Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

anyone know if there's anywhere to run at all starsports? i know some of the places have 1 mile or so places to run - i know, sounds crazy to do something like that on vacay.....may be worth it to take a run and get out of that small room with dh and boys!!!

anyone know if there's anywhere to run at all starsports? i know some of the places have 1 mile or so places to run - i know, sounds crazy to do something like that on vacay.....may be worth it to take a run and get out of that small room with dh and boys!!!

Yes according to my passporter there are marked paths for walks and jobs.

So, run Kell, run!

Hi :wave:

I read back quite a bit and everyone has made this thread very informative, thanks.

My family is going for a mini trip at the end of August for free dining Aug 25-28 and we went with Sports, cause we've never stayed there, and it's a surprise for the kids.:ssst:

Then we go back in Decemeber 10 days at POP, that they know about.

I'll see you all around the thread.

Boy, nobody has posted in a while....I was really trying to read over everything but I don't know if I ever got a definite answer, I was at Sports this past September and they were renovating, did the whole hotel get renovated?? We are going down to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and I was thinking of booking the sports resort. Hopefully someone can answer this for me.

Thanks,
Kim

The last I heard was that all the buildings had been renovated except for possibly the Touchdown Building 10, because it might become family suites. I don't know if that happened or if they just renovated it as regular rooms, or if any type of renovation was on hold. I know the room we had in June was in Touchdown building 7 and it was definitely newer. Hopefully some one else can answer your question.

It's been a month, but I don't think so. However, when you first walk into the room, there is a fairly decent size space in front of the window before you get to the beds. A twin air mattress would fit there.

I called the front desk, I was told this:

Buildings 7 and 10 were just completed. Meaning they changed the bedding and room decor.

The other buildings are undergoing the same thing, they just haven't been completed yet.

Having stayed at several values, my opinion is NO there is not enough room for a twin air mattress in between the beds. But I do agree the one can be laid in front of the window.

Do you know if there is enough room between the beds for a twin size air mattress?

Yes there is room for a twin matress in the room but I'm not sure in between the 2 beds. They don't give you extra bedding but the room comes with several pillows plus bothh beds have bedspreads and a thin blanket. We usually take the breadspreads off because they are heavy so someone can use them as a blacket. I don't know the age of who would be sleeping on the floor but my DD who is 6 likes to take those beadspeads and put one on top of the other and sleeps"camps" on the floor.
Last time when we walked into our room she called "Dibs"on the floor.:rotfl:

Also, All the rooms in the all star sports are completely finished. Some of our family were in the Baseball section and everyhing was knew (bedding curtains,wall paper exe.) Just not the football section. We just got back in May.

The last I heard was that all the buildings had been renovated except for possibly the Touchdown Building 10, because it might become family suites. I don't know if that happened or if they just renovated it as regular rooms, or if any type of renovation was on hold. I know the room we had in June was in Touchdown building 7 and it was definitely newer. Hopefully some one else can answer your question.

The room we had in touchdown building 10 second floor was renovated when we were there in May. I was told at check in that all rooms were completed.

Hi.

Hopefully you won't get to mad at me for bumping this up to the front page. It's only been a week since someone has posted in this post.

My question is how far (many minutes) on a bus ride is ASSp from Magic Kingdom, and all the other parks? Is it very far? Also, does anyone know how far it is away from the Sports Complex that they have?

Hi.

Hopefully you won't get to mad at me for bumping this up to the front page. It's only been a week since someone has posted in this post.

My question is how far (many minutes) on a bus ride is ASSp from Magic Kingdom, and all the other parks? Is it very far? Also, does anyone know how far it is away from the Sports Complex that they have?

We timed it in April but I can't remember the exact amount of minutes. It wasn't 20 minutes to the Magic Kingdom. Seems like around 15 minutes. It just doesn't take that long at all. Our bus filled up at Sports and went straight to the parks so that was helpful because it never went to the other two All Star resorts. That kept the time down.

Donna

Per my passporter:

From All Stars to: (direct bus)

Magic Kingdon: 20 mins

Epcot: 10 mins

Disney's Hollywood Studios: 10 mins

Animal Kingdom: 10 mins

Downtown Disney: 15 mins

Sports Complex: Looks like it's 10-15 mins tops.

I don't think that's asking too much. The last two times I've stayed here, I've asked for a third floor king room in a quiet area, preferably Football. Both times my request was granted. :goodvibes

Donna

My 3rd trip to WDW is in September and I'm staying at All Star Sports for the 3rd time. I tend to travel on a budget and this always seems to be the only value resort available.

For this trip, I'd really like to stay in a king room. I thought I read somewhere that there aren't that many king rooms at All Star Sports so I'm hopeful but not counting on it. When I made my reservations I asked the agent to note that I'd like a king room. Is there anything else I should do to better my chances?

Donna - If you don't mind my asking, why 3rd floor and why Football?

On another topic, is it possible to walk to either Animal Kingdom or the Wide World of Sports from All Star Sports? Or (other than driving) are buses really the only way to get around. Thanks!

My 3rd trip to WDW is in September and I'm staying at All Star Sports for the 3rd time. I tend to travel on a budget and this always seems to be the only value resort available.

For this trip, I'd really like to stay in a king room. I thought I read somewhere that there aren't that many king rooms at All Star Sports so I'm hopeful but not counting on it. When I made my reservations I asked the agent to note that I'd like a king room. Is there anything else I should do to better my chances?

Donna - If you don't mind my asking, why 3rd floor and why Football?

On another topic, is it possible to walk to either Animal Kingdom or the Wide World of Sports from All Star Sports? Or (other than driving) are buses really the only way to get around. Thanks!

I like the third floor because I think it is quieter. When staying on the first or second floors, there is someone staying above you and I just try to do whatever I can to keep it quiet at night so we can get a good night's sleep. Football Building 7 is my preference and I ask for a quiet section (the back side of the building). There's less people traffic. Also, Football is not far from the food court without paying extra for a preferred room.

I have always asked for a king room and they have always given us one. I think chances are good that you will get one.

Donna

Thanks for the information everyone. When we looked at the maps, everything looked so far away. We were thinking it would take 30 - 45 minutes to get place to place.
I also like that we will be the first stop on the bus. Our luck we will have the bus filled just using our stop...

I can't wait for my trip. I'm so excited! It sounds like it will be great. I have no idea what part of ASSp we will be staying at, I'm thinking probably baseball.

Hi! One of the above posts says that it takes 10 minutes to DRIVE to the Animal Kingdom, so I can't imagine how long it would take you to walk! So I would say "No".

Another question.

How many beds does a quad-room have? Will it have 4 single beds or 2 king/queen size beds?

I guess I really have no idea whatsoever what to expect. Is it more than one room? Meaning is there a bedroom, and then a kitchen/living room seperate from the bedroom or is it all just one massive room?

Am I making any sense? hehe

Another question.

How many beds does a quad-room have? Will it have 4 single beds or 2 king/queen size beds?

I guess I really have no idea whatsoever what to expect. Is it more than one room? Meaning is there a bedroom, and then a kitchen/living room seperate from the bedroom or is it all just one massive room?

Am I making any sense? hehe

What is a quad-room? I have never heard of it before. Last time I was at ASSPORTS there were no suites! Are you on the right thread?

Just regular rooms over here. Isn't All Star Music the only one with Family Suites? Then that's just two regular rooms joined and one is like a sitting room with some pull outs and the other is the regular bedroom.

I wish there were "quad" rooms at the values. Then maybe I could afford one.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter