• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks; that's what I thought. In looking at the buildings all I could see were windows, no doors or walkways. Appreciate you confirming for me!

so if these are not sister resorts - then the wall on the bridge will not come down?

that would stop most of the Pop guests from visiting Aoa.

well not much longer - then we will all see - if they are sister resorts and if they will share a bus.

really hope they don't share. one of the best things about Pop - it did not share buses with any thing else.

so if these are not sister resorts - then the wall on the bridge will not come down?

that would stop most of the Pop guests from visiting Aoa.

well not much longer - then we will all see - if they are sister resorts and if they will share a bus.

really hope they don't share. one of the best things about Pop - it did not share buses with any thing else.

The Mom's Panel on the Disney site said that the AoA and POP will not share buses. Do they usually put correct information on there? I'd assumed so, as that is the official Disney site.

The wall is an absolute eyesore. I cannot imagine them leaving what they have there if the plan is to block one resort from another. The beauty of the bridge is gone if they are leaving it blocked off.
You can visit any resort by taking a bus to it. What is the difference here?

That wall will definetely be coming down, the question is will they leave the bridge open or replace it with a railing. For the first year or so the AoA, is going to be like a new chocolate bar in a candy store, but eventually everyone returns to their old favorites. Similarily here lots may use it once but most will return to their usual choice. When it first opens everyone will flock to it, so I can see why Disney may want to limit the flow of people coming from Pop, but eventually, that flow of people coming to take alook will be a major selling point, they would be foolish to make it difficult for people to get over. As far as the pool is concerned, well Disney has that rule about resort hoping, but the restaurants might be a different thing. Lets not forget that some AoA visitors might get a craving for Tie Dye Cheesecake too.

Could it be possible that the fence around the pool is just for safety? It will allow controlled access, and perhaps stop a small child from wandering into the pool area unattended.

My guess is that the bridge will be open so guests can go look at the other resort and eat in the restaurant. I think since POP and AoA are not sister resorts that share a theme (All Stars, Port Orleans), that pool hopping privileges aren't a given. Can Pop guests swim at the All Stars, and vice versa?

My guess is that the bridge will be open so guests can go look at the other resort and eat in the restaurant. I think since POP and AoA are not sister resorts that share a theme (All Stars, Port Orleans), that pool hopping privileges aren't a given. Can Pop guests swim at the All Stars, and vice versa?

Hi,
I don't believe Pop guests will be allowed to swim at the AS resorts. And vice versa. Guests from the different AS resorts are allowed to swim at any of the AS pools though. This is what I remember from my visits to WDW.

The Mom's Panel on the Disney site said that the AoA and POP will not share buses. Do they usually put correct information on there? I'd assumed so, as that is the official Disney site.

Actually Disney does not check the site for accuracy and often it has wrong information.

Denise in MI

Here's the kinds of things I think you can expect regarding sharing of buses:

1. Pop and AOA will each have their own bus stop area.

2. At 8am or 9am in the morning, your full standing-room only bus to MK won't be making a stop at AOA, and vice versa.

3. At 2pm when you decide to return to your resort for a break, your bus may make a stop at both Pop and AOA. Or maybe it won't. Depends on what they decide is best for routing.

Here's the kinds of things I think you can expect regarding sharing of buses:

1. Pop and AOA will each have their own bus stop area.

2. At 8am or 9am in the morning, your full standing-room only bus to MK won't be making a stop at AOA, and vice versa.

3. At 2pm when you decide to return to your resort for a break, your bus may make a stop at both Pop and AOA. Or maybe it won't. Depends on what they decide is best for routing.

this I definitely agree with.

the last decision is made by the manager and the transportation board (I think it is called)

if a bus is needed elsewhere for a convention or sports thing - believe me Pop and AoA will share.

disney has a limited number of buses and worst a limited number of drivers at any one time.

if the need is greater elsewhere - the bus will be rerouted to the area where Disney can use it the best.

have not heard of Disney buying a bunch of new buses - did when BLT and AKV went online. So hoping to heard shortly about new buses for AoA.

The Disney "Moms" Panel does not, by any means, always have correct info. There was a long running thead on the Themeparks boards a while back that had all the incorrect info people had been given by the "Moms" panel. I'm not saying the info is right or not, but Disney hasn't released anything official about buses or pool sharing or anything else that pertains to AOA and Pop being housed next door to each other.

the last decision is made by the manager and the transportation board (I think it is called)

if a bus is needed elsewhere for a convention or sports thing - believe me Pop and AoA will share.

disney has a limited number of buses and worst a limited number of drivers at any one time.

if the need is greater elsewhere - the bus will be rerouted to the area where Disney can use it the best.

have not heard of Disney buying a bunch of new buses - did when BLT and AKV went online. So hoping to heard shortly about new buses for AoA.
I agree with this. I think they will share "as needed." Same thing with the All-Star resorts. I see people posting on here all the time that they don't want to stay at the All-Stars because they "share" buses. But, really, it's just during certain times and seasons. We have, literally, taken the All-Star Movies bus to and from the parks, hundreds of times and have only "shared" the bus a very few times - maybe once or twice during an entire week's stay. We have been there during very low crowd seasons and never shared a bus at all.

Riverside and the French Quarter share pool privileges so I am guessing that Pop and AoA will too :goodvibes

Got a Pin so excited and then read the small print, excludes art of animation. Looks like it won't happen for us this year.

Right now were booked for it. And I am so excited. I'm trying to get my dad to come with us and if he doesn't we're going to have to switch resorts.

We are planning a trip Feb. 2013 and would love to stay at AoA because my Mother In Law is coming with us and the boys would love the Cars room, but if FD is not offered for this resort, I can't justify staying there and then paying for the DP. I guess I have to wait until August to see if it is excluded!

Looking to book there in October to celebrate with my sis, her daughter & a friend - the end of my cancer treatment. I keep haunting all the boards & reading everyone's opinions. I detest POP so I'm really hoping that they don't allow pool hopping between the resorts. It's totally different with the AllStar resorts. Can't wait to stay in one of the suites - we looked at them when they first went into Music & really enjoyed the look & feel of them. Now I'm just counting down the days!! :cool1::thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter