Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooh!! GREAT question!!! since the price of the suties are so much more than the typical value room prices.

hhmm.. how about the AsMus suites right now? what do they get with the free dining? never bothered to check it out.

Thanks..I figured it would be a stupid question and I have looked around and not really found a real answer. I would figure there is someone out there that has had the experience.

oooh!! GREAT question!!! since the price of the suties are so much more than the typical value room prices.

hhmm.. how about the AsMus suites right now? what do they get with the free dining? never bothered to check it out.
The All-Star Music Suites are at a value resort and so they get the Quick Service Dining Plan with a free dining offer. If AOA is included in the free dining offer, it is also a value category resort, so I would assume they would also get the quick service DDP with a FD offer.

I do know that when they opened, for at least the first year, the All-Star Family Suites they were excluded from FD promos/discounts.

The All-Star Music Suites are at a value resort and so they get the Quick Service Dining Plan with a free dining offer. If AOA is included in the free dining offer, it is also a value category resort, so I would assume they would also get the quick service DDP with a FD offer.

I do know that when they opened, for at least the first year, the All-Star Family Suites they were excluded from FD promos/discounts.

Well with that said I might as well not spend so much staying at the suites and stay at Riverside and take an air mattress instead...its a lot cheaper and I could get free dining. Seems like WDW is only cheating themselves....for not providing it with the suites. just my opinion.

I agree, eeyorefamily.. I think if you pay for a suite, it should be the same as paying for a room at a moderate resort, and you should get the regular dining plan.

I'm glad I popped in on this thread again! I have been wondering if the Little Mermaid rooms would be more expensive than POP and now that I found a date to start book, I checked it out. I priced out 2 weeks starting Dec 31st for both, and LM was only $75 more. (or even if I choose preferred rooms at POP).

Great news if we end up needing 2 rooms in 2013. AoA for sure! Unless the FD offer does not extend to AoA. That would be the deal breaker for us.

I agree, eeyorefamily.. I think if you pay for a suite, it should be the same as paying for a room at a moderate resort, and you should get the regular dining plan.

FD in itself is offered to fill rooms which it does that being said it is the best value for many families especially when staying value or moderate but in regards to family suites it has nothing to do with the rate for a room, it has to do with catagory, if Disney were to offer the regular FD at all the value suites that sleep up to six that would severly cut into their profites, so only QS is offered.

We are seeing with the new pin numbers being sent out only QS is being offered at the mods.

Also by that logic the DxDP should be offered at the Dxluxe and Villa as those rack rates are much higher.

The cabins at Ft Wilderness are usually included in FD , sleep six and do qualify for DDP instead of QS. You might also want to consider them if you have a larger family.

Another option if you only have 5 in your family would be to check the cost at the Epcot resorts, I was doing a lil price comparison at AOA and BW and found that BWI Std room can run as little as only $6 more than a suite at AOA.

Just something to think about for FD purposes since a Dxluxe gets the reg dining package not QS.

I haven't had time to read through all of this thread, so I am sorry if this has already been asked.. But with the new suites I thought I read somewhere there will be 1queen bed and 3doubles... So has the max occupancy increased? Or is it still 6... Thanks!

I haven't had time to read through all of this thread, so I am sorry if this has already been asked.. But with the new suites I thought I read somewhere there will be 1queen bed and 3doubles... So has the max occupancy increased? Or is it still 6... Thanks!
Only six beds.
One pullout couch, one Innova Bed (Murphy Bed at the dining table), and a queen in the bedroom.

I'm not willing to jump ship in order to get free dining. We have the deluxe dining plan booked.

If we get the pin, we'll just upgrade from the awful QS plan to the deluxe. A discounted meal plan and discounted passes (Y.E.S.) works for us.

Pins are popping up right now.
EDIT...WAIT!!!!!. I got the wrong info. AOA is NOT included, nor the campsites.

Do you mean with the dining not included, or no pins for AoA period? I'm looking for a room only.

Do you mean with the dining not included, or no pins for AoA period? I'm looking for a room only.

Sorry, there is a lot of chatter going on between agents on 2 sites, so I'm trying to keep up with it all. Free dining pins have been emailed out (sounds like last night or this morning) and it is for dates in March-thru May, but some are saying they have some June dates too...not for sure on that one yet, but a couple agents have called and at this point free dining is not included for AOA. BUT if the offer ends on May 31st, like most are reporting, AOA opens that day, so it just might not be included in that offer. I guess we just wait and see what happens with the summer offers...if any. Of course if AOA is filling up, then they have no need to offer any offers.

The email I got for free dining offered only QSDP for Value and Mod, and DDP for Deluxe and Villas.

Does everyone get similar offers, or do some get DDP and others QSDP for moderates?

The email I got for free dining offered only QSDP for Value and Mod, and DDP for Deluxe and Villas.

Does everyone get similar offers, or do some get DDP and others QSDP for moderates?
No, everyone does not get email pin code discount offers. Email pin code offers are random, name-specific and non-transferrable. Also, there have been previous pin code offers shared here on The Dis before that offered the quick service plan for all levels of resort - value, moderate and even deluxe. Email pin code discounts that are sent out to individuals rarely translate to any correlating general public discounts.

Where are we to sign up for these emails...and where is the best place to "find out" about deals, other than checking the Disney website EVERYDAY!!!

We are planning to go to the AOA at the end of August beginning of Sept. I am REALLY hoping for FD...

Where are we to sign up for these emails...and where is the best place to "find out" about deals, other than checking the Disney website EVERYDAY!!!

We are planning to go to the AOA at the end of August beginning of Sept. I am REALLY hoping for FD...
You can go to the Codes & Rates subsection of the Resorts Board and subscribe to any one of the many Free Dining or Fall discount threads.

As far as getting an email pin code, it's very random. There are at least a couple of hundred people here on The DIS and only a very small percentage of people get these codes. The best thing you can do is make sure you are registered on any and all Disney websites and you can periodically order a WDW planning DVD. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

Disney has offered a late summer/early fall free dining offer for the last 8 years, I am very interested to see if the new AOA resort is included in the FD offers that should be coming out this spring.

I don't know if I should post this here...I am still muddling my way through these forums and don't quite understand how they all work. LOTS OF INFO!!!

I do have a question and can not seem to find what I am looking for. When I search - the results are not answering my question.

I have been planning to stay at AOA - but have heard a lot about Club Level resorts... Do you know anything about it? I am wondering if it may be worth it to do, lets say the Poly CL instead of the AOA with Deluxe Dining. We would get our breakfast every morning at the CL and be right on the Monorail...any thoughts. If we stay at the AOA we need a family suite since I have 3 kiddos. So price wise??? So confused. Any suggestions...

Yes, the pins are coming up as quick service for both values and moderates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter