• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm beginning to think/worry Disney will move us for our May 15 girls trip. To be clear, I have no information to back this thought up. I've just been stalking reservations and not a single room in any category (I have an AP) is available for any date until the 21st. While I'm not opposed to being moved, I was really looking forward to staying here. Has anybody with an upcoming stay heard from Disney about being moved?

We have a reservation on 4/4 and haven’t heard anything yet. However there are rooms available showing for that week still so thinking they’re still on schedule to open end of month?

From someone who has worked at WDW for more than 10 years, I got two possible explanations for being required to switch locations.

The first is that what we booked was a "preferred king/double with roll-in shower" and that the preferred section would still be under renovation at that time so they moved us.

The second (and more likely) is that the renovations will all be completed by then and that this room category is being eliminated as part of the renovations. It will be replaced by a queen/queen table bed with a transfer shower. That is what happened when the other All Stars, Pop Century, Riverside and French Quarter had full renovations.

Because the room we booked had a very unusual layout, Disney moved us to an AOA suite as it most closely matched those features.

I have a King accessible with roll in shower room reserved for May15-20 and haven't been contacted yet, also stayed in the same room at ASMU at the beginning of Feb., though it wasn't preferred (Jazz section).

Did anyone come up with a def way to request a room location? We haven’t been in a while and last time we could get pretty specific and I don’t remember how. Like at Pop, I literally knew the room number I wanted. Now, the online check in only offers the options of ”near pool” and such.
It is just me & DD and was hoping to get close to buses and food court. Was going to request those facing sides of building 9 or 10 - how does that sound to you Sports experts? Do not have preferred. I think we got lucky to grab a standard room.

Did anyone come up with a def way to request a room location? We haven’t been in a while and last time we could get pretty specific and I don’t remember how. Like at Pop, I literally knew the room number I wanted. Now, the online check in only offers the options of ”near pool” and such.
It is just me & DD and was hoping to get close to buses and food court. Was going to request those facing sides of building 9 or 10 - how does that sound to you Sports experts? Do not have preferred. I think we got lucky to grab a standard room.
9&10 are great, I always ask for homerun! Though I'm more of a quiet person so I ask for parking side. I've been real lucky in the past and have gotten them, but I go through touring plans as well. The one time it didn't work out I just nicely went to the front desk and asked if anything was available in those two buildings, they looked and there was!! Never hurts to ask!! Good luck and have a wonderful trip!!

I have a King accessible with roll in shower room reserved for May15-20 and haven't been contacted yet, also stayed in the same room at ASMU at the beginning of Feb., though it wasn't preferred (Jazz section).

You should be fine. During the renovations Disney has kept the King accessible with roll in shower rooms. It is only the king/double that has been renovated into queen/queen table beds with transfer shower. The king and king/double were two separate booking categories.

Ok. Trying to book a resort online and looking at the All-Stars. In the category it states either two queens or a king. It will be three adults going...what is probability/possibility of getting a king room instead of two queens?

Ok. Trying to book a resort online and looking at the All-Stars. In the category it states either two queens or a king. It will be three adults going...what is probability/possibility of getting a king room instead of two queens?
VERY small.

If somehow you are assigned King,just go to the Front Desk and ask to be moved to 2 Queens-should not be a problem.

Just booked a standard room for May and was wondering if anyone knows if the rooms have coffee makers? I know most of the rooms should be renovated by then. TIA! 😊

WOWSA!!!!

I got a Voicemail from The 407 yesterday and before playing it immediately remembered reading the above Post a few days ago.

Sure enough the Message was that The Mouse needs to discuss a MANDATORY change that will be necessary for our April 23 trip to All-Star Sports!

Just going to throw out a couple of wild GUESSES:

1)The Room Refurb is experiencing unanticipated Supply Chain issues and is WAY behind.

2)Because of the seemingly much better Covid "atmosphere" recently,more Cheerleading Teams than expected by Disney are feeling "comfortable" in attending the many upcoming Cheerleading Competitions therefore requiring more Rooms that expected.

I really can't think of a "for sure" reason.

I think we will just GHOST The Mouse and maybe they will leave us at Sports!lol :)

After TWO YEARS away,I really want to stay there-that is my original WDW Resort-SO MANY MEMORIES!:)
Did they move you to a different resort???

Did they move you to a different resort???
Well...I haven't exactly called them back!lol :)

And they haven't called again-if they do I will go ahead and talk to them and I am sure we will be moved.

But,for now,I am leaving well enough alone!lol

MDE is still showing our Reservation is for All-Star Sports.

Maybe they have reached their "number" of needed moves.

I REALLY want to stay at my original Resort after TWO LONG years away!

Just booked a standard room for May and was wondering if anyone knows if the rooms have coffee makers? I know most of the rooms should be renovated by then. TIA! 😊

we just stayed at movies and they had coffee makers. They were the pods not the kcups like at yacht club. I’d assume the other values would all be the same.

Anyone going to be there the first day/week they reopen? Would love to hear how it looks and how the stay is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter