Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
When originally released AoA was $10-20 higher, but they changed them to be equal shortly after. POP has more room category choices, so that is why I said "similarly".:goodvibes

I was agreeing with you by posting my experience ;) I never even checked prices until April so I never saw a price difference.

I think the Cars area surprises me the most (well, so far!) The Finding Nemo section is gorgeous, but there was so much from that movie to work with. The Little Mermaid and Lion King concept art look impressive. I'm not a fan of Cars, but I just can't get over how beautiful they made it!
I'm most looking forward to seeing the Lion King area completed. A whole section with no pool, I can't wait to see what they do with that!

Does AoA have movies by the pool at night? Or do you think it will once it is fully opened in September?

Also- what time are movies typically shown in December?

I think my kids would love to do this one night. Thanks! :goodvibes

What I don't understand, though, is why people continue to refer to this as a "value" resort? Spending $320 a night is not a value, in my opinion. I get that it's a suite, but if I'm going to spend $320 a night, I'll stay at a deluxe resort.

Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

This was addressed above but I wanted to add my commentary.

It's referred to as a Value resort because that is the way Disney is organizing it and marketing it. I heard on the DIS Unplugged podcast that internally Disney is referring to AoA as Value Plus, but I have yet to see anything official on that point.

On the actual pricing, I feel the same way as you. I am not interested in spending $200-300 a night. But you are paying for a larger room that accommodates up to 6 people, and at least right now, Disney thinks the market can bear this level of pricing.

In order to stay at AoA in the future I plan to stay in a regular room in the Little Mermaid section. For me and what I want to pay, my party is not big enough to warrant paying for a suite. And if I did want to pay more for a room, I too would look at staying at a Deluxe resort at that price level.

I've never heard of this drink, but I'd love to try it. Where do they have this in WDW? Thanks.

It's Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade. I have seen it at restaurants such as Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. For refillable mugs, I have seen it at the Polynesian and I think the Contemporary. It may also be at Port Orleans French Quarter.

When originally released AoA was $10-20 higher, but they changed them to be equal shortly after. POP has more room category choices, so that is why I said "similarly".:goodvibes

So, if I booked before the price went down, will they fix it for me, or am I stuck paying the extra moolah I booked with?

This was addressed above but I wanted to add my commentary.

It's referred to as a Value resort because that is the way Disney is organizing it and marketing it. I heard on the DIS Unplugged podcast that internally Disney is referring to AoA as Value Plus, but I have yet to see anything official on that point.

On the actual pricing, I feel the same way as you. I am not interested in spending $200-300 a night. But you are paying for a larger room that accommodates up to 6 people, and at least right now, Disney thinks the market can bear this level of pricing.

In order to stay at AoA in the future I plan to stay in a regular room in the Little Mermaid section. For me and what I want to pay, my party is not big enough to warrant paying for a suite. And if I did want to pay more for a room, I too would look at staying at a Deluxe resort at that price level.

It's Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade. I have seen it at restaurants such as Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. For refillable mugs, I have seen it at the Polynesian and I think the Contemporary. It may also be at Port Orleans French Quarter.

The price of the suites shouldn't be too confusing as like you said they are for more people. The people that say they will look at a deluxe are mixing apples with oranges. If a group of 6 look at a deluxe, it would either be a 2 BR villa (chaching) or two deluxe rooms (chaching again). AOA and allstar suites are indeed value when compared to either one of those options.

A normal group of 2 to 4 would be looking at LM (around a hundred) or one deluxe room (around 3 hundred).

I am not interested in spending $200-300 a night. But you are paying for a larger room that accommodates up to 6 people, and at least right now, Disney thinks the market can bear this level of pricing.

I have to smile a little at this because DH and I stay in the villa resorts, usually a 1bd, when we saw the $265 a night we both jumped up and down. What a deal!!

We are booked for Oct and super excited to see the new resort. We'll see how it works for us Im very optomistic

I just checked and the rooms at Pop are $5 less per night than the LM room I have booked for Oct. $5 isn't a big deal, but it made me :confused3

When pricing out things. The delux resorts are still about $100 more total and that is for the most basic room. Now I sure would rather be staying at AOA than a basic room at a delux, but that is just me. AOA seems amazing to me. I mean I think it is so cool that we are going to Disney World and get to stay at a resort that feels like we are at Disney World. Also we are only a family of three, but the hubby really wants our own room so we can have alone time :). And the two bathrooms along with two showers will make things much easier in the morning. I think it is great for the price :flower3:

we just booked a LM room for april 17, 2013, for 6 nights. the rack rate was $127 for weekday and $151 for weekend!!!:eek: (hubby doesn't remember right now if that is with or without tax)
he asked for AAA discount, and they don't have those yet for 2013. I'm assuming he can at least add that,once they come out, but we wanted to get our reservation in.

but here's hoping for a room only code!

we just booked a LM room for april 17, 2013, for 6 nights. the rack rate was $127 for weekday and $151 for weekend!!!:eek: (hubby doesn't remember right now if that is with or without tax)
he asked for AAA discount, and they don't have those yet for 2013. I'm assuming he can at least add that,once they come out, but we wanted to get our reservation in.

but here's hoping for a room only code!

Thats gotta be before tax for April...I could look, but I am too lazy right now. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter