Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Good Morning fellow dissers. I have a question about Magical Express. I am flying South West and will land on side A. Do I take the train to Side B and then down to the 1st floor? My question is: how do I get to Magical Express? I haven't been in almost 4 years and everything is changing quick.

From the WDW website.

Domestic Arrivals
Take the shuttle (Train/Tram) from your arrival gate to the main terminal. You will be on Level 3. Head to the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center, located on Side B, Level 1, Ground Transportation.

Guests arriving on the A side of the airport should proceed to the B side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1. If you arrive before 5:00 AM or after 10:00 PM, please collect your luggage at baggage claim and bring it with you onto the motorcoach.

Please have your MagicBand easily accessible when you arrive at the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center. If you have not received your MagicBand, please be prepared to present your Disney's Magical Express documents instead. If you have a Disney's Magical Express reservation, but do not have documents, we will assist you upon arrival.

So once you get off the train/tram, walk across the main terminal to the B side. Then head downstairs to level 1. You won't be able to miss the signage for the Magical Express.

From the WDW website.

Domestic Arrivals
Take the shuttle (Train/Tram) from your arrival gate to the main terminal. You will be on Level 3. Head to the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center, located on Side B, Level 1, Ground Transportation.

Guests arriving on the A side of the airport should proceed to the B side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1. If you arrive before 5:00 AM or after 10:00 PM, please collect your luggage at baggage claim and bring it with you onto the motorcoach.

Please have your MagicBand easily accessible when you arrive at the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center. If you have not received your MagicBand, please be prepared to present your Disney's Magical Express documents instead. If you have a Disney's Magical Express reservation, but do not have documents, we will assist you upon arrival.

So once you get off the train/tram, walk across the main terminal to the B side. Then head downstairs to level 1. You won't be able to miss the signage for the Magical Express.

Thanks. It has been awhile since I have landed in Orlando haha!!

We take the airport monorail then an escalator down. There will be signs to follow. Disney makes it easy to find.

Hi all! So excited for our May trip and our first stay at ASSp.

I do have a question for those of you who have stayed here before: do you have recommendations for rooms that are a good balance of being fairly close to the buses and food court without being super close to the pools or other noise-heavy areas? I'm a light sleeper, and while the thought of having more immediate access to the food court in the mornings is exciting (our last stay was at POR, and while it was awesome, I did miss being able to run out and get a coffee first thing in the morning to bring back to the room), I know that this often means closer proximity to the loud pool areas.

Also, is there another way to submit room requests after your reservations are made other than phoning Disney long distance again? My cell phone provider is already laughing at how much time I've spent on the phone with Disney lately booking, cancelling, and then re-booking a vacation!

Thanks so much!

I do have a question for those of you who have stayed here before: do you have recommendations for rooms that are a good balance of being fairly close to the buses and food court without being super close to the pools or other noise-heavy areas? I'm a light sleeper, and while the thought of having more immediate access to the food court in the mornings is exciting (our last stay was at POR, and while it was awesome, I did miss being able to run out and get a coffee first thing in the morning to bring back to the room), I know that this often means closer proximity to the loud pool areas.

I liked the Touchdown section, as it's close to the food court with access via the end entrance of the main building. There's also a shortcut path around from Touchdown, especially convenient from building 10, where you can get to the bus area from the other end and not via the main building way.

One caveat is a room facing the field area in Touchdown may introduce noise from people playing on the field (some just can't help throwing a ball around on a football field) so a room on the away-facing sides may be a better bet. That's what I had last time.

I liked the Touchdown section, as it's close to the food court with access via the end entrance of the main building. There's also a shortcut path around from Touchdown, especially convenient from building 10, where you can get to the bus area from the other end and not via the main building way.

One caveat is a room facing the field area in Touchdown may introduce noise from people playing on the field (some just can't help throwing a ball around on a football field) so a room on the away-facing sides may be a better bet. That's what I had last time.

Awesome, thanks jcarwash!

Hi all! So excited for our May trip and our first stay at ASSp.

Also, is there another way to submit room requests after your reservations are made other than phoning Disney long distance again? My cell phone provider is already laughing at how much time I've spent on the phone with Disney lately booking, cancelling, and then re-booking a vacation!

Thanks so much!

I like the Touchdown Buildings as well. The rooms on the other side of the fields are nice and quiet.

This will be our first trip staying here - 50 days to go! This is a surprise trip for my DS.

About a week ago my MiL decided she wanted one of my kids to visit her in California, but our kids are too young to fly alone (one because she would be scared and the other because I KNOW he'd get up to no good) So my husband is taking our daughter for a week. I thought "What can my son and I do while they're gone?" So of course I came up with Surprise Trip to Disney!

DS has no idea we're going to Disney. Our flight and DH/DD flight leave within an hour of each other so I'm not going to tell our son we're going on an adventure until we're all at the airport! I wonder if he'll guess we're going to Disney at that time...

Here's what I have planned so far. Saturday May 2 - Thursday 7, 2015 at the All Star Sports Resort - I've requested the Home Run Section and VIP cleaning.

Sat 2nd - Flight on Southwest (non-stop!!!) arrives 1:15pm First time flying to Disney, first time on DME, first time on any Disney transportation.
I assume it will be busy at this time. Is there any way to estimate what time we'd get to our resort?

I plan on packing DS's swimsuit in our carry on so he can swim that afternoon. Do I need to also pack a towel if our room isn't ready when we arrive?

Sun 3rd - HS. I'm planning on his first time with Jedi Training Academy so I'd like to arrive about 8am for a 9am opening.
What time do we need to be at the bus stop?
Our current schedule:
  1. Sign up for JTA
  2. Guest Relations for a DAS (DS has Tourette's and Autism Spectrum)
  3. FP+ TSMM 10:25-11:25am
  4. FP+ Indiana Jones 12:-12:20pm (the options seem so limited here for things we actually want to FP)
  5. FP+ Star Tours 1:10-2:10pm
  6. ADR Sci-Fi Dine-In 2pm for appetizers and milkshakes!
  7. Back to the resort for pool time!
Mon 4th - AK It opens at 9am (everything is scheduled to open at 9 while we're there)
Again, what time should we be at the bus stop so we can make rope drop? DS get's up early so we might as well be waiting at rope drop instead of sitting in our room watching the clock tick away.
Our plans:
  1. FP+ EE 10:35-11:35pm
  2. FP+ KS 12:30-1:30pm
  3. FP+ FotLK 1:30-1:50pm
  4. Pool time!
Tue 5th - MK
Surprise question for everyone - what time should we be at the bus to make rope drop?
Our plans:
  1. FP+ SDMT 10-11am
  2. FP+ Space 11:05-12:05am
  3. FP+ Splash 12:10-1:10pm
  4. Pool time!
Wed 6th - MK
Already have the answer for bus time on this one! 6:30am!
Our plans:
  1. ADR 'Ohana 7:30am
  2. FP+ PP 10:20-11:20am
  3. FP+ BTMR 11:20-12:20pm
  4. FP+ Splash 12:25-1:25pm
  5. Pool time/Nap
  6. Return to park after dinner and hopefully close it out!
Thu 7th - Check out and HS
Our plans for the last day :(
  1. Check bags for Southwest and store our carry on luggage
  2. FP+ ToT 9:40-10:40am (don't think we'll do this one, but just in case)
  3. FP+TSMM 10:50-11:50am
  4. FP+ Star Tours 11:50-12:50pm
  5. Head back for DME - our flight departs at 6:40pm (another non-stop!)
I plan on being back at the resort at 3pm to catch DME. What time do we need to leave HS to arrive at the resort by 3?

So the questions in blue are the questions I have at the moment. We'll have to wait and see what else my brain will think up in the middle of the night. :earseek:

I assume it will be busy at this time. Is there any way to estimate what time we'd get to our resort?

You are safe to assume you'll be at your resort 60-90 minutes after waking off the plane. I could be longer, but that's about average.

Do I need to also pack a towel if our room isn't ready when we arrive?

If you have the room, I would pack one. Otherwise you'll have to track down a housekeeper. They are around, but if you have the room it's one less thing to worry about.

What time do we need to be at the bus stop?

7:00

Again, what time should we be at the bus stop so we can make rope drop?

7:45

Surprise question for everyone - what time should we be at the bus to make rope drop?

75-90 minutes before rope drop.

What time do we need to leave HS to arrive at the resort by 3?

I would be at the bus stop by 2:00.

We just booked two rooms today for our stay in December! In all our trips, until now, it's just been the four of us, but with two grown kids who have significant others, this trip is a party of 6.

We've never stayed at a Value resort before, but are rope drop and park closing people, with just a midday nap in the room, so all we really need are comfy beds and running water!

I'm still getting over the fact that we're paying more per night at AS Sports than we did for Wilderness Lodge Courtyard when we started out.:scared:

My son will have graduated from college the weekend before our trip (Dec. 15-22) as a football player, going on to be a football coach, so, of course, we're requesting Touchdown building #10, hopefully to get us a bit closer to the bus stop since I just had hip surgery this month and have been told it will be a year before I'm back to normal.

Any other tips or tricks or just great things to know about the resort? I'm thrilled to see Sports is first on/off the bus!

TIA!

can someone explain what VIP cleaning is? I've never heard of this. thanks!

It's a deep cleaning of the room. They steam clean the carpet and give the room a thorough cleaning. If someone in your party has allergies/asthma you can request this through the disabilities line.

How do i find out if there are any sports/cheer eventsgoing on during my dates? We are going to be at Sports May 1-8. Just want to be prepared if there will be big groups of kids everywhere... Thanks!

Thank you dansdad! The one thing I'm stressing the most about is using Disney transportation. Trying to get where we need to go on time seems like a daunting task.

Thank you dansdad! The one thing I'm stressing the most about is using Disney transportation. Trying to get where we need to go on time seems like a daunting task.

Just allow yourselves a little extra time to get where you need to be. I think the busses run pretty efficient, especially out of Sports.

How do i find out if there are any sports/cheer eventsgoing on during my dates? We are going to be at Sports May 1-8. Just want to be prepared if there will be big groups of kids everywhere... Thanks!
The Summit(LARGE Cheer event)is May 1-3.:)

There will be a "few"lol:) Cheerleaders with you at Sports.:)

Any other tips or tricks or just great things to know about the resort?

TIA!

End Zone Food Court was rebuilt and reopened in December,2013.:)

Intermission Food Court at All-Star Music was rebuilt and reopened in December of last year(Music is a short walk from Sports).

If you need a Laundry,the one at the Grand Slam Pool is usually less crowded than the one at the Surfboard Bay Pool.:)

They play college "fight songs" on the Sports buses at times.

From the "back side" of Touchdown! 10,is a SHORT walkway right to the Bus Stops.:)

25 days to surprising DD with our three-night trip - leaving in 28 days!!! DH staying home for hockey playoffs - being at Disney is less stressful than being around him then! :)
Relatives just decided to stay at Sports with us but they can only get Preferred; we're in a Standard. Our reservations are linked. Any suggestions for where to request so we're near each other or may they magically give us an upgrade so we're closer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter