Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Coffee is one of my major food groups LOL. This year, I am bringing the iced coffee mix that Starbucks makes. I think that will work out pretty well since its only me and a 3 year old. I can't just mosey on up to the food court to get some when I first wake up and I don't want to have to fly with a coffee maker. Plus, September is SUPER hot so iced coffee will be nice :)

What time of the year? In August you may have afternoon thunderstorms, so you may want to hit the water park early then head back after lunch, shower & then do a park.

I love free QSDP! It's great with kids! You can have so much flexibility!

The bus service seems great, but a car would be better since you may be wet! Those busses can really crank the A/C and it's brutal!
We are going in August. I forgot about those afternoon thunderstorms.

I'm excited for a future stay here. I've heard overwhelmingly good things about AS Sports not only on this thread but many other places on the Boards. Specifically, I've heard the CMs are friendly and many of them long term at Sports so return guests get to know many of them by name. Superior busing is another plus. So much of our happiness with any WDW resort depends on our own attitude and what we bring with us to the experience. For those who are booking AS Sports after stays at Mods, know that once I stayed Value I never went back to a Mod. Price is a big issue but also my reality that I never really used the extra Mod amenities when I was in the parks all day. I also found the busing at the Values to be much, much faster than the multiple stops at many of the Mods. So no worries if you are going to a Value for the first time. Kudos to the moderator here and other veteran posters who answer so many questions of Sports newbies! Thanks again for your work :-)

For those who are booking AS Sports after stays at Mods, know that once I stayed Value I never went back to a Mod.
I agree-some Guests just really do prefer Values to Mods.:)

And the difference in amenities from the Mods continues to grow smaller at Sports with the addition of Fridges a while back and the recent addition of Pool Towels.

Also,Sports now allows 24/7 access to the Beverage Island-not sure if the Mods allow that.:)

Hey everyone. Went to the dr's yesterday, they have Saturday clinic hours. She gave me a zpac, so hopefully I will be good to go by next Sunday.

Here at Sports now, came back from Hollywood Studios at 1030pm and found a HUGE roach on the floor by a bed. We tried to kill it but it ran behind the bed. We just could not sleep in the room so went to front desk and the CM could have cared less about our change of room request. We stood our ground and got a new room, no assistance was offered from front desk in moving and the CM didn't even offer any apologies. Earlier today we had a problem with luggage services. We waited for our bags to transfer after our resort hop, after checking with them a second time, they "found" our bags and admitted they probably had them all along. We finally got our bags into our room at 6pm after checking in at 3pm. Are these issues normal for Sports? Should I ask to speak to a manager? This is not the quality I expect from Disney.

Here at Sports now, came back from Hollywood Studios at 1030pm and found a HUGE roach on the floor by a bed. We tried to kill it but it ran behind the bed. We just could not sleep in the room so went to front desk and the CM could have cared less about our change of room request. We stood our ground and got a new room, no assistance was offered from front desk in moving and the CM didn't even offer any apologies. Earlier today we had a problem with luggage services. We waited for our bags to transfer after our resort hop, after checking with them a second time, they "found" our bags and admitted they probably had them all along. We finally got our bags into our room at 6pm after checking in at 3pm. Are these issues normal for Sports? Should I ask to speak to a manager? This is not the quality I expect from Disney.
If you don't want to "waste" precious vacation time(since you now have your new room and have your luggage)tracking down a Manager,etc,,you can always take a few minutes and send a DETAILED(CM names,times of incidents,etc.) to Guest Communications.

They WILL respond and it may be even better for Disney to see a complaint in writing so they have a "record".

Just another option to consider.

8741795993_0aa21d7177_b.jpg

Definitely. If they don't know about these things, they can't make it right. It's easier to correct these things while you are still there. And hopefully you have the name of the unhelpful CM.
Thank you for replying, wasn't sure if I was just being picky but we have stayed in many, many Disney resorts (including Sports a few times) and NEVER saw a roach in our room. I will be speaking to a manager.

If you don't want to "waste" precious vacation time(since you now have your new room and have your luggage)tracking down a Manager,etc,,you can always take a few minutes and send a DETAILED(CM names,times of incidents,etc.) to Guest Communications.

They WILL respond and it may be even better for Disney to see a complaint in writing so they have a "record".

Just another option to consider.
Thank you! Wasn't aware of this email. Appreciate you posting this!

Disney resorts (including Sports a few times) and NEVER saw a roach in our room. I will be speaking to a manager.
Roaches can possibly occasionally be found at ANY WDW Resort from the GF on down-it's Florida!

The problem is the CMs response to your concern.

Roaches can possibly occasionally be found at ANY WDW Resort from the GF on down-it's Florida!

The problem is the CMs response to your concern.
Exactly! I was less upset about the roach in the room and more frustrated by the CM's nonchalant attitude to my concerns. She initially wanted to send pest control to spray the room. I was not about to be breathing in chemicals all night long so was firm with my request to change rooms. I just sent an email to the address you provided so we can go about and enjoy our day. Thanks again for posting it!

Last September when I checked in and went to my room, I saw ants in the room.

I used the phone in the room and called the front desk

Asst manager came right away to check it out

All taken care of immediately
My experience was opposite of yours so I'm shocked they acted the way they did to you!

Yes!
Send them a detailed email while you are there.
Disney slipped in this situation of yours and Steve the manager of all 3 movie/ music/sports should be aware of it

How many groups of kids tend to be at Sports in November? So far there don't seem to be any and I don't know if that will change the closer we get to those dates.

Thank you @WEDWDW again for the email address. I was contacted by one of the managers and he acknowledged what happened was not an appropriate CM response and would be taking action. He was very understanding and knowledgeable about the resort and wanted to make sure that we had a pleasant vacation. We were very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Thank you @WEDWDW again for the email address. I was contacted by one of the managers and he acknowledged what happened was not an appropriate CM response and would be taking action. He was very understanding and knowledgeable about the resort and wanted to make sure that we had a pleasant vacation. We were very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Excellent! Thanks for keeping us informed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter