Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favorite meal/snack to get at an AKL restaurant? We are planning on Boma for dinner, but would appreciate breakfast, quick service, and snack suggestions.

I am another who doesn't like Zebra Domes. Apparently, this thread is full of weirdos like me! (I really don't care for white chocolate, and that's the reason for me.)

I have always enjoyed the soups at the Mara - which may seem strange to eat in the warmer times, but I really like soup for a light meal. The Mara is a decent QS option. You don't get a huge variety of options, and I would certainly never go out of my way to eat there, but it's always been perfectly adequate if we wanted to grab a quick meal or a evening snack back at the resort.

We aren't big breakfast people, but have gotten breakfast at Mara and it was good. I got the bobotie platter which was great - and I always hesitate to eat at Boma for breakfast because I really don't eat enough to make a buffet worthwhile, so this gives me my fix.

Just got letter in mail that Disney is "pleased" to inform us that Kidani will be undergoing room refurbishment during our Sept stay. Love the optimistic spin to the notification. Is anyone there now who can confirm if it is just minor room refurb with minimal noise or any other issues? Thanks!!

28 days!!! :tigger:

Just got letter in mail that Disney is "pleased" to inform us that Kidani will be undergoing room refurbishment during our Sept stay. Love the optimistic spin to the notification. Is anyone there now who can confirm if it is just minor room refurb with minimal noise or any other issues? Thanks!!

If it's anything like the Jambo House soft good refurb, you won't even know. At least that was my experience. We stayed at Jambo in January when they were doing the soft good, and there was no indication it was going on. I only knew it was happening due to the lovely letter I received!

Just got the same letter and I'm a bit worried because I just stayed at a hotel for a few nights and wasn't notified of any construction until I got there and it wasn't very fun. I'm wondering the same thing..... will there be noise, smells, a lot of extra traffic?

I received the letter too. I am sure it will be fine. If you have any complaints when you get there, I am sure they will do what they can to accommodate you.

Has anyone ever stayed when the hotel was completely booked. We planned our trip months ago for the middle of November. Our plane tickets are already purchased so we cannot cancel. I just wondered if a completely booked hotel (every room in every category) makes the stay not as enjoyable. Trying to prepare ourselves.

We are thinking of getting a savanna view room next trip. What would be the best room request to add if we want close to the lobby but with a good view of the animal ? We have never stayed there before. Also is there any where I can see what options are listed for requests for online check in? Thanks for any help :)

Has anyone ever stayed when the hotel was completely booked. We planned our trip months ago for the middle of November. Our plane tickets are already purchased so we cannot cancel. I just wondered if a completely booked hotel (every room in every category) makes the stay not as enjoyable. Trying to prepare ourselves.
I never stayed when a hotel was completely booked but when that does occur, Disney will definitely upgrade you. Yes AKL/AKV is a Deluxe resort but they may move you to Contemporary or Grand Floridian or even to another DVC resort.

We are thinking of getting a savanna view room next trip. What would be the best room request to add if we want close to the lobby but with a good view of the animal ? We have never stayed there before. Also is there any where I can see what options are listed for requests for online check in? Thanks for any help :)
I would pick Sunset Savannah, Near lobby.

GF and I finally ordered our APs.

We're staying 11/13-11/19 this year at Kidani.

Now having APs we're so tempted to just drive down from NJ right now even though we're going down in a little over 3 months.

GF and I finally ordered our APs.

We're staying 11/13-11/19 this year at Kidani.

Now having APs we're so tempted to just drive down from NJ right now even though we're going down in a little over 3 months.

Yes, that happens once you become a passholder, lol. We bought APs last fall to justify 2 trips in a 12 mo period...those 2 turned into 5. Oops :rolleyes1

Yes, that happens once you become a passholder, lol. We bought APs last fall to justify 2 trips in a 12 mo period...those 2 turned into 5. Oops :rolleyes1

That's exactly what happened to us. April trip, then we bought APs because we figured we'd come back for another week the following April. Well, we also did a long weekend in September, 10 days in November, long weekend in January and still did the week in April, so two trips became 5. It was our best year ever!!!

Seems like I read somewhere that there are showers close to the pool, but now seems like I may have dreamt that! Can anyone tell me? I ask, because we have a standard view until Oct 6, then we move to a Savannah view, but that is the day we plan to do the MNSSHP, and wanted to chill at the resort for part of the day. And I DOUBT our second room would be ready anywhere near that early(although we will request early as possible at check in, and let that be our only request), so trying to decide if we would be able to clean up some after swimming. Thanks!

The showers are very close to the pool, just past Mara. I used them in May when I had a late flight home. I checked out that morning, spent the day in the parks and then took a shower so I would not be sweaty and smelly on the plane. That being said, I would bet your room will be ready if you ask them to make a note when you check into your standard room.

The showers are very close to the pool, just past Mara. I used them in May when I had a late flight home. I checked out that morning, spent the day in the parks and then took a shower so I would not be sweaty and smelly on the plane. That being said, I would bet your room will be ready if you ask them to make a note when you check into your standard room.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter