arrived. A fourth appeared shortly thereafter and so we went from the end of a very exceptionally long bus ride to on our merry way home within 16 minutes (lots of strollers on the last load of passengers took awhile to load safely with sleepy little ones). Resort is very clean, staff are lovely, and the fridge works. Didn't hear too much corridor noise last night, but we were completely wiped. Also happy to note that they have apparently changed the horrid bedcovers and the bedding is very comfortable! We did buy a balloon today to see if that will keep the AC running all night. Very pleased 2 days in :)

We were very pleased with the buses when we were there last week. Never waited more than 10 min for a bus, it was great

Thanks Qmom and DJWmom for sharing your experiences. It really helps with planning. I was worried about the bus service but it doesn't sound too bad.

64 days and counting.

The beverage station by the pool only has soda and iced tea, not coffee. You will need to go into the food court for that coffee fix! On the plus side, the coffee is better now than it used to be.

I am an early riser and drink soda instead of coffee for my morning fix. So, does anyone know when the pool beverage stand closest to LM section opens in the morning? Is it open only when the pool is open or can you come and go freely?

I also don't know anything about the rapid fill stations. Can someone direct me to a thread/forum where this is discussed.

Thanks for any help! We aren't at WDW until Feb but I like to plan ahead!:happytv:

mdsouth said:
I am an early riser and drink soda instead of coffee for my morning fix. So, does anyone know when the pool beverage stand closest to LM section opens in the morning? Is it open only when the pool is open or can you come and go freely?

I also don't know anything about the rapid fill stations. Can someone direct me to a thread/forum where this is discussed.

Thanks for any help! We aren't at WDW until Feb but I like to plan ahead!:happytv:

The pool beverage station is by the bar at the Nemo pool. It never seemed to "close". It was available even after the bar had closed. The food court opens early in the morning too.

There isn't one near the LM rooms

Do you guys know what kind of iced tea is available at the food court or pool? Is it just a Lipton like kind out of the soda dispenser or is it fresh brewed? My mom is an iced tea addict so she is trying to figure out where she can get her fix :)

Do you guys know what kind of iced tea is available at the food court or pool? Is it just a Lipton like kind out of the soda dispenser or is it fresh brewed? My mom is an iced tea addict so she is trying to figure out where she can get her fix :)

It's brewed Gold Peak (there's like four different types). It was the absolute best things ever, as GP is my crack and I got unlimited refills all week with the DDP mug! Way better than Lipton!

It's brewed Gold Peak (there's like four different types). It was the absolute best things ever, as GP is my crack and I got unlimited refills all week with the DDP mug! Way better than Lipton!

She will be so excited to hear that there's fresh brewed available, thanks! Do you know if it's at the pool bar too, or just in the food court?

Like fivesacharm said-Gold Peak (I only remember a choice of sweet / unsweet when I was there in August, but I only drink unsweetened & may not have noticed other flavors). Definitely way better than any fountain variety of iced tea, but not quite fresh brewed taste to me. Good enough to get me through 10 days @ Disney. I also brought some cold brew so I didn't always have to make it to the dining hall for tea. Besides Lipton's regular cold brew, Twinings makes berry & peach flavored versions that are pretty good. I found the peach flavored for sale in the UK @ Epcot. Also just found it here at home at Big Lots (for a couple $s cheaper than Epcot)!

She will be so excited to hear that there's fresh brewed available, thanks! Do you know if it's at the pool bar too, or just in the food court?

It was at the pool at both resorts we stayed at this past summer, though I can't say for sure in terms of AoA (if there's drink machines available, very likely there will be tea available)

Newbie123 said:

It is available at the pool at AoA :)

Looking at the map it looks to be quite a hike from the little mermaid rooms to the bus pick up area and the main pool. Anybody have any first hand knowledge?

Looking at the map it looks to be quite a hike from the little mermaid rooms to the bus pick up area and the main pool. Anybody have any first hand knowledge?

I saw somewhere where the distance from the LM rooms to the bus stop was a little under a 1/4 mile.

I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!

clouds33 said:
I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!

When making room requests I have found it best to describe what you want. Like close to food court, close to quiet pool, etc. So I would word your request "quiet room location". The room assigners know which rooms will be typically quiet.

You're right. It is quite a hike, especially if you are in building eight. :crazy2:
We walked the distance a few times when we stayed at Pop last month.

That being said, we booked a LM room for next month, so we will be "hiking" back and forth to the bus in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.

clouds33 said:
Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.

That's why I don't like making my requests via online check in. The options are very limited. It's best to call and have your requests added to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter