Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
does online check in verses in person check in effect your chances for a room upgrade? We have never used online and have always been upgraded! i am worried about using online but we need to checking really early on sat.

I used to feel the same way, but we have been fortunate using OCI. Last October I had booked a std view, and had requested bunk beds, lower floor, and near the lobby. All of our requests were met and we were thrilled with our view, much better than the Arusha view we had when we stayed CL. We were right in front of a feeding spot. This is what we saw from our balcony on a regular basis.

AKL View.jpg

MinnieMeep, was your room facing a feeding area of some sort?

Hi DVC! We were in room 4237, 4th floor, facing the Arusha savanna. The first animal picture was of one of the CMs giving "wormy treats" to the animals I believe. There are feeding areas all around the savanna; a few times a day we would see a CM coming around in a little truck or cart and sprinkling some hay and tying up some palms for the giraffes.

Our room was where the little red X is above the 8:
map-jambo-house_zpsuiudv83v.jpg

I used to feel the same way, but we have been fortunate using OCI. Last October I had booked a std view, and had requested bunk beds, lower floor, and near the lobby. All of our requests were met and we were thrilled with our view, much better than the Arusha view we had when we stayed CL. We were right in front of a feeding spot. This is what we saw from our balcony on a regular basis.

View attachment 2223

Thanks for sharing this picture. What a great view.

We are staying DVC in Jambo house for the first time and we have a savanna view booked. Hopefully we will see some of the same. I love the giraffes.

I need someone's expertise. I want to make sure I am making the right request. We have a studio booked with savanna view. If I ask for a room right near the pool area am I correct that they do have studios with savanna views near the pool? Would the request be to ask for a room near giraffe trail or should I just ask for a room close by the pool?

Does anyone have a recent Activities guide for Jambo? Heading down in 10 days & wanted to see if the Culinary Tour was still offered.

I need someone's expertise. I want to make sure I am making the right request. We have a studio booked with savanna view. If I ask for a room right near the pool area am I correct that they do have studios with savanna views near the pool? Would the request be to ask for a room near giraffe trail or should I just ask for a room close by the pool?
The studios on Giraffe trail are all values - so if you have deluxe savanna view your studio will not be on Giraffe trail. Zebra trail is on the pool side of Jambo and has views of the pool, Arusha savanna and Uzima savanna. Hope this helps:)

The studios on Giraffe trail are all values - so if you have deluxe savanna view your studio will not be on Giraffe trail. Zebra trail is on the pool side of Jambo and has views of the pool, Arusha savanna and Uzima savanna. Hope this helps:)

Thank you for explaining that. :-) Now I understand the layout of the map better.

So, I will ask for a room on Zebra trail side of Jambo and close to pool if possible.

The club level thread is reporting recent issues with not there not being enough tables and the lounge being crowded. Has anyone else experienced that?

Just had the best stay at AKL in a deeply discounted room! Rented with David's in the value studio category and was put in room 5120 with a Savannah view! Very happy. Could be because I mentioned it was my birthday with every contact.... Zebras, giraffes, antelope, river hogs, we saw them all!

RacehlTori, I see that you make an annual birthday trip. This was my first one (February 5th). Life List item checked off! Is the weather normally that overcast and chilly then or was I just "lucky"? I was there February 4-8th. Super happy it never rained on us.

RacehlTori, I see that you make an annual birthday trip. This was my first one (February 5th). Life List item checked off! Is the weather normally that overcast and chilly then or was I just "lucky"? I was there February 4-8th. Super happy it never rained on us.

February 5th for me also! Weather is usually very nice; and I felt it was fine for all of my trip, except Feb 5! lol

When I realize the winter many are having, I feel grateful and won't complain about cloudy & chilly! :flower3:

Hi Everyone!
We are staying at AKL for the first time this November. We usually stay at CBR, but our last trip we stayed at GF CL. Any tips? Anything in particular that we should look for or do? Any restaurants that we MUST check out? We always do the same each trip (CP, Ohana, Japan, English). TIA!

we are booked in for one night, cl level. my question is if we get there early, which we will, about 9:30 a.m., our room will probably not be ready. are we able to use the cl lounge from that time or do we have to wait for check in? also we are only staying one night so ME probably will not be till 3 p.m., will we be able to use the lounge till then or does it stop at check out?
tia

we are booked in for one night, cl level. my question is if we get there early, which we will, about 9:30 a.m., our room will probably not be ready. are we able to use the cl lounge from that time or do we have to wait for check in? also we are only staying one night so ME probably will not be till 3 p.m., will we be able to use the lounge till then or does it stop at check out?
tia

Yes, you may use the lounge from the moment you check in! On check-out day, you are given lounge access until 10pm (their closing time)! Enjoy!!! :cloud9:

Hello!! We are staying AKL this November for Thanksgiving. I am thinking about making an ADR for Boma for Thanksgiving dinner. Did anyone eat there for Thanksgiving before? How was it? My kids are NOT adventuresome eaters so was there a good balance?
Thanks!! =))))

Staying this August! If my husband joins us, he will have to work from the resort. Can anyone comment on how reliable the wifi is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter