• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not particularly excited about the non-traditional options either. To be honest, I wonder how those counters will do, but obviously some people are excited about these options. I have never had Mongolian food. I don't even know what tandori is....:rotfl:

At home we eat healthy and clean - lots of lean protein and fruits and veggies. On vacation we do tend to eat more "junk" but that's part of the fun of vacation to me. :goodvibes

I'm sure we can find some things we do like though. We usually just eat breakfast at the resort.

To be honest, I wonder how those counters will do, but obviously some people are excited about these options.

I have seen a lot of posts looking for QSDP menus that have something besides the standard fare, so I think they will do well. If we are on the QSDP I would much rather have something besides the chicken nugget/bacon burger/chili dog w/chips / chocolate cake/carrot cake meal at my resort. If i want that meal I can find it in any park and other resorts.

I have seen a lot of posts looking for QSDP menus that have something besides the standard fare, so I think they will do well. If we are on the QSDP I would much rather have something besides the chicken nugget/bacon burger/chili dog w/chips / chocolate cake/carrot cake meal at my resort. If i want that meal I can find it in any park and other resorts.
I hate the chocolate and carrot cakes that come with CS meals at most restaurants! I specifically try to eat at restaurants with different options.

I agree that people want something different but I'm not sure how exotic the typical visitor is in their eating. On our last trip with the QSDP I loved the make your own salad station at POR food court, the sandwiches at Columbia Harbor House and all the great choices at Epcot. I didn't eat any burgers or pizza at all. Different than standard is good, but I'm not sure about the International choices. I am actually really curious. I am open to trying some new things - I guess we'll see how it all goes. :goodvibes

Probably not the right place, but I'll ask anyway since so many of you seem to know a lot about the QSDP...

1) I assume that when I check in we will get our room keys, with our park tickets and dining credits on the cards. How do I get our refillable mugs? Do we just put them on the tray the first time we use the food court?

2) The desserts I see on the disney food blog menu look delicious! Is it likely those desserts will be available as desserts on the QSDP with a meal, or would they be considered snacks?

3) When I'm at a counter service place in general, how can I tell what dessert is available as a dessert, and what counts as a snack? Is there an easy way?

I am sorry to be so dense, I just don't want to be one of those people others complain about who don't know what they're doing and slow down the lines.

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

does anyone know what the square footage is on the suites? Just curious.:goodvibes

We received a PIN offer on Friday via email. It is for 10% off room only during the month of December. We have a ressie booked at AoA for December 8-15 and I was just told that AoA is the only resort not included in the PIN we were given. (which I expected based on what I have read here so far)

We are going to stick with AoA because our kids would love it.......but boy o'boy how I would love to see Free Dining !!!!!!!!

Probably not the right place, but I'll ask anyway since so many of you seem to know a lot about the QSDP...

1) I assume that when I check in we will get our room keys, with our park tickets and dining credits on the cards. How do I get our refillable mugs? Do we just put them on the tray the first time we use the food court?

2) The desserts I see on the disney food blog menu look delicious! Is it likely those desserts will be available as desserts on the QSDP with a meal, or would they be considered snacks?

3) When I'm at a counter service place in general, how can I tell what dessert is available as a dessert, and what counts as a snack? Is there an easy way?

I am sorry to be so dense, I just don't want to be one of those people others complain about who don't know what they're doing and slow down the lines.

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow
Let's see if I can help.

1) You can get your mugs whenever you want after getting your KTTW cards. They have plastic yellow lock tab things on them that the CM will cut off for you after they're "paid" for.

2) I think they'll be included as desserts for the CS meals. I've been able to get a lot of different items for dessert at CS locations, actual desserts from the dessert section or grab and go stations, cups of fruit, or bottles of water.

3) There is usually a DDP symbol next to snack items on CS menus. It's a little purple and white box, (it'll be obvious when you see one.) The desserts options are varied, and like I said, you usually don't have to get an actual dessert, and most places will allow you fruit or water. (And unless I'm somewhere that I know I like the desserts, I usually go for the water.)

i'm cool with exotic food being offered, as long as they still have the standard fare - burgers, sandwiches, etc. I was surprised to see the Mongolian food on the menu...... I don't even know what it is, I don't think I've ever heard of it before. :confused3 I certainly have never seen a Mongolian restaurant, lol.

I'm not particularly excited about the non-traditional options either. To be honest, I wonder how those counters will do, but obviously some people are excited about these options. I have never had Mongolian food. I don't even know what tandori is....:rotfl:
I'm pretty sure the "Mongolian" area is just a grill for Asian stir fries and then some other items. There's nothing that should be unusual about the flavors, I believe. A tandoor is an oven with a fire inside, but I'm not sure if the proteins will have Indian spices or not. Also, I'm not sure how LOF's naan will taste but it's absolutely one of my favorite breads!

I think variety is great, as long as everyone is pretty pleased. People should still be able to get their typical fast food fare, but the international offerings, despite probably not being as popular as pizza and burgers (what is?), honestly makes me take AOA/LOF more seriously. I didn't have any plans to visit LOF for an actual meal until I saw the menu offerings. :) I am notorious for eating a lot of mac 'n cheese and food like that, but I still like me some ethnic food! Maybe it's because I'm from Chicago and I tried a lot of different things when I was young. It can be intimidating for those unfamiliar but almost always delicious.

i'm cool with exotic food being offered, as long as they still have the standard fare - burgers, sandwiches, etc. I was surprised to see the Mongolian food on the menu...... I don't even know what it is, I don't think I've ever heard of it before. :confused3 I certainly have never seen a Mongolian restaurant, lol.

Mongolia is a land-locked country that borders China and has often historically been under Chinese rule - Mongols are one of the recognized groups of people who make up the People's Republic of China. I imagine "Mongolian" food on the menu will just be a more exotic way to say "Chinese Food" or Asian food in general.

Perhaps the burger station will be called "Midwest Munchies". ;)

:hippie:

In my experience, a mongolian girll is essentially a stir fry station. Many of our chineese restaurants offer this as an option. You pick your meat, veggies, sauce, ect from what they have at the grill, and they stir fry it for you right at the grill station.

If they had my ex-MIL's Mongolian Beef recipe (she's from Korea), I would eat that at least once a day. :)

I think it's nice they will have a variety beyond traditional counter service items.

:confused3Does anybody know for sure that AOA will have their own buses. Somebody is posting on the Pop thread that they heard they were sharing with Pop. Please tell me this isn't the case!!!!

Edited: Somebody on the Pop thread called and was told NO they aren't sharing buses. Now they're debating because you can't really trust anything the CMs say. Does anybody know if they are sharing buses or if they will have their own buses?

I posted my thoughts over on the Pop thread too. I think we need to use some logic that sharing/non-sharing will all depend on whether it's busy or not.

My example is that during busy mornings there's no way an AoA park bus can be shared if that bus fills up as soon as it arrives. But if you use a bus during the middle of the afternoon to head back to AoA, perhaps they will use a route that services both AoA and Pop.

In another comparison there's this "common knowledge" that the All Star resorts share buses...indeed they can, if it's not that busy. But same thing -- if a bus to MK fills up, it will leave All Star Sports and head to MK. It's not going to stop at All Star Movies and Music if it's already full.

In my experience, a mongolian girll is essentially a stir fry station. Many of our chineese restaurants offer this as an option. You pick your meat, veggies, sauce, ect from what they have at the grill, and they stir fry it for you right at the grill station.

Exactly! It's what you find at Chinese restaurants, it is also quite popular on many cruise ships. (YUMMMMMMMM!)

Were all ready everything is in place we got our MNSSHP tickets today:woohoo: . I had to call still can't get them on line but the last peace of our trip is in place. :banana:

Did you get your confirmation email for MNSSHP yet? I called but was walking to work and didn't have a pen to write mine down...! :scared1:

Thanks for the clarification on "Mongolian". My family loves stir fry so that sounds great! :goodvibes

FWIW, I would totally eat at a restaurant called "Midwest Munchies". :rotfl: I miss Chicago food! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter