Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have a trip to Disney planned for Jan 30 - Feb 8th, and was going to stay at Coronado Springs but of course couldn't get a std room... so since the price was the same (for business class king there) I decided to switch to AKL (ok it was like $200 more or something for the 9 nights but any way!) I will have my 5-year-old son with me, our first trip to Disney and we are both very excited! I booked a reservation for us at Jiko for one of the nights, he wants a place to dress up at :) hopefully it will be kid friendly enough that he'll find something to eat. Either way, looking forward to our first (of hopefully many) trip!

Considering AKL for my next visit, but am hearing how the rooms are very dark and spread out. Any good feedback to share?

Hi all. We'll be staying at AKL for the first time 11/30-12/6 (CAN'T WAIT!). I'm debating doing online check-in.

What is everyone's thoughts about resort online check-in? Do you miss out on anything by doing this? Does it seem to increase or decrease the possibility of your room being ready early? We will probably get to the hotel around 12-1pm and I'm really hoping our room will be ready.

Also can you help me with room location request suggestions? We have a pool view room reserved and I"m hoping for a decent view that isn't just trees. We will be renting a car so being close to the parking lot is more important that the bus stops. Being close to The Mara would be nice too. Any suggestions on what I should request? Thanks!!!

Hello! I have a trip to Disney planned for Jan 30 - Feb 8th, and was going to stay at Coronado Springs but of course couldn't get a std room... so since the price was the same (for business class king there) I decided to switch to AKL (ok it was like $200 more or something for the 9 nights but any way!) I will have my 5-year-old son with me, our first trip to Disney and we are both very excited! I booked a reservation for us at Jiko for one of the nights, he wants a place to dress up at :) hopefully it will be kid friendly enough that he'll find something to eat. Either way, looking forward to our first (of hopefully many) trip!

January
Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL
Mama Steph, 2nd – 6th, AKL
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL
Mariethecat, 17th – 24th, AKL
Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL
ssmurphy28, 21st – 31st, AKL
tlovesdis, 22nd – 27th, AKL
suemom2kay, 24th –31st, Kidani
hdrolfe, 30th – feb 8th, AKL

Hi all. We'll be staying at AKL for the first time 11/30-12/6 (CAN'T WAIT!). I'm debating doing online check-in.

What is everyone's thoughts about resort online check-in? Do you miss out on anything by doing this? Does it seem to increase or decrease the possibility of your room being ready early? We will probably get to the hotel around 12-1pm and I'm really hoping our room will be ready.

Also can you help me with room location request suggestions? We have a pool view room reserved and I"m hoping for a decent view that isn't just trees. We will be renting a car so being close to the parking lot is more important that the bus stops. Being close to The Mara would be nice too. Any suggestions on what I should request? Thanks!!!
November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Disney Mom12, Oct 26th – 4th, AKL CL
Kimmar067, Oct 29th – 2nd, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 1st – 8th, AKV
YoYoAurora, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
RachelTori, 2nd – 8th, BWV
John's Mom, 4th -6th, Port Orleans – Riverside
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
LMO429, 5th – 9th, Kidani Village
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 6th – 10th, Poly CL
Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL
disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village
luvthemouse71, 12th – 22nd, AKL
anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani
wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL
JEAhrtWDW, 20th – 26th, Arusha View
Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani
Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL
NaughtyQueen, 30th – Dec 6th, AKL

Hi everyone!

We have an ADR at Sanaa at 5:45pm, what time should we be in line for the bus from Jambo to Kidani to make our ADR time? And is it possible to walk over to Kidani? (this is our first AKL stay) TIA!

Hi everyone!

We have an ADR at Sanaa at 5:45pm, what time should we be in line for the bus from Jambo to Kidani to make our ADR time? And is it possible to walk over to Kidani? (this is our first AKL stay) TIA!

You are better off walking, it is a 10 to 15 minute walk. All of the buses go to Kidani first then to Jambo except DTD bus.

Honeymoon trip for us so soon after our wedding in Jamaica! Nov 13th-16th! Can't wait, it will be our first time staying there.

Just booked our spa appointments at the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center - we're at 48 days and counting until we arrive. Very excited to get a little pampering on our first day at the resort... massage for husband and the citris facial for me!

We've decided to not do anything our first day except enjoy both Jambo and Kidani - touring the lobbies and maybe doing some of the onsite activities. Breakfast in bed, lunch at Mara, dinner at Jiko and then enjoying one of the movies by the pool to close out our evening.

I'm getting more excited each day as I get closer to my vacation. Staying on property really has made this more magical... and it's at Christmas! :woohoo:

Hi everyone!

You are better off walking, it is a 10 to 15 minute walk. All of the buses go to Kidani first then to Jambo except DTD bus.

You could also take the shuttle van over (or back) if you do not feel like walking. I feel like they ran very frequently (maybe every 15 minutes or less?)

We are staying at another Disney Resort on property, but wanted to bring the 3 toddlers by to experience AKL and what is has to offer (before buying our AKL contract). Can anyone suggest what there is available at AKL for a 3, 2, and 1 year old? I want to make sure that we love it before making this our our new "home". I've tried scrolling through the thread(s) and there is so much between all of them that I haven't been able to read every post.

Staying at AKL Jan 20-24 first time staying on Disney Property! What is a must see/do at the resort with my 2 year old princess?

Staying at AKL from Jan 20-24 .. First time staying on Disney property!!
What is a must see / do on at the hotel for my 2 year old ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter