Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I hope not, I hate the new rooms.
The last time I stayed in All Star Music, Rock Inn, was June 2018 and even then the rooms really needed a refurb. You could tell they had kind of given up maintaining them knowing that a refurbishment was coming in 2019. The paper border was hanging on one side, the walls were scratched as was the furniture and it just really looked tired and not very clean. We will be staying there again July 2022 only because the rooms are new. Of course, with that comes a huge price increase almost double what we paid in 2018!

I have an October Reservation and haven’t yet as far as I know. Which resort did you get upgraded to? Congratulations!
Unfortunately I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with got an upgrade, we got nothing. So now we are staying at two different resorts. Their vacation just got way better and ours got way more complicated. They were Upgraded to Caribbean Beach Club.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with got an upgrade, we got nothing. So now we are staying at two different resorts. Their vacation just got way better and ours got way more complicated. They were Upgraded to Caribbean Beach Club.
Oh, I’m so sorry for you.

Unfortunately I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with got an upgrade, we got nothing. So now we are staying at two different resorts. Their vacation just got was better and ours got way more complicated. They were Upgraded to Caribbean Beach Club.
I wonder if you called them and explain the situation if it would make a difference? Probably not but it might be worth it to say hey this happened and I’m not sure what I can do to make this work. We re your reservations linked at all?

I wonder if you called them and explain the situation if it would make a difference? Probably not but it might be worth it to say hey this happened and I’m not sure what I can do to make this work. We re your reservations linked at all?
I thought they were, but apparently not. I already tried calling and was basically told, too bad. I get upgrades are random, it just sucks as it is my son’s girlfriend’s family. So now we will both have teenagers unhappy the entire trip. We even gave up staying with local friends so we could be at the hotel together! Now we are paying for a room and won’t be with them! I’ve been really trying to stay positive about even going and this just wasn’t what I needed.

If you are travelling together, I would definitely call and at least explain the situation. You may get an upgrade, maybe not. Worth the shot though!!!

Why would one room be upgraded and another not? Did they have a different room catagory?
Nope, both had booked the same exact rooms. We even made our reservations on the same day. She was told they were offering enhancements to some traveling between September and January.

Nope, both had booked the same exact rooms. We even made our reservations on the same day. She was told they were offering enhancements to some traveling between September and January.
Hearing that the other family is your son’s girlfriend, I’m sort of surprised they accepted the upgrade. Im sure you can still have a nice trip. You might just have your son over at Caribbean Beach a lot. Sorry WDW didn’t want to help you out.

Hearing that the other family is your son’s girlfriend, I’m sort of surprised they accepted the upgrade. Im sure you can still have a nice trip. You might just have your son over at Caribbean Beach a lot. Sorry WDW didn’t want to help you out.
They assumed we were getting the upgrade as well because we thought our reservations were linked. I don’t see him spending much time there since you can’t really get from one resort to another directly when using Disney transportation. Way too much travel time.

Did you have a "traveling with" notation on your reservation? This lets the room assigner know that you are with another party(ies) and would like to be near one another. I'd call again and ask to be escalated to Guest Services. If anyone can move you, they would be the people to do it.

Did you have a "traveling with" notation on your reservation? This lets the room assigner know that you are with another party(ies) and would like to be near one another. I'd call again and ask to be escalated to Guest Services. If anyone can move you, they would be the people to do it.
Agree-I would not give up until I had gone up the stairs as far as possible.

If not moved,the best way for the teens to travel to each other would be Bus from All-Star Music to Hollywood Studios and then Skyliner from Hollywood Studios to Caribbean Beach.

They will probably end up with great memories of their Skyliner travels to see each other. :)

Didn’t have a note in the reservation, but their resort reservation was linked to mine in MDE. It is what it is at this point. Calling didn’t seem to get me anywhere. Just disappointed, not even so much about not getting an upgrade, just that we are separated now. We may just cancel our reservation and stay with friends at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter