• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm wondering if you can grab a drink or glass of wine from somewhere in the hotel (maybe Victoria Falls?) to take with you to see animals from the hotel viewing areas? We're staying AKL in a standard view room so I'm trying to figure out the alternative ways to see the animals while relaxing on our trip since we won't be seeing them from out room. Although even with a standard room I'm one excited person, Animal Kingdom Lodge here we come!!

You can absolutely grab a drink from either Victoria Falls, and head over to Arusha Rock, & see the animals, or actually grab a drink from Uzima Springs Pool Bar , and literally walk around the pool and see Flamingos ( Up Close ) or look to the left and see some animals on the Uzima Savanna... Try looking here to get an idea... http://allears.net/acc/aklmap.jpg

I used to work at AKL and I can tell you any 5 year old would love it! The whole resort is beautiful. The main attraction is of course the animals out on the different savannas. And be sure to note there are 3 different savannas around the lodge so you get a bit of a different view/experience at each. There are also cultural reps around the lodge to share knowledge, stories and activities with. The pool is also a huge attraction for little ones. Close to the pool is The Mara (quick service) where there is some kid friendly food. I'm not sure what "FF" is but in my opinion if you can get a rate that cheap at AKL, I would go for it! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :)

We were in the hot tub behind the flamingo pond (the only one that was actually hot) and there were 3 or 4 giraffes feeding from the trees above us. It was so serene and magical. My favorite most relaxing moment of our vacation.

Yep you are correct I forgot about that one, for it was closed when we stayed at Jambo... This is the one that is tucked in behind the bamboo that I was referring to... http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/disney-animal-kingdom-lodge/photos/jacuzzi-pool--v659331/

Anyone find the Jacuzzis crowded at night? Staying at AKL for the first time Labor Day weekend!

Edit For sls404:

The one spa that I showed the picture of was the only one working, & I do remember it being inundated with lil kids and parents not really supervising.... Definitely Not relaxing. It Seemedparty:like this at times..LoL

Last edited:
Ahh going back in August can't wait now that I'm seeing photos. I hope the jacuzzis are working I never have good luck with that at Disney resorts. We got lucky last time.

Ye so are we....At this time driving in 2 weeks we should be at our Stopping point ( Hopefully somewhere around Ga/SC border ) & swimming &/or eating.... Then early rise on Saturday to finish off the rest of the drive....

Bummed about not being in AKV, but BWV will have to suffice..LoL Different vibe there, but equally nice... Have a great trip.

See you at Boma's or Sanaa..LoL:wave2:

Ye so are we....At this time driving in 2 weeks we should be at our Stopping point ( Hopefully somewhere around Ga/SC border ) & swimming &/or eating.... Then early rise on Saturday to finish off the rest of the drive....

Bummed about not being in AKV, but BWV will have to suffice..LoL Different vibe there, but equally nice... Have a great trip.

See you at Boma's or Sanaa..LoL:wave2:
Gonna try sanaa for sure this time! Maybe for lunch to see the wildlife while eating!

First deluxe stay this August at AKL, so excited! It will be a surprise for my mom :) Booked in a pool view room, what online check-in requests should I check for the best room location possible?

Here now, just checked in for our first stay here :) booked a savannah view bunk bed room and requested upper floor and kudu trail. We were givena complimentary upgrade to an arusha savanna bunk bed room and got kudu trail, 4th floor :)

Checked into AKL yesterday and OMG! I love it. This resort is amazing. This was a surprise for my son. I told him that we were just going to BOMA to eat. He stared at me in amazement when I told him this would be our new home for the next 9 nights! My request was met to be close to the lobby. We received a text message that our room was ready around 11am. I can even see a few animals from my balcony. Dinner at BOMA yesterday was delicious. As I type, I am snacking on a Zebra dome from The Mara:D

Need AKL expert opinions, please. We are arriving for our first AKV Jambo House stay on September 26th (savanna view studio villa). I just did online check-in and requested an Arusha Savanna view room near the lobby. It didn't give me an option for Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail. I'd prefer Zebra Trail, so I figured "near the lobby" was my best option?? Any opinions?

Just quoting myself since it's 2 pages back and no responses. Anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks!! :)

Are there any rooms that are not includes for the discounts? We have a bunk pool view room and wanted to know if that room typy is included for discounts? We are going the end of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter