• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we will be able to swim during the days of early February. Maybe the temps will be ok.
I was there the first of January this year and there were kids swimming. It was a cooler weekend high 60s. Pools are suppose to be heated to 80. Good luck!

Hoping we will be able to swim during the days of early February. Maybe the temps will be ok.
We'll be there the same time as you and my daughter is most definitely planning on swimming. Regardless of temperature. :) My fingers are crossed that it will actually be pool weather because I have a feeling she will not be deterred...

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2016 & 2017

If you have any updates please let me know…

December

Nursejackie, 10th - 26th, AKL

LvsTnk, 11th - 21st, AKL

TaraPA, 13th - 15th, Jambo House

PNO4TE, 16th - 19th, POFQ

Wsmagee, 16th - 22nd, AKL

MichelleGray, 16th - 23rd, AKL

January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

March

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

April

Katiedid36, 1st - 8th, AKL

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

June

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - July 6th, Jambo House

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September

October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

I've always wanted to do this (from Activities sheet)
"Culinary Tour — Boma-Flavors of Africa followed by Jiko-The Cooking Place-Join one of our Cultural Representatives as they take you on a tour, sharing history and cuisine of our African-inspired restaurants."
For our Jan/Feb trip, my "foodie" son (25) said he'd do it with me! YAY!

So, QUESTIONS:

• Is this tour given every day?
  • Do you have to register in advance?
  • Where is the meeting place for the start of the tour?

"Culinary Tour — Boma-Flavors of Africa followed by Jiko-The Cooking Place-Join one of our Cultural Representatives as they take you on a tour, sharing history and cuisine of our African-inspired restaurants."

So, QUESTIONS:

The culinary tour is offered daily. You do not have to pre-register. Stop by the Boma podium at 3:45pm to sign up. The tour begins at 4pm. It starts at Boma; then continues to Jiko. Well worth taking 45 minutes from your day to attend! ;)

So, QUESTIONS:

The culinary tour is offered daily. You do not have to pre-register. Stop by the Boma podium at 3:45pm to sign up. The tour begins at 4pm. It starts at Boma; then continues to Jiko. Well worth taking 45 minutes from your day to attend! ;)

This sounds fun!

What is the fee?

Do you sample food? :)

The Culinary Tour is free and, on an ideal day (where they're not rushed or running behind in preparation to open the restaurants) you will get to sample soup and a Zebra Dome at Boma; bread service at Jiko. :goodvibes

The tour of Boma is particularly useful for those who have never eaten there. Touring the "pods" gives you a good idea what's available. Our first time, many years ago, we never made it to all the pods as we were stuffed mid-way through!!

The Jiko tour is quite interesting and that is now one of my favorite restaurants! :love:

I know there is a public bathroom on the 3rd floor at the Zebra Trail entrance, but is there a bathroom there on every floor or is it just on the 3rd?

Has anyone had luck with having Amazon Prime Now orders being delivered to AKL with no issues? Planning on doing this during Marathon weekend for a few items.

Thanks!

Hi all, I'm just looking for a little advice/reassurance please

We are looking to book for our trip in September 2018 (when it becomes available) and we are looking at booking AKL for 21 night. How're due to our length of stay ( we are travelling from Australia) I'm not sure we can run to a savannah view so will probably only book standard view. I'm guessing having 3 weeks in resort we will have plenty opportunity to explore the resort and see the animals from all the various places, however I'm worried that due to us having to block out a room for such a long stay we may get one of the really awful standard view rooms. I know that all we can expect is a standard view but 3 weeks in a room next to the bus stop would be a disaster for me being a light sleeper.

Any thoughts anyone please

Thanks x

Hi all, I'm just looking for a little advice/reassurance please

We are looking to book for our trip in September 2018 (when it becomes available) and we are looking at booking AKL for 21 night. How're due to our length of stay ( we are travelling from Australia) I'm not sure we can run to a savannah view so will probably only book standard view. I'm guessing having 3 weeks in resort we will have plenty opportunity to explore the resort and see the animals from all the various places, however I'm worried that due to us having to block out a room for such a long stay we may get one of the really awful standard view rooms. I know that all we can expect is a standard view but 3 weeks in a room next to the bus stop would be a disaster for me being a light sleeper.

Any thoughts anyone please

Thanks x
You could try using the touring plans to look at the rooms and get an idea of the views for certain rooms.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge

If you subscribe for the year, you can have touring plans fax a request for a certain room. I've never tried it but I was looking into it for our next trip. I was trying to decide if the price difference was worth it for the view. It looks like some standard views are actually really good. So it might be worth it to do touring plans for a chance for a decent view. Not a guarantee of course. I've read some reports on the boards that people have been successful with a touring plans request.

I know there is a public bathroom on the 3rd floor at the Zebra Trail entrance, but is there a bathroom there on every floor or is it just on the 3rd?

There's one down in the waiting area for Boma's on the ground level floor....Nothing on the 2nd floor *( because it's not really a floor ) Just part of Victoria Falls Lounge up above /to the side of Boma..:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter