• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know yet wether the Ariel rooms would be excluded from FD if it were offered after they open??
From what I read new resorts are usually excluded/blacked out for discounts for the first year or so they are open. Apparently, since they are new, they do not need to offer discounts to fill the rooms.

We would have liked to have stayed at AOA this year, but since it has been blacked out for all email pin codes and free dining discounts so far this year, I'm no longer holding my breath for a FD offer in December for AOA. There is NO WAY I am paying rack rates to stay at AOA. But, that's okay, we will just stay there next year :-)

Not related to FD, but I was able to use the spring room only discount when booking my AoA stay from May 31-June 3. That being said it was only a 5% discount, but it is $ saved nonetheless. :thumbsup2

What a bummer about no discounts. I booked the nemo suites for Dec, but was hoping for free dining too.

We've decided that without free dining, we'll just stay at POR. I've never been there either so I'm excited about it. We will have lots of opportunities to stay at AOA in the future, hopefully. It will be better for us to save the money this trip since it would be such a huge difference with paying OOP for DDP.

430582_10150566640940095_367450055094_9357355_1983985729_n.jpg

Yay!!! Love the picture...can't wait to see it in person! Anyone else going on opening day?? :yay: We're doing a split stay with POR before and then AoA!

you would never have to walk across the bridge to get to the buses - even when resorts share they each have their own bus stop. with the size of AOA it might have more than one bus stop.

AOA is basically the same size as Pop Century. Not going too far out on a limb to state that AOA will have one bus stop area like Pop does.

It looks like there's fencing around the Finding Nemo pool. Do you think that's permanent?

Total guess/speculation but from examining the recent aerial photos I see a gate and what may be detailing on the fence. Plus the fence appears to follow the path of the landscaping. So it might be a permanent fence vs. a construction wall.

Here's the photos on Orlando Attractions magazine:
http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...-progress-of-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

I took another look at this photo from Orlando Attractions.

Stepping out onto a limb, seems sturdy -- that's a permanent fence.

What I see is fairly ornate and it has theming details on the gate:

nemo-ray.jpg

I suspect that fence has a very practical purpose that might not have been thought of by the creative types who did the original concept art - to prevent the Nemo pool and splash pad from being an over-crowded free-for-all of pool hoppers walking over from Pop. Considering the price difference and limited standard room availability at AoA and the easy walk between the two resorts, you know there would be people booking Pop but planning on enjoying that unique-among-value-resorts feature pool. A fence allows Disney to use a key-check/wristband system to prevent that, the same way they do at Stormalong Bay.

I suspect that fence has a very practical purpose that might not have been thought of by the creative types who did the original concept art - to prevent the Nemo pool and splash pad from being an over-crowded free-for-all of pool hoppers walking over from Pop. Considering the price difference and limited standard room availability at AoA and the easy walk between the two resorts, you know there would be people booking Pop but planning on enjoying that unique-among-value-resorts feature pool. A fence allows Disney to use a key-check/wristband system to prevent that, the same way they do at Stormalong Bay.
I haven't been following the AoA info very closely... What's better about the Nemo pool, than Pop's main pool?

I haven't been following the AoA info very closely... What's better about the Nemo pool, than Pop's main pool?

It is zero entry and will have a splash pad. With the Goofy jets completely removed at Pop with no replacement planned, I think the splash pad will likely be a big draw for potential pool-hoppers.

But IF Pop and AoA are "sister resorts" like BC/YC and POFQ/POR and All-Stars, then pool hopping from Pop to AoA would be allowed.

Any other ideas on the reason for fencing...?
Maybe so that people dont cut through pool area with strollers ect heading from park back to room, or with luggage upon arrival/departure to wdw...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter