• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Kathy,

David and I are doing great. We are very busy lately it seems. Can't complain we are very blessed.

Almost vacation time for us, so getting ready for that.

Yay for vaca!:cool1::cool1: Is this the one where you go see the European Christmas markets?

Our magic bands are being customized today and should be in the mail in the next couple of days. :dance3:

I bought some magic bandits for husband as a surprise. He loves Nightmare Before Christmas so I thought they'd look cool on his orange band. I ordered a yellow band so I could put some of the minnie mouse bandits on there. Also got those bitbands so they don't fall off.

We somehow forgot to book Magical Express -- just filled out the form. 30 days until our trip. AAAH. Cannot wait.

All of the pictures are making me super excited. I can't wait to see the tree!!!

I just wanted to pop in and join the party! DH and I are taking an adults only trip to the world and staying in a value studio at Jambo....we lucked into a great deal renting DVC points ($118/night!). We will be there from Jan 18-25. We have stayed in a savannah room at both Jambo and Kidani in the past but never without the kiddos. We are FINALLY going to eat at Jiko.

I just wanted to pop in and join the party! DH and I are taking an adults only trip to the world and staying in a value studio at Jambo....we lucked into a great deal renting DVC points ($118/night!). We will be there from Jan 18-25. We have stayed in a savannah room at both Jambo and Kidani in the past but never without the kiddos. We are FINALLY going to eat at Jiko.

Love Jiko, have you considered splurging and doing the Wanyama safari for that Jiko meal?

Our magic bands are being customized today and should be in the mail in the next couple of days. :dance3:

I bought some magic bandits for husband as a surprise. He loves Nightmare Before Christmas so I thought they'd look cool on his orange band. I ordered a yellow band so I could put some of the minnie mouse bandits on there. Also got those bitbands so they don't fall off.

We somehow forgot to book Magical Express -- just filled out the form. 30 days until our trip. AAAH. Cannot wait.

All of the pictures are making me super excited. I can't wait to see the tree!!!

Don't get your hopes up. Ours were being customized on November 5th, and still haven't arrived. Supposedly next week.

We are leaving today for home. This was our first stay at AKL and we loved it. We are going back in September or October of 2015 and we are planning on staying at AKL again, a savannah view this time.

Had no problem with buses, except that leaving parks the AKL ones were always very crowded. We just waited for the next bus and many times, they'd send a second one right away anyway. I think was because of free dining.

I highly recommend the night safari- it was incredible. Got up close and personal with a giraffe- so cool! We did get to see the Christmas tree in the lobby towards the end of the trip-beautiful

We are leaving today for home. This was our first stay at AKL and we loved it. We are going back in September or October of 2015 and we are planning on staying at AKL again, a savannah view this time.

Had no problem with buses, except that leaving parks the AKL ones were always very crowded. We just waited for the next bus and many times, they'd send a second one right away anyway. I think was because of free dining.

I highly recommend the night safari- it was incredible. Got up close and personal with a giraffe- so cool! We did get to see the Christmas tree in the lobby towards the end of the trip-beautiful

Hi - did you get any type of upgrade? We booked standard view for February and we hoping for an upgrade opportunity? We can't swing the cost of savannah view. Was standard view still ok?

We had pool view. I was kind of hoping for an upgrade but I overheard one of the CMs saying that they were at capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter