• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Online Check In Question!
I searched through this thread and I couldn't find this answer. If it is here, I apologize!
When you do online check in, there are typically 2 different groups of choices you can pick from. Can someone tell me what choices are in each group?

For example last year we stayed in Music. I remember choices such as Calypso pool, ground floor, etc.
Thanks!

Online Check In Question!
I searched through this thread and I couldn't find this answer. If it is here, I apologize!
When you do online check in, there are typically 2 different groups of choices you can pick from. Can someone tell me what choices are in each group?

For example last year we stayed in Music. I remember choices such as Calypso pool, ground floor, etc.
Thanks!
Mine says ground floor or near pool for a standard room

Can anyone tell me what kind of coffee makers are in the room? Keurig? Pod-style?
We also asked for extra regular since they only come every other day and it’s either 2-3 regular and 2-3 decaf pods per refill. They brought over like 5 of each when we asked. We grabbed sugar in the raw and non regular flavored cream from the cafe for our coffee stash.

Until BB reopens (and reports are it is opening soon thankfully), this impacts transpo to Winter Summerland mini golf. When I was at Sports a few weeks ago, there was no direct bus to BB and so no bus to use my Winter Summerland golf coupons. I opted to try Fantasia mini golf instead. It's a real transportation odyssey compared to the ease of the direct bus to BB. Just something to keep in mind when BB has it's seasonal closure.

Until BB reopens (and reports are it is opening soon thankfully), this impacts transpo to Winter Summerland mini golf. When I was at Sports a few weeks ago, there was no direct bus to BB and so no bus to use my Winter Summerland golf coupons. I opted to try Fantasia mini golf instead. It's a real transportation odyssey compared to the ease of the direct bus to BB. Just something to keep in mind when BB has it's seasonal closure.
Oh, I didn't think about winter summerland in that prior question about direct BB bus.

I think the past 3 trips of mini golf coupons, we haven't used, mostly due to the BB long refurb... but we typically go to the parks every day, unless in laws are with us and then we're forced to spend a few days at the water parks. I believe my coupons from Sept. are good until 12/31/24, though we won't use them.

The last time we went, which was years ago, I was able to get the low score of the day with the Disney golf ball prize for getting a 2 on each hole except 3 hole in ones. I have never been that zoned in for putt putt... not to brag or anything! Always thought about trying Fantasia and never have, even while staying near Boardwalk.

I feel like a good chance of a direct bus to BB once open, despite not being like that in the past. Before when there was TL and BB, it was AK/BB bus stop, and they obviously stopped having the connection from AK. They can convert TL to BB/DS since TL is going on refurb. indefinitely, and hopefully they don't make everyone get off at DS and do a connection there to BB rather than taking you directly to BB, since they stopped making you connect at DS for TL recently. If you look at a map, BB is about 1 mile away from Sports on Buena Vista Dr, and directly on the way to DS. Even if bus driver stops first at DS if he/she asks and most everyone is going to DS, they could stop at BB on the way back to pick up more people at Sports.

I guess we will find out soon. Doubt we see both TL and BB open together anytime soon. While they have, in the past, wanted guests to go to water parks to spread out the crowds from the 4 parks, park crowds are lower than they expected lately, and they're trying to keep operating costs down by having just one water park open on a rotating basis. And presumably the one open water park hasn't been over crowded for them.

Opinion article on if the 2 water parks will be open together:
https://insidethemagic.net/2023/10/...y, it doesn't seem,season on November 5, 2024.

Has anyone gotten a case of water lately. Do you remember how much you paid?

We always bring our water, most recently we brought Gatorade. Not everyone can/wants to pack that much weight. We just used our britta filtered bottle we take into parks for refill water for the room. We bought a new one that seems to work well.

When we were retrieving bags from bell services, saw people doing a delivery order with a case of water. I’ve never done grocery delivery, but that’s an option, with the Amazon, Walmarts, Publix, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter