Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel thumbs down or thumbs up?

Huck Sawyer

Mouseketeer
I just saw on the FB fan page the new photos of the resort. what do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyWorld/posts/10150344854503274

I'm not overly impressed. I know it's a value and we stay at mods or deluxe resorts most of the time, but I would never rule out a value.

Something about them looks too plastic to me. I know flame me all the way but I was hoping for more I guess. The finishes all look cheap and like you have been thrown into a cartoon bubble.

I am not sure. Love the size of the. They are really bright. I do think the lion king one looks cute and it seems to be more muted than the nemo one.

The Nemo living room(common area) did it for me. Everything looks like plastic and will be worn so quickly. I think they had good intents but in my opinion it's a fail.

Reading the comments made my head hurt. I've tried to keep up with the info about this resort, but they had some stuff mislabeled in the photos, which confused a lot of people!

Am I correct to believe that the Mermaid section will be single room (4 people max plus cribling) and the rest are suites? The suites are two room, sleeping 6 (plus cribling)? Two in the bedroom, 2 on the couch, 2 on the murphy bed/table thing, right?

I personally like rooms that make me feel relaxed and calm and restful after all the manic energy of the parks, so these rooms (except maybe the Lion King one) were not to my taste. I'm sure there will be no shortage of families who adore them, though.

2 Words: Sensory Overload!

Anyone remember Hildy from Trading Spaces..wonder if she was the designer they consulted!

ugh I just saw this on FB. My comment was: TACKY! DIZZY.

They went way overboard with the theming. Its way too intense for me. My husband would lose his mind. :scared1:

I'm actually excited for the resort to open and can't wait to stay there. :thumbsup2

I think the rooms look pretty neat. The only thing I don't really like is the price. Wish it was a little cheaper since it is a "value" resort.

So not impressed!

I hope the actual resort - the buildings, courtyard, etc. are done better than the rooms. I would love to visit there...but would not/could not stay in one of the rooms. And especially for not the price they are hoping to get!!

Wow. I can't believe all the negative comments. I think the rooms are adorable. Of COURSE the furnishing and detailing is not made of marble. LOL. LOTS of kids stay in Disney, and let's face it. Kids are messy and they are destructive. Plastic cleans easily and does not stain.

I think kids will go nuts for these rooms. I can stay in a plain old relaxing hotel room anywhere. Not just at Disney and not just in Florida. I think the overly dramatic theming is awesome and will be what makes this resort stand out.

I actually really like the rooms since it's nice to have a resort with that "Disney" feel and that is what they were for this is the most Disney themeing in all resorts. I love the Mods and Deluxes we normally stay at but I still think these are very cute. What I don't like is the price since they are a value.

I thought the rooms were cute but I do think they are almost over the top. Frankly, I think that about all the themed rooms at WDW. We do two week stays and the Pirate rooms, Royal rooms and now these rooms would get old. But I'd love to do a few nights at the beginning of the trip in one of those Little Mermaid rooms.

The pricetag also swears me off, I think that is ridiculous for a value room.

I think the rooms look fun. My problem is the price! Way out of whack for a value. Hopefully they will come down some once the newness wears off...doubt it but finger crossed.

I rather like them, but like Amy&Dan said the themeing could get old over time. For a value, though, I think it's perfect (and we're total value resort people). My kiddos would have a blast!

I'm with donnaf516, though, it's the price that's getting me. I'm hoping that they'll come down over time or at least that once discounts are applied, it's not as bad. Also, I'm really hoping that with the vast increase in the number of family suites that we'll start to see some discounts available on them. As much as I'd LOVE to do one of the family suites at Animation, the fact that two standard connecting rooms would fit our needs just as well on the two future trips we'll need that much space will probably win out when it comes to the budget/discounts/my frugality/etc.

I'm sure that kids will love them, but the price still doesn't solve the dilemma of affordability for people with 3 or 4 children. I thought that perhaps these would be a little less expensive than someone getting two connecting rooms...but I guess not.

Too cutesy for my taste. I appreciate the need for more space, but the theming seems cheesy to me

I am not dazzled by the decoration, I can only think of the ridiculous high price. I guess there are people who will pay anything. I am not one of them.

I love them, I think they're fun and really immersive. For everyone who doesn't like them, there are tons of people who do and who will definitely book them (including me ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter