Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We will be at the Lodge this weekend for an impromptu trip. Can anyone tell me whether the pool is warm enough for swimming right now?

All WDW pools are heated to 82 degrees year round so the pools are always warm enough to swim in. Now, whether the air is warm enough for you to get OUT of the pool is a whole 'nother thang! :eek:

We are heading back at the end of November....soon excited and soon far away. We have stayed in AKL before and it was our absolute favorite.
we stayed here the first time last year.. We are goingback in Dec becasue we didnt get enough of it , sooo far awayyyy

we stayed here the first time last year.. We are goingback in Dec becasue we didnt get enough of it , sooo far awayyyy

Same with my Mom and I! We stayed at AKL last Oct/Nov for our first time and knew we had to go back this year to AKL again. We weighed staying at the Poly, but decided to do Club Level AKL instead. I'm looking at joining DVC sometime in 2018, I hope Disney has some AKL options available when I do decide to go that route, I don't want to buy from a 3rd party site.

Same with my Mom and I! We stayed at AKL last Oct/Nov for our first time and knew we had to go back this year to AKL again. We weighed staying at the Poly, but decided to do Club Level AKL instead. I'm looking at joining DVC sometime in 2018, I hope Disney has some AKL options available when I do decide to go that route, I don't want to buy from a 3rd party site.
I had a great experience buying resale. Now we stay between AKL-CL and poly for half the price! Don't rule it out!

I had a great experience buying resale. Now we stay between AKL-CL and poly for half the price! Don't rule it out!

I may consider it when the time gets closer, but I'd hate to lose out on all the extras you get buying directly from Disney. Something I'll have to think about!

Hoping to get a quick question answered...are there ceiling fans in Kidani studio rooms? Packing for trip & I need a fan to sleep - white noise! Thank you??

Good Morning All!

We returned from the lodge a week ago today and had an amazing stay. We had a pool view bunk bed room (2024 to be exact) and while my only request was for a high floor we ended up being thrilled with our 2nd floor room. We were just a flight of stairs away from the pool and Mara, Jiko, and Boma were literally within steps. There was also a door between the 2nd and 3rd floors on the stairwell that put us just a few feet from the bus stops which was perfect.

As for the room, it was beautiful and though a little on the small side for 3 adults and a child, we managed just fine. My 6'2" brother wasn't even cramped on the bottom bunk which was a surprise. Housekeeping was efficient and came early each day, only complaint was despite our repeated requests we could not seem to get more coffee packs. Thankfully with Mara's proximity we just went there.

We enjoyed the pool on a few occasions and while it wasn't as nice as the Poly or WL pools my daughter had a great time. It was never too crowded and chairs were easy to find. I did think it was odd how the pool wasn't all interconnected and how you had to go through multiple gates to walk around, but it wasn't an issue. As it was early February it got cold quickly once the sun went down, but when the sun was out it was perfect. Speaking of perfect, loved all the yummy adult beverages at the pool bar.

AKL continues to have the best food on property. We enjoyed Jiko, Sanaa, Boma, and Mara - no other resort can boast so many amazing restaurants all in one place. Just wish we had time to make multiple visits to each :-)

Transportation was highly efficient and I don't recall having to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus ever, with most being much shorter than that. In the mornings there were lines to MK, but everyone lined up nicely and even when busses filled up there was another not too far behind. Last time we stayed here AKL was sharing with Kidani still, so the separation of the 2 in the hectic morning hours was a welcomed change. I know AKL often seems far out, but the reality is its closer to DS, Epcot, MGM, and of course AK than most of the MK area resorts. With most trips under 10 minutes it really is close to everything.

This was our second stay at AKL and again it did not disappoint. Last time we ended up with a Savannah room (though we'd booked standard) and I thought I'd miss it with the pool view but we didn't. With all the overlooks and savanna's around the resort, you could experience it anytime you wanted and while it was certainly nice to have it right off my balcony for the price standard/pool view are just fine. This is unequivocally the most beautiful resort on property and savannah view or not, everyone has the ability to enjoy and take it all in.

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice and answers. Very helpful and we can't wait to return again!

Hoping to get a quick question answered...are there ceiling fans in Kidani studio rooms? Packing for trip & I need a fan to sleep - white noise! Thank you??

I NEED white noise when I sleep!! I downloaded a white noise app on my phone and just play that all night. It's amazing when I sleep somewhere that doesn't have a fan.

There were ceiling fans in our Kidani 2 bedroom but they did not move much air and were basically quiet. Next time we will pack fans.

...Speaking of perfect, loved all the yummy adult beverages at the pool bar.

AKL continues to have the best food on property. We enjoyed Jiko, Sanaa, Boma, and Mara - no other resort can boast so many amazing restaurants all in one place. Just wish we had time to make multiple visits to each :-)....
....what's not to love? ;)

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a room request for a standard view room that is close to a common savannah viewing area? Thanks!

Does anyone have a photo or know what the current menu at Victoria's Falls is? I looked on the website and it only shows the 3 appetizers, but I saw TheTimTracker getting a burger and stating there's way more options there.

Does anyone have a photo or know what the current menu at Victoria's Falls is? I looked on the website and it only shows the 3 appetizers, but I saw TheTimTracker getting a burger and stating there's way more options there.
this is so funny, we stayed at AK past december, first time... and thought we couldnt get food at the bar, i didnt see a food menu, jiko was full, we came home and i saw Tim eating food at the bar and i looked it up and saw a few appetizers!! I would like to know the answer to this question to. I LOVE watchin Tim and Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter