Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Ok I have stayed here before but can't find the link I need. Does anyone have the link to a map of sports that has the room numbers? The normal map has like 1101-1164...but I want the map that tells exact room numbers of the rooms facing the pool...anyone"?

Deb Wills from Allearsnet posted the following on Facebook just 31 minutes ago:

WDW Value resorts will ALL have free refrigerators in the rooms by the end of April 2012!

Deb Wills from Allearsnet posted the following on Facebook just 31 minutes ago:

WDW Value resorts will ALL have free refrigerators in the rooms by the end of April 2012!

maybe a silly question but does she 'know' they're real fridges (like in the moderates and the fridge swaps) or could they be the "beverage coolers" that people have been talking about (a lot smaller and won't keep things like milk/ yogurt cold enough)??

maybe a silly question but does she 'know' they're real fridges (like in the moderates and the fridge swaps) or could they be the "beverage coolers" that people have been talking about (a lot smaller and won't keep things like milk/ yogurt cold enough)??

I posted exactly what Deb posted on Facebook this morning. She's a very reliable source and I would think that she would have said beverage coolers if that's what they were. I'll keep a watch on Facebook and post more if she does.

Is there anyway to find out if any sports groups will be there on our dates. 5-28-6-7?

Also, have they put in the privacy curtains in the sink area that the POP has:confused3

hey we'll be there at the same time May 6th (maybe arriving late the 5th) - 11th - just a quickie trip!

It's our first stay at Sports and I"m looking forward to it!

Question DD loves the look of the football section and wants to stay there - I like to aim for a quieter/ less crowded section yet one that is close to Music (in case we decide to hop back to that Food Court).

Comments/ Suggestions?

baseball would be near the parking lot. it is a quiet building and quiet pool.
you would walk thru the football field to get to the main building at sports.

if you stand outside the lobby / main building, football 7 & 10 will be to the left of that building.
baseball is left of football buildings.

Looks like my family that will 10 of us will be staying here in September for Free Dining! I have just a few questions!

1. We only paid for standard rooms, how far out are we going to be?

2. How are the buses during what should be a slower time?

3. Any recent refurbs? New televisions or bedding like the other values?

4. Any other great information you would like to share? :cool1:

only surfs up 2 buildings are preferred.
all other buildings are standard.

Ok I have stayed here before but can't find the link I need. Does anyone have the link to a map of sports that has the room numbers? The normal map has like 1101-1164...but I want the map that tells exact room numbers of the rooms facing the pool...anyone"?

i have a map but not sure where it is right now.
i'll make a point to look for it this weekend and come back to post about it.
i know the link you are talking about.

Is there anyway to find out if any sports groups will be there on our dates. 5-28-6-7?

Also, have they put in the privacy curtains in the sink area that the POP has:confused3

no privacy curtains the last time i was there.
oct '11.

i don't know about sports groups dates for the resort.
sorry.

Thank you, I called Disney and found out that the ones facing the pool are 01-10 and 50 something to 64.....HOWEVER I just switched to POP...our fav so I won't be needing the map for Sports...Thank you soo much!!:thumbsup2

Thank you, I called Disney and found out that the ones facing the pool are 01-10 and 50 something to 64.....HOWEVER I just switched to POP...our fav so I won't be needing the map for Sports...Thank you soo much!!:thumbsup2

thanks for the heads up.
i'll stop looking for it now....:goodvibes

I'm not sure about sports groups, but the Girl Scouts 100th anniversary event is that weekend (5/26 & 27 with optional extra activities on the 25th & 28th) and ASSp is the only value choice for the group rate, so there will likely be some Girl Scout troops and families for the first part of your stay.

Does anyone know if Sports hsd been refurb'd recently? I seem to recall reading about it somewhere, but now I cant find it...

We're getting ready for our first stay at ASSp from June 3rd-9th. We've only stayed at POP before, and I have a couple of quick questions. I apologize, as I am sure these have been answered before, but it's hard to look through 84 pages! :)

1) Is there any kind of kiddie pool like POP has? My kids are 7, 4, and 19 months at the time we go, and I loved the POP pool and Goofy jets for them to play in safely.

2) My ODS is an avid b-ball player, so I'm leaning toward the Hoops section. It looked like if we requested the end nearest the main building it wouldn't be too bad of a walk to the food court and busses...is this right? Is it fairly quiet there?

We're getting ready for our first stay at ASSp from June 3rd-9th. We've only stayed at POP before, and I have a couple of quick questions. I apologize, as I am sure these have been answered before, but it's hard to look through 84 pages! :)

1) Is there any kind of kiddie pool like POP has? My kids are 7, 4, and 19 months at the time we go, and I loved the POP pool and Goofy jets for them to play in safely.

2) My ODS is an avid b-ball player, so I'm leaning toward the Hoops section. It looked like if we requested the end nearest the main building it wouldn't be too bad of a walk to the food court and busses...is this right? Is it fairly quiet there?

Yes there is a little round kiddie pool behind the surf's up pool. You should walk past it going from the hoops section to the main hall. The goofy jets at Pop have been taken out and no longer work and ASsp does not have them.

The ASsp resort is the most compact of all the resorts so all the buildings are a lot closer than what they are at Pop. Hoops is not far at all from main hall it is sideways on the end of the one Surf's up building so esentially you walk the length of the Surfs up building and the main buidling is right there. The length of the buidlings at the All stars are shorter than those at Pop as well. I think they are shorter by like 4 rooms. It should be quiet at hoops but that is all relative to how quiet the people staying at that time choose to be.

HTH

Yes there is a little round kiddie pool behind the surf's up pool. You should walk past it going from the hoops section to the main hall. The goofy jets at Pop have been taken out and no longer work and ASsp does not have them.

The ASsp resort is the most compact of all the resorts so all the buildings are a lot closer than what they are at Pop. Hoops is not far at all from main hall it is sideways on the end of the one Surf's up building so esentially you walk the length of the Surfs up building and the main buidling is right there. The length of the buidlings at the All stars are shorter than those at Pop as well. I think they are shorter by like 4 rooms. It should be quiet at hoops but that is all relative to how quiet the people staying at that time choose to be.

HTH

Awesome, thank you! I know my son will love the theming of Sports, but with our 19 month old, swimming would be a lot less fun without a kiddie pool for her to splash around in. Is it comparable to the POP kiddie pool? My boys loved that one, and I can't seem to find any pictures of this Sports kiddie pool anywhere. Thanks for the advice on the Hoops section...I love the idea of the more compact resort...we found POP to be really big and hard to get around with small kids (plus we were in the 90s section, far away from everything!). Thanks so much!

Awesome, thank you! I know my son will love the theming of Sports, but with our 19 month old, swimming would be a lot less fun without a kiddie pool for her to splash around in. Is it comparable to the POP kiddie pool? My boys loved that one, and I can't seem to find any pictures of this Sports kiddie pool anywhere. Thanks for the advice on the Hoops section...I love the idea of the more compact resort...we found POP to be really big and hard to get around with small kids (plus we were in the 90s section, far away from everything!). Thanks so much!

To be honest I have only walked past both kiddie pools since my son is a teenager. I know they are both round and small that is about it. Sports might be a bit smaller. There are pictures out there somewhere. I would just google all start sports kiddie pool to try and find them.

With the 90's section at Pop the key is to walk across the parking lot which can be an obsticle course in survival at times. Then go across the front of the resort to get where your going . I don't think it is really that much further than most areas of POP besides the 60's and the prefered 70's rooms really. Well unless you are on the furthest end of 90's or 80's. Pop is just a lot bigger and more spread out than ASsp. I think the funest looking kiddie pool in the values is at the ASmo though.

Anyone have any word as to when the bev coolers/mini fridges/whatever they're being called are being installed at Sports? We'll be checking in March 31 and would LOVE to take the $ I have earmarked for fridge cost and put it in the extra $ envelope! I know Pop is on the schedule right now, but haven't seen a schedule for the other values, so was just wondering. TIA!!

Any word on wi-fi at Sports yet? I saw it is up and running at Pop so I assume it's jsut a matter of time until it rolls out to the All-Stars.

First time staying at ASSp, got $89/night rate(w/o taxes/fees), is that a good price or should I keep looking? Doing this the first time, help appreciated! Staying 4/22-27

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter