Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
20141101_212603_zpsc49708ea.jpg

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014 If you have any updates please let me know... 2014 November Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village luvthemouse71, 12th – 22nd, AKL anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL PrettyFlower2, 13th -16th, AKL, Honeymoon. dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL JEAhrtWDW, 20th – 26th, Arusha View Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL NaughtyQueen, 30th – Dec 6th, AKL December saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL NaughtyQueen, Nov 30th – 6th, AKL mmafan, 1st - 10th, AKL Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL BLTLDZ, 3rd – 8th, AKL jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL Geminierin, 4th – 10th, AKL ItsOnlyMoney, 4th – 13th, AKL Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL Abbydancer, 6th – 15th, Kidani DevonsDisneyMom, 7th-12th, AKL disney2014plan, 10th -14th, AKL tiggrbaby, 11th – 14th, POP LvsTnk, 13th – 22nd, AKL Cruzergirl, 14th – 22nd, Jambo House jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL krismanda, 16th – 23rd, AKL RachelTori, 20th – 26th, BCV Courtneybeth, 21st – 27th, AKV 2015 January Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL Mama Steph, 2nd – 6th, AKL DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL Mariethecat, 17th – 24th, AKL Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL C2disney, 20th – 24th, AKL ssmurphy28, 21st – 31st, AKL tlovesdis, 22nd – 27th, AKL suemom2kay, 24th –31st, Kidani hdrolfe, 30th – feb 8th, AKL February hdrolfe, Jan 30th – 8th, AKL Victoriasmom98, 4th – 9th, Kidani CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo March Jeniie, Feb 25th – 10th, AKL Jambo Srauchbauer, 4th – 9th, AKL April Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL May DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden) ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani Dolphingirl47, 11th – 14th, BCV June ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL July Denamac, 20th -26th , Jambo CL August Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL September October LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL November December

I'm visiting september 15th to 22nd with my husband! AKL.

We will be there November 20-30 AKL Jambo House!

November
Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL
disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village
luvthemouse71, 12th – 22nd, AKL
anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL
PrettyFlower2, 13th -16th, AKL, Honeymoon.
dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani
wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL
JEAhrtWDW, 20th – 26th, Arusha View
Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL
Octoberbaby, 20th – 30th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani
Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL
NaughtyQueen, 30th – Dec 6th, AKL

Great thread, thanks everyone! Has anyone had a custom cake delivered to their room? If so, how far in advance did you order? I've seen conflicting advice on the Internet. We'll be there from the 19-27 and i'd love to be added to the list!

Do they TVs have DVD players and/or what children's channels do they get?

....gosh, I was just there, and I don't quite remember about the DVD players...:confused3 I know that there was at least 2 Disney channels, not including the Disney resorts/parks channels....

Do they TVs have DVD players and/or what children's channels do they get?

the tvs in club level and dvc rooms have dvd players. I don't believe the standard akl rooms do. as for channels i think all the disney resorts get the same ones. I remember disney jr.

the tvs in club level and dvc rooms have dvd players. I don't believe the standard akl rooms do. as for channels i think all the disney resorts get the same ones. I remember disney jr.

Perfect, thank you! We are CL, and disney jr. would also be a hit!

....gosh, I was just there, and I don't quite remember about the DVD players...:confused3 I know that there was at least 2 Disney channels, not including the Disney resorts/parks channels....

Perfect, thank you! We are CL, and disney jr. would also be a hit!

....yup, one was definitely Disney jr. and the other channel was showing old Disney cartoons....

Thanks!

And while I know this has been discussed elsewhere already, I can't find it at the moment. When does AKL start to decorate for Christmas?

....yup, one was definitely Disney jr. and the other channel was showing old Disney cartoons....

OMG, that brings back memories! I can remember my now 21 YO DS loving "Lambert, the Sheepish Lion." I had a hard time dragging him away!:rotfl:

....however, we almost missed our ADR at the Yachtsman because of the excess wait time for one of the 'friend ships' from DHS to the BC/YC/BW area...:headache:

....we took a bus from AKL to DHS and walked around to the boat landing that would ultimately take us past S/D and to the BW area. It was more than a 20-minute wait and we were the 4th/5 persons in line for the NEXT boat (JUST missed getting on that one that did arrive) and the CM told us that the next one wasn't due for another 15-20 minutes! Well, we wound up walking to the BW! :mad: :badpc:
Hi, first post here, been stalking for awhile!! Going for our 30th anniversary 1/31-2/6, trying to ADR a great place for special night....how was the Yachtsman? I'm seeing mixed reviews. We are on DDP, so it's 2 credits, but menu looks good....do you recommend or should we try somewhere else? We are staying at AKL for first time, trying Boma on arrival night. Thanks for any help, it's appreciated :-)

Hi, first post here, been stalking for awhile!! Going for our 30th anniversary 1/31-2/6, trying to ADR a great place for special night....how was the Yachtsman? I'm seeing mixed reviews. We are on DDP, so it's 2 credits, but menu looks good....do you recommend or should we try somewhere else? We are staying at AKL for first time, trying Boma on arrival night. Thanks for any help, it's appreciated :-)

.....our meal was fabulous, the view [of BC/YC pool] was awesome, and the service was impeccable. I had reservations also, since there were so many mixed reviews, but we were very pleasantly surprised. I truthfully didn't regret having dinner there and I would do it again. Of course, we enjoyed an even BETTER meal at Jiko!

.....our meal was fabulous, the view [of BC/YC pool] was awesome, and the service was impeccable. I had reservations also, since there were so many mixed reviews, but we were very pleasantly surprised. I truthfully didn't regret having dinner there and I would do it again. Of course, we enjoyed an even BETTER meal at Jiko!

Yeah!!! Thank you so much, this is great news, I'm booking it now...and going to book Jiko too. Awesome :cool1:

...7:05 open, does this give us time to get to illuminations at 9?

Thanks again!

Yeah!!! Thank you so much, this is great news, I'm booking it now...and going to book Jiko too. Awesome :cool1:

...7:05 open, does this give us time to get to illuminations at 9?

Thanks again!

....that's cutting it close. We had a 7:15 ADR at Rose and Crown and had just finished dinner (didn't even get to order dessert yet) when Illuminations started. Of course, we had 'front row seats' so to speak - we were seated at an outdoor table for 4 facing the lake....remember, we didn't have to go anywhere - we were seated right there. You'll have to account for time to walk over to Epcot from BC/YC. I suggest arriving for your ressies at least 15 minutes ahead of time. Perhaps they may be able to seat you a bit earlier....

...nice! We will arrive early and see what they can do for us :). Thanks for all your help, this is a GREAT blog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter