• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one

c0550016.jpg

Looks awesome!! I LOVE the night pics!!!

I added an area request to our little mermaid room reservation - requested building 7, upper level, facing the lake! Looks like a great location! It doesn't look as far away from the main building as I thought it was!

darn. now you're making me wish I'd requested 7 to face the lake instead of 9 to be closer to the buses, lol.

Looks awesome!! I LOVE the night pics!!!

I added an area request to our little mermaid room reservation - requested building 7, upper level, facing the lake! Looks like a great location! It doesn't look as far away from the main building as I thought it was!

I think Building 7, Upper Level, facing the lake, will be the mantra of all LM guests.:rotfl:
I would also accept Building 8, Upper Level, facing the lake!:rotfl2:

I'm staying at AOA on the 27th for 5 nights!!!

For those who have been..
#1 Are there towels at the pool? I know at the other Values they don't offer pool towels. When I did the CM preview it looked like there was a towel bin but I wasn't sure as we weren't allowed in the pool area.

#2 Do they sell pre-made cakes in the food court like Pop offers (although I was there last night and didn't see any pre-made cakes in the cooler).

Thanks in Advance!!!

They don't have view rooms at Values only preferred or standard.

actually, pop century has pool view rooms, which are extra. no lake view rooms though. that is just a request and cost the same as any other.

prefeered at pop are extra, too. so a pool view, preferred would cost even more.

LOVE reviews from Josh. He cracks me up.
I'm a little concerned about the food court from that review to be honest. Most of what he had concerns over were things that I had wondered about. We'll be there for free dining when all three family suite sections are open. If they're having trouble keeping up with orders in a timely manner at 25% capacity it does not bode well for weeks when they are almost full:scared:

We can only wait and see what changes they implement to get things moving along during the busier times. I really appreciate the new menu and the changes they've made. I just don't know how functional it's all going to be. Pure speculation at this point I suppose.

Sorry if this has been asked already, it's a lot to read through.

Does anyone know if there is any chance the Lion King section might open a bit early?

We'll be in WDW from July 27 -Aug. 4. We are supposed to be driving home on the 4th. I have promised my kids we can end the trip by checking out AOA in person, and maybe having lunch there before we hit the road. I'm really thinking about "splurging" for the night as a surprise, but I know my son really wants to stay in the Lion King section. Looks like the scheduled opening of that section is Aug. 10, less than a week after we leave. Has anyone heard any rumors of early openings????? Thanks so much!

I just wanted to report that while we were there the pool gates were not locked. But all entries did have the capability of being locked. I bet they will start doing it once the resort becomes more full.

And also you had to take towels from your room. You could leave them in the bin at the pool but you had to take them with you. I just took our towels and called for housekeeping to bring more and by the time we got back they were laying on our bed.

We totally loved the resort and can't wait to go back!! I think it will be our new "home".

Is there iced tea, lemonade or fruit punch at the drink stations?

In addition to the lemonade shown in the photo above, there is a separate Gold Peak iced tea dispenser with sweetened, unsweetened, green tea, and white tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter