Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the coffee makers come in the regular rooms?

I chatted with a CM online about some AoA questions I had back in April. She told me that the LM rooms do not have coffee makers. I am actually going to order a cheap one for $15 from Amazon (that makes the coffee into a mug so there is no pot). I can't imagine DH wanting to walk to the main area every time he wants coffee in the AM.

ETA: However, the CM might be wrong because she gave me inaccurate info. about something else, so she might be wrong about the coffee makers as well.

Very detailed look at the Nemo suite kitchenette in this Disney Food Blog post.

The reports goes into detail about the size of microwave, fridge, the type of coffee maker and pods used, plastic cutlery in the room, etc.

Thanks for posting this! I'm glad the mini-fridge has that little freezer section. It looks like it would fit some small icepacks which will be very helpful.

I chatted with a CM online about some AoA questions I had back in April. She told me that the LM rooms do not have coffee makers. I am actually going to order a cheap one for $15 from Amazon (that makes the coffee into a mug so there is no pot). I can't imagine DH wanting to walk to the main area every time he wants coffee in the AM.

ETA: However, the CM might be wrong because she gave me inaccurate info. about something else, so she might be wrong about the coffee makers as well.

Thank you! We've only stayed in a value once and moderates all the other times so I couldn't remember if coffee makers came in the value rooms. I hope it does because it would be quite a pain to walk from the LM rooms that are all the way across the resort to the main part to get tea in the morning. I suppose we will have to walk all that way to get to the buses anyways though. :rolleyes:

Thank you! We've only stayed in a value once and moderates all the other times so I couldn't remember if coffee makers came in the value rooms. I hope it does because it would be quite a pain to walk from the LM rooms that are all the way across the resort to the main part to get tea in the morning. I suppose we will have to walk all that way to get to the buses anyways though. :rolleyes:

I hope it has one too, so I am going to wait until they open up before actually buying one.

Yes, I need to know this too. I am hoping there is a mirror on the door.

Good question I just looked at the room again and I can't tell . I did notice they have a curtain to separate the sink area from the sleeping area.

None of the photos I've seen of the LM rooms have a view of that angle just yet, so I'm thinking we won't know until it gets closer to the opening date of that section.
Thanks guys :thumbsup2

We will just have to wait and hope there is a mirror on the door! It sure would make getting ready a little easier! :laughing:

Thanks
Heather

Very detailed look at the Nemo suite kitchenette in this Disney Food Blog post.

The reports goes into detail about the size of microwave, fridge, the type of coffee maker and pods used, plastic cutlery in the room, etc.

I was so happy to read that review. Some people might want to hear about pools and playgrounds. I want to know about plates and bowls! :rotfl: It's the little things in life... ;)

I wonder if the plastic wear, bowls, and paper towels are refilled if you run out by mousekeeping?

Thanks guys :thumbsup2

We will just have to wait and hope there is a mirror on the door! It sure would make getting ready a little easier! :laughing:

Thanks
Heather

Ok...don't hold me to this 100% but what I am hearing is that most of the rooms, regardless of section, will have full length mirrors. The only exception being the accessible rooms.

Everyone neat and pretty?

Ok, this is totally off topic, but does anyone remember when the soaps in all the resorts had that throw-back to the Mickey Mouse Club written on them?

Maybe someone already posted this - I don't want to read through 195 pages to see - but my mom and I noticed something from watching videos of AoA on YouTube. The entrances to the rooms are very hotel-like. Unlike the other values, you enter the rooms inside and not outside. I like that better.

And is anyone staying at AoA during November? I will be staying the 26-28th in the Little Mermaid rooms. I am very excited to stay here and I was just wondering if anyone else will be there at that time.

We will be in a Little Mermaid room 11/22 - 12/2. Can't wait to go.

We'll be in the LM section the week after Thanksgiving! :yay: It looks like we'll have a nice 'Dis' group going. Are you guys going to decorate your windows? We've never done that before, but this is our first Christmas trip and I think it would be fun.

We will be decorating our window. We haven't decided with what yet, but DD is turning 8 two days before we arrive. It will either be birthday or christmas or a mixture.

Does anyone know if all of the rooms (suites and LM rooms) have refrigerators? I know that previously at Value resorts, it was $10 a day to "rent" a fridge. I thought I read somewhere that all of the Value resorts now have fridges (at no extra cost).

Does anyone know if all of the rooms (suites and LM rooms) have refrigerators? I know that previously at Value resorts, it was $10 a day to "rent" a fridge. I thought I read somewhere that all of the Value resorts now have fridges (at no extra cost).

Yes, all of the value resorts are getting fridges this year.

Ok...don't hold me to this 100% but what I am hearing is that most of the rooms, regardless of section, will have full length mirrors. The only exception being the accessible rooms.

Everyone neat and pretty?

Ok, this is totally off topic, but does anyone remember when the soaps in all the resorts had that throw-back to the Mickey Mouse Club written on them?

I promise, I won't hold you to it! ;)

Thanks,
Heather

We are a family of 4 so don't need a suite. But they do look so cute! I'm having such a hard time deciding on whether its worth the extra $1000 to do a suite than the standard room. Also with discounts is it resort wide or will things like free dining only be applied to the standard rooms and not suites like other resorts?

One year from today, unless something happens to change our plans, we'll be checking into AoA. I cannot wait! Love the Cars photos, but since we are a family of 4 with limited money I'm waiting to see the LM pics!

I wonder if the plastic wear, bowls, and paper towels are refilled if you run out by mousekeeping?

I would think so...and if not, I'm sure you could always ask for more. I have no experience with AoA just yet, but we've stayed in DVC Studios and it is a similar set up and we have always had our stock replenished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter