Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jambo Larger pool, very small Slide...
Kidani Smaller pool, but way longer slide....

Both pool bars, are very good as well.. FWIW

You may use dining credits until midnight of your check out day for the stay that had the dining plan. If that is the same day you are checking in to AKL, then you are good. We have had great "standard" views at AKL so I hope you get one too!

Not trying to be discouraging, but Len Testa (the brains behind touring plans) has specifically said on multiple podcasts not to enter any room requests at all on Disney online check in if you are using the touring plans fax service. I think it is the "keep it simple" mindset.
I wonder then if I should choose one over the other then.

Jambo Larger pool, very small Slide...
Kidani Smaller pool, but way longer slide....

Both pool bars, are very good as well.. FWIW

Will the Jambo pool/slide be boring for a 9 year old? Our last few trips have been at the Boardwalk and that water slide is pretty awesome.

Who knows if it will be warm enough while we are there!

Thanks!

Will the Jambo pool/slide be boring for a 9 year old? Our last few trips have been at the Boardwalk and that water slide is pretty awesome.

Thanks!
My nearly 9 year old enjoyed it, especially at night. He also loved the size of the pool at Jambo House.

I wonder then if I should choose one over the other then.

We have had excellent luck with the touring plans room requests (down to the precise room number once) especially at AKL (both Kidani and Jambo) so I would go that route. I do always edit (I believe the link is labeled "configure fax") and specify what my highest priority is - at AKL that's always "any partial savanna view" since we've only booked standard. Worst case scenario you get a room text for a room you don't like, simply visit the desk and see if they can accommodate you. The CMs at AKL are my favorite of any Disney resort. They always seem so happy when they can accommodate your room request. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip :)

I have coffee questions...with my daughter's inclination to sometimes sleep "late"...until 6...I need to be prepared. :) We'll be buying the refillable mugs but I'm going to need to make a first cup in the room until we're ready to go down to fill them. We're staying in a savanna view room...what kind of coffee pot is provided? Do they provide reasonably good coffee/stuff to put in it or should I plan on putting the creamer packets (you know, those shelf-stable cups) in my suitcase? What about at the Mara? Do they have non-dairy creamer there? (and, as my grandmother would say, would it be ok to take a few extras for the next morning?) Thanks for the help - I can't believe we're 3 months away!!

We have had excellent luck with the touring plans room requests (down to the precise room number once) especially at AKL (both Kidani and Jambo) so I would go that route. I do always edit (I believe the link is labeled "configure fax") and specify what my highest priority is - at AKL that's always "any partial savanna view" since we've only booked standard. Worst case scenario you get a room text for a room you don't like, simply visit the desk and see if they can accommodate you. The CMs at AKL are my favorite of any Disney resort. They always seem so happy when they can accommodate your room request. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip :)
I went back and put on my touring plans fax "any partial savanna view" as my only request. I think I am going to tell my TA to put that on my reservation as well. But since I won't be able to put that on my online check-in, I am going to forgo online check-in this time.

I went back and put on my touring plans fax "any partial savanna view" as my only request. I think I am going to tell my TA to put that on my reservation as well. But since I won't be able to put that on my online check-in, I am going to forgo online check-in this time.

Pretty sure you can do online check-in without adding requests..

Thanks!
Eh..Hard to say....Our kids Love the BWV/Clown slide as well...

They'll like it , because THE POOL IS AWESOME, but they may get a lil bored TBH....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter