Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the price comparrison is being made on the actual price since scoring a 40% off is highly unlikely for most people.

I could just about stay at a Deluxe (full price) for the same as it would cost me to stay at the AOA suites and pay to upgrade my Free QS to the TS.

For now I'm just gonna stay booked at POP and see what happens. I still have 11 months to change my mind! :laughing:

I imagine the price comparrison is being made on the actual price since scoring a 40% off is highly unlikely for most people.

I could just about stay at a Deluxe (full price) for the same as it would cost me to stay at the AOA suites and pay to upgrade my Free QS to the TS.

For now I'm just gonna stay booked at POP and see what happens. I still have 11 months to change my mind! :laughing:

True but the rack rates for 5 people are only $124 difference, so basically any discount would make deluxe a better cost value
But even at rack rates for 124 I'll take deluxe over value all week

Consider dining and it's a no brained IMO too

My dd and I have stayed at the POP all three times we have been at the Disney World, this time she would like to stay somewhere different. I am going to let her be a big part of the planning process this time, so I will be letting her choose which value resort to stay at during our Summer 2013 trip to DW. I really think she will choose the AA resort, with the Little Mermaid theme, she is 13 but still loves this movie!

CAN'T WAIT, IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK ON DISBOARDS!!!!!

This is one of the best things about accommodations at Disney. There is something for everyone. :love:

Course, trying to finance wants vs needs :rolleyes1 that is a different story. :lmao:

Yes, I am excited as I have booked this. My DGD who is 17 thinks we are staying at Pop Century. I can't wait to see her face:)

Is anybody planning on staying at AoA on opening night (May 31)? I'd love to find some other DISers to count down with me! :yay:

It is hard to justify a family of four staying there when it's twice as much as a regular value room, but the fact that they are going to be the most heavily themed rooms at WDW (by far!) hopefully will justify it. Especially since we have little kids, and we are movie and art people - my DS is going to be an animator some day - he's 7 and already draws comics :goodvibes. It will be worth it to be immersed in a Disney movie.

I'm kind of "eh" about the kitchenette, though since we eat a lot of cereal in the room it will be nice for breakfast. Though that will be the extent of it! I take a break from cooking while on vacation . ;)

June 3rd here. But I would be happy to cheer you on. :cheer2::cheer2:

Will you let us know how the sounds from the construction are when you get there?

June 3rd here. But I would be happy to cheer you on. :cheer2::cheer2:

Will you let us know how the sounds from the construction are when you get there?

Can i ask of those who have booked, have you received any type of discount? i have AAA and am wondering what their rate is.

thannks

We are seriously considering adjusting our trip and postponing to August so we can stay here. We are a family of 7, our youngest will have just turned 2 and we want to take advantage of the suites while we can!

Hey all. Is there any word on when the Little Mermaid wing will be open. I've heard 'late 2012'. Anything more specific? Thanks! :goodvibes

Upon looking at the layout of AoA, here are my thoughts:

1. The kitchenette is smaller than ASMu and it is more out in the open where the sleeper sofa is. DH and I are midnight snackers and this might bother the kids who are in the sleeper sofa.

2. The innovabed does not have a tv in front of it, the kids will fight over who gets to sleep in the living room where there is a tv.

3. I don't see a desk in the bedroom. ASMu has one.

I really wanna try the new suites but I'm afraid we might not like the layout.

Should be stick with the familiar or try something new?

We'll be staying either split Animal Kingdom Villas & Art of Animation stay, or just straight AoA - but not until 2014 :scared1: Lots of time to plan!

I just got of the phone with Disney and they are not doing any bookings for Little Mermaid for December, 2012. The lady checked the whole month and nothing came up just yet.
So if you want to stay Little Mermaid in December when thy open up, Keep calling or get with your TA and have him or her check for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter