• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I have a reservation at All Star Sports in November. I originally thought that driving home to Miami on Friday night with a 5 year old was a good idea. :) I've since come to my senses. However, All-Star Sports is completely sold out for the Friday night (November 14).

Anyone know if there is a group taking over the hotel that weekend? I ended up booking that one night at Pop Century. It is what it is, but I'm just curious about the lack of availability.

Hi!!!
I've paid for a privileged room. We'll be using a car and NOW I see the parking lot is not close to the privileged rooms:eek::eek::eek:

So... what would be the best location? I think privileged rooms are in building 1 and 6... I'm looking at a map and I don't see a parking lot near building #6.
I do see one near #1... So should I pray for a room in building #1??:scared1::scared1:

Hi!!!
I've paid for a privileged room. We'll be using a car and NOW I see the parking lot is not close to the privileged rooms:eek::eek::eek:

So... what would be the best location? I think privileged rooms are in building 1 and 6... I'm looking at a map and I don't see a parking lot near building #6.
I do see one near #1... So should I pray for a room in building #1??

You're correct that preferred (what you're calling privileged) rooms are in the Surf's Up section, buildings 1 and 6.

You can call Disney reservations and put in a request for building 1. The request isn't guaranteed, but the room assigners usually do a good job matching your requests, especially if building 1 is your only request.

Forgive me if i didnt see it anywhere else but has All Star Sports completely converted over to duvets in lieu of bedspreads?

Forgive me if i didnt see it anywhere else but has All Star Sports completely converted over to duvets in lieu of bedspreads?

yes it has.

i stayed at Sports Jan 3 this year for a week.
all the rooms have the duvets.

when i was there in october last year, it was spreads.

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a few days because I am so sad. Had to cancel my November trip and reschedule for February. My knee is doing great but I don't know if it will be Disney great by November.

My physical therapist told me that I am trying to rush things. I have been cleared to go back to the gym but can only ride the stationary bike and lift weights for now. They told me that it could take me about 6 months to be completely healed. I want to be able to enjoy my trip but this is a bummer:)

New ticker below:sad::sad:

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a few days because I am so sad. Had to cancel my November trip and reschedule for February. My knee is doing great but I don't know if it will be Disney great by November.

My physical therapist told me that I am trying to rush things. I have been cleared to go back to the gym but can only ride the stationary bike and lift weights for now. They told me that it could take me about 6 months to be completely healed. I want to be able to enjoy my trip but this is a bummer:)

:hug:

i feel so bad for you...

it was at least 6 months for me for complete recovery.
i had the meniscus torn in half besides the knee surgery.

are you wearing a knee brace?
i found that a good thing at the month after surgery.

i know how upsetting it is to cancel a wonderful vacation to the motherland.
but...........you do have a new trip and goal ahead of you and you have something wonderful to look forward to.

don't cry.
you do have a trip coming up, just later than you originally planned.
and it will be a birthday trip for you!!

:hug:

i feel so bad for you...

it was at least 6 months for me for complete recovery.
i had the meniscus torn in half besides the knee surgery.

are you wearing a knee brace?
i found that a good thing at the month after surgery.

i know how upsetting it is to cancel a wonderful vacation to the motherland.
but...........you do have a new trip and goal ahead of you and you have something wonderful to look forward to.

don't cry.
you do have a trip coming up, just later than you originally planned.
and it will be a birthday trip for you!!

Thanks Mac. No brace but I am taking it easy. I tried walking on my breaks at work but even that is a no no right now. I am positive that it will get better. The pain is gone, just working on the conditioning.

We are staying at All Star Sports for first time next week. Very excited! Just curious about bell services.....how much advanced notice do we have to give them on check out day in order for them to pick up our Owners Lockers?

I suspect we will be heading to airport by 9:30am and not sure how their bell services works on departure day there. I just want to make sure that we leave plenty of time for the lockers to be picked up. Do we have to tell them the day before or if I call by 8am will that be okay??

Thanks

We are staying at All Star Sports for first time next week. Very excited! Just curious about bell services.....how much advanced notice do we have to give them on check out day in order for them to pick up our Owners Lockers?

I suspect we will be heading to airport by 9:30am and not sure how their bell services works on departure day there. I just want to make sure that we leave plenty of time for the lockers to be picked up. Do we have to tell them the day before or if I call by 8am will that be okay??

Thanks

I have always been told at the Values, since the have Luggage Assistance instead of "on demand" Bell Services, to call the night before and schedule pickup for the next morning. I have never had a problem doing it this way.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that :( But on a positive note, at least your knee should be doing a lot better by February and you'll be able to go, go, go!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes so excited!!! i made my final payment on my october trip today!! 52 days till my first stay at sports :thumbsup2

does anyone know if sports does any decorating for halloween?

I'm looking forward to my stay at ASSP this October.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting such great pictures and their wonderful reviews!

Yowza. I just, over the course of 3 weeks read all 168 pages. Very excited for first on site stay in jan 2015 :cool1:

Thank you to all for the tips and pics and stories.

Yowza. I just, over the course of 3 weeks read all 168 pages. Very excited for first on site stay in jan 2015 :cool1: Thank you to all for the tips and pics and stories.
Very cool that you read the whole thread. I've only read the last couple of pages. Any pointers?
We'll be staying there this December. We switched from Ft. Wilderness since my parents had to cancel their part. Thing is we're still taking them. My mom doesn't know it yet. We're arriving on 12/17 to go to IOA and US before they arrive on 12/19. At one point we had Caribbean beach booked but some of the reviews were bad.

I know both of these are super old, but perhaps someone knows more...

On our last day I did a walking tour of Sports and Music. I actually ended up preferring Sports theming - seemed more fun - particularly the fun stuff in between each building. Music had more trees. I checked out all 4 pools and the only pool that had piped in music was Music's Piano pool (the quiet one).
E

Does ASSp offer tours? Or did this person just take a personal stroll? I know some resorts offer tours like AKL and WL.

i'm planning to book room only and get the AAA discount this time around.

Is there still a AAAmdiscount? I thought the room rates were reasonable, but if something can make it sweeter...

I also have a disney visa, so if a room discount comes out between now and then I should be able to apply that....

Very cool that you read the whole thread. I've only read the last couple of pages. Any pointers?
We'll be staying there this December. We switched from Ft. Wilderness since my parents had to cancel their part. Thing is we're still taking them. My mom doesn't know it yet. We're arriving on 12/17 to go to IOA and US before they arrive on 12/19. At one point we had Caribbean beach booked but some of the reviews were bad.

For this trip we are just trying to go with the flow and get the on site experience. There are a lot of pointers about what bldg to request, where, what room number, and of course that is never guaranteed. We are just going to go with what we get. If it is awful, then we will speak with a CM, but there we're so many posts about ASSp being compact I'm not worried.

We picked ASSp because it was the cheapest, and figured we should start at a value and as time go on work our way up to mod/deluxe... However after reading this thread it seems like a ton of people love it here, so who knows we may never make it to GF or AKL. :rotfl2:

I know both of these are super old, but perhaps someone knows more...

Does ASSp offer tours? Or did this person just take a personal stroll? I know some resorts offer tours like AKL and WL.

Is there still a AAAmdiscount? I thought the room rates were reasonable, but if something can make it sweeter...

I also have a disney visa, so if a room discount comes out between now and then I should be able to apply that....

i have had 2 visits this year with AAA discounts.
my next trip at the end of this month i also used the AAA discount.
i was told that 2015, AAA not available for january

don't know if any contract will be reestablished for 2015

i have stayed at Asports since it opened.
not familiar with any walking tour by the CMs.
i assume it was a personal stroll the poster was talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter