Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were originally booked 11/30 - 12/7 at POFQ but when I called yesterday, AKL was only 400 or so bucks more for the trip so we figured why not? I haven't been deluxe since I was a kid at the Contemporary in 1973 (?) so this should be fun. All this is to introduce myself to the group and we'll see you soon!
December

RobynPrincess, Nov 26th – 9th, AKL

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Traceylee, 11th – 19th, AKL

PrincessHeather92, 12th - 18th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Chrisc88, 24th – 27th, AKL

My family of 4 will be staying at AKL Jambo House on rented DVC points from August 22-31! I am sooooo excited! I have 2 questions I am hoping someone may be able to help me with!

1) We are renting a Standard View Studio. I requested "near lobby" during online check in. Do all standard view studios at Jambo house have a poolview or should I request poolview as well?

2) My husband enjoys a rye and coke in the evening to unwind. We are not renting a car. Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere at AKL to buy a bottle of liquor and if so, what the cost might be? It might be worth the cost of a cab to go to an actual liquor store instead?

Thanks in advance!!
August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

Cshel85, Jul 27th - 4th, Kidani

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

Jennifur25, Jul 31st – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 2nd - 10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

Broncobill, 7th – 16th, AKL

anjalee6, 10th – 13th, BC

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 26th, BWV

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

MissDisneyDora, 22nd – 26th, AKL

Erineab, 22nd - 31st, Jambo House

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HHR

Hey everyone! Another AKL returner here heading back home November 11th-15th after a short stay at the Swan and Dolphin 11/8-11/11 for a conference in online education (I'm an onlined educator :) ))

I had a few questions - When we previously stayed last December 1-8th we were in a standard pool view room and enjoyed our time. This year I have been working as a CM at the local Disney Store, so we are staying at AKL - Jambo in a Deluxe Studio Savanna view room. :dogdance:

My questions are where these as typically located on the map (I assume from reading it is 5-6th floors on the Zebra trail?) Also, does anyone have any images so I can compare to our previous stay? FINALLY, I was wondering if anyone had a general idea on cab costs to get from S&D to AKL Jambo on property? Thanks in advance!!!

6th floor are exclusively CL, so a deluxe savanna view non CL villa will be on the 5th floor. Your deluxe savanna view villa in Jambo will located on Zebra trail overlooking Arusha or Uzima savannas or on Kudu trail overlooking Arusha or Sunset savannas.

Looking forward to Kidani village from 12/20 to 12/26. Two bathrooms in the 1BR sealed the deal. How else can we make RD?

Hey everyone! Another AKL returner here heading back home November 11th-15th after a short stay at the Swan and Dolphin 11/8-11/11 for a conference in online education (I'm an onlined educator :) ))

I had a few questions - When we previously stayed last December 1-8th we were in a standard pool view room and enjoyed our time. This year I have been working as a CM at the local Disney Store, so we are staying at AKL - Jambo in a Deluxe Studio Savanna view room. :dogdance:

My questions are where these as typically located on the map (I assume from reading it is 5-6th floors on the Zebra trail?) Also, does anyone have any images so I can compare to our previous stay? FINALLY, I was wondering if anyone had a general idea on cab costs to get from S&D to AKL Jambo on property? Thanks in advance!!!
November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 4th, POFQ

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

DisneyLifer87, 8th - 11th, Swan & Dolphin

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

DisneyLifer87, 11th -15th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Libmom333, 13th – 21st, AKL

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

Deannaf87, 16th – 21st, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

RobynPrincess, 20th – 26th, AKL CL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

RobynPrincess, 26th – Dec 9th, AKL

Okh, 30th Dec 7th, AKL

JenniferLea

Looking forward to Kidani village from 12/20 to 12/26. Two bathrooms in the 1BR sealed the deal. How else can we make RD?
December

RobynPrincess, Nov 26th – 9th, AKL

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Traceylee, 11th – 19th, AKL

PrincessHeather92, 12th - 18th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Sbeets, 20th - 26th, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Chrisc88, 24th – 27th, AKL

Just made it to WDW! we are staying at POP for the next 2 days and we check into AKL on July 30 for 9 days! This is our first deluxe. We went to DD and it started pouring raining, so we ate lunch at WPE and came back to our resort.

Just made it to WDW! we are staying at POP for the next 2 days and we check into AKL on July 30 for 9 days! This is our first deluxe. We went to DD and it started pouring raining, so we ate lunch at WPE and came back to our resort.

Congrats, on your upcoming 1st stay.

But be forewarned, because this most likely will NOT be your last stay here..LoL:goodvibes

Did my online check in this morning! Using Touring Plans for views we picked Kudu Trail and Upper Floor. We don't mind the walk from the elevators to the room, I've stayed at Opryland and THAT is a hike to get anywhere!
We also elected to waive the "having a room ready early vs. requests", since we don't get in until at least 2pm...I would rather have my people pen view.
Dh is hoping for what he's called the "Madagascar View", when looking at pictures of "obstructed" views we saw one that was at night. There was a pool of water with a light above it and all the animals were just chilling like they had just punched out on a clock. Dh said all it needed was penguins and it would be complete!:rotfl:
EDIT: The picture I'm referring to is on page 85.

I just felt the need to post about how much I love this resort. Just got back from an amazing five night stay. This was our second stay in a standard view room, and both times we had savanna views. Technically, they may be listed as standard views, but the views are truly amazing. And this time we were right off the lobby! What convenience! I adore driving up to the resort. I adore the smell when I walk into the lobby. I am seriously considering forking out hundreds of dollars for that machine that makes my house smell like AKL. I adore the music. I adore the food. I adore the animals. As much as I love visiting all the Disney resorts and as much as I have loved all the Disney resorts where I have stayed, there is just something special about AKL. We used the Kidani pool area this time and it was perfect. It rained on our pool day for the first couple of hours, but that probably made the experience even better. Playing in the kids area and sliding down the slide in the rain was so much fun. And due to the weather, there were only a few guests. Practically had it to ourselves for a while. We ate at Boma and Sanaa and both lived up to our high expectations. Sanaa is probably one of our favorite restaurants now. What fun to eat while watching the gray crowned crane preen right by our window! And the bread service.... MMMMMmmmmm. I want to go back. Right now.

Can you walk from AKL to AK? Or is there a shuttle, or do you share buses with different parks?
You cannot walk to animal kingdom. You will have to take a large disney bus (like a city bus)to all 4 of the theme parks. The bus to animal kingdom will likely share the route going to blizzard beach water park.

Need AKL expert opinions, please. We are arriving for our first AKV Jambo House stay on September 26th (savanna view studio villa). I just did online check-in and requested an Arusha Savanna view room near the lobby. It didn't give me an option for Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail. I'd prefer Zebra Trail, so I figured "near the lobby" was my best option?? Any opinions?

I am trying to rent points for AKL for August 2016 for a value standard View. What do the rooms look like and are the rooms close to a bus stop? It will be myself and my 3 daughters (2 daughters and very younger sister lol)

Can you walk from AKL to AK? Or is there a shuttle, or do you share buses with different parks?

We just got back and AK had its own bus. Blizzard Beach shared with DTD. Once you get on the bus it is pretty quick, but one morning we waited for a half hour for the AK bus to come. By the time it arrived, many people were not even able to get on, there were so many of us waiting for it. If you have to get to an early reservation or want to hit RD, I would say be at the bus stop no later than one hour prior to opening. We got to the stop at 8:20 on a 9 am opening and did not arrive at the park until after 9 am. All of our other bus experiences were great so there may have just been an off day, but both times we have been at Disney and had morning bus issues, the buses were bound for AK.

Last edited:
Hola! Our first stay at AKL is this Christmas, we were originally at WL but changed due to construction. I had planned to rent bikes on our off day since it will probably be too cold for the pool, and I heard that AKL has bike rentals as well. Has anyone ever rented bikes there? Do the bike paths overlook or pass any of the animal areas? TIA!

Does anyone know where the rooms with the bunks are at? Not sure if they are in a certain area? We booked a pool view bunk room and didn't know what was a good place to request.

I am trying to rent points for AKL for August 2016 for a value standard View. What do the rooms look like and are the rooms close to a bus stop? It will be myself and my 3 daughters (2 daughters and very younger sister lol)

1st off you'll be at Jambo house, because Kidani doesn't have values..2ndly we were in Rm # 5014 which was very close to evrything.. Heres a link: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter