Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 16-24 for me!

It seem so far away right now and I was just there in April. I stayed offsite at Orange Lake Resort that time but this time I'll be staying at AOA in a LM room.:yay:

Does anyone know if they have any boys Lion King shirts. Size 10ish, not little boys. Thanks. I am hoping since they have a LK section,they may have some merchandise.

We will be there in Sept and DS is a huge Lion King fan, but we are staying in LM.

The girls Ariel shirts are super cute. DD will love them.

Thanks everyone for all of the photos. I cannot wait until September !!!

Do you happen to have any idea about how long it takes to get from AoA to different locations? For example, we have an 8:30am ADR at Kona. Any idea when we would need to leave and how we would need to get there? I believe buses don't go from resort to resort but don't know what the best option would be. TTC? DTD? One of the parks? Thanks!

We have had many an early breakfast as another hotel when we are staying elsewhere and every single time we have gotten on the appropriate bus (MK for Kona) at an appropriate time (I'd plan on being at the bus stop by 7:30am at the latest for Kona) and every single time the bus driver has asked where we (and usually the 3 or 4 other families) were going and dropped us off at that hotel NOT at MK...I know that is not guaranteed but it's pretty good odds since we have been at different times of the year and from different hotels to different hotels.

So I would say be prepared to get their via transfer of some sort (allowing at least an hour) but you just may be plesantly suprised and dropped right at the door of your destination!

:)

Thanks for the thanks, everyone! ;)

I am still at Pop, so if you have particular picture requests for me to get at AoA, I will certainly do my best. I try to check in on the DIS either in the morning or at afternoon break time, just depending on what all is going on. Keep in mind, I am not staying at AoA - not until October, and then in Little Mermaid, not in a suite - so I can't get interior room pictures. Anything around the grounds and in Animation Hall, or any questions you want answered straight from a cast member, I will be glad to try. :thumbsup2

Can you tell us how the unopened sections look? Better if you could get us some pictures from the Little Mermaid, I'm dying to see how advanced they are......
Thanks!!

Does anyone know the dimensions of the safe in the units at AOA? I'll be staying in a LM room and know they aren't open yet for measuring but was thinking that they might all be the same size throughout the location.

I usually take my notebook computer with me and would like to put it in the safe when I'm not in the room.

Speaking of dimensions. Anyone staying in the Finding Nemo room could please give me the dimension of window(s)

We are going the week after thanksgiving and I plan on decorating the windows for Christmas

Be sure to look for us ;-) if your there at same time

We're going in less than 3 weeks. I can hardly wait! We'll have 6 adults in the room, so I'll let folks know how that works out.
Very detailed look at the Nemo suite kitchenette in this Disney Food Blog post.

The reports goes into detail about the size of microwave, fridge, the type of coffee maker and pods used, plastic cutlery in the room, etc.
Thanks for this link. It answered almost every question I had.

Ok...don't hold me to this 100% but what I am hearing is that most of the rooms, regardless of section, will have full length mirrors. The only exception being the accessible rooms.

Everyone neat and pretty?

Ok, this is totally off topic, but does anyone remember when the soaps in all the resorts had that throw-back to the Mickey Mouse Club written on them?
I think I might still have one or two "Everyone neat and pretty?" soaps in my hall closet. I just couldn't bear to use it up.
BTW, Smidgy, make sure that Nebo avoids the shell-on tandoori shrimp. Just sayin'!

Does anyone know if they have any boys Lion King shirts. Size 10ish, not little boys.

I didn't notice specifically, but I will look the next time I walk over there. I think we might be eating breakfast there this morning, actually, but if not, I will go over in the next day or two, for sure.

Can you tell us how the unopened sections look? Better if you could get us some pictures from the Little Mermaid, I'm dying to see how advanced they are......
Thanks!!

You really can't see much. There is a green fence covering just past the Nemo area. You can see Simba, and as of yesterday, a still wrapped Rafiki. From that side, you can't get near the Little Mermaid section. If I get a chance, I will see how close I can get to it on the opposite sidewalk side instead of from the bridge side.

Any more picture/information requests, let me know, and I will try to get it for you.

Just switched from a Nemo suite to a Lion King suite! We decided the LK suites were more our style, with the muted color theme. Hope we didn't make a bad decision!

Hello everyone! I haven't read through everything but I have a question. Are you able to book standard rooms online or are they just all booked already when I try? lol

Hello everyone! I haven't read through everything but I have a question. Are you able to book standard rooms online or are they just all booked already when I try? lol

I was able to book a standard room online for our December trip. When are you going? Maybe all booked or that section not open yet at the time you are going? Best thing you can do is call and ask.

MeMom ~ thank you SO much for the wonderful pictures! I'm SO excited to stay there in December I wish we were there right now! EEeeeekkkkkk!!!!! The resort is beautiful!

I believe that there are alot of dates already booked full for the end of November. My family is traveling during the week leading up to Thanksgiving. There was availbility in LM rooms up until about a week ago online and then now if i enter my dates all that pulls up is family suites. I have a reservation for LM rooms already but i have considered shortening our stay at AOA and spending a few days at another resort so i have been playing around with dates. I will be able to call and shorten my stay if i decide to do so. I believe when promotions get released if they do not offer free dining for AOA - LM rooms, there will be some people that change there ressies and availability in AOA - LM may increase. Then again i could speculate that they could be saving rooms for a future promotion?

I was looking at dates in the beginning of December, and only family suites were available.

Speaking of dimensions. Anyone staying in the Finding Nemo room could please give me the dimension of window(s)
We are going the week after thanksgiving and I plan on decorating the windows for ChristmasBe sure to look for us ;-) if your there at same time

We're going the week after Thanksgiving, too. We'll be in the LM rooms and I'm planning on decorating our windows, but I haven't decided on the decorations yet. It's our first Christmas trip!!!! :santa:

I believe that there are alot of dates already booked full for the end of November. Then again i could speculate that they could be saving rooms for a future promotion?

Oh, I hope so much for FD to the GP for the week after Thanksgiving!

Hello all. I'm new to this thread but I was just able to book AoA with my free dinning pin for Nov. 15-18. I am soooooo excited. We've stayed at Pop a few times and was about to book it and I went to check AoA just for giggles and there was a LM room available. I thought that it didn't open until December so it wasn't even considered and option. This will be out pre cruise stay. I love Pop but I am super excited that we will be going to AoA. It just gives me a reason to do some research:cool1:. I can't wait to see actual pics of the rooms.

I tried to add one night, on Nov. 10, and they are all booked. :sad2: The CM said to keep trying because things change all the time, but wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter