Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at Music and we're going to the Gospel Brunch at House of Blues in DTD on Sunday morning. It starts at 10:30 but we've been advised to arrive at 10. Any of you experienced Music'ers know the best way to get there? If we take the DTD bus from ASMu how long does that take, and also, where does it stop? Is there a stop near House of Blues? Does the DTD construction affect the buses? Any info or tips would be most appreciated. I'm actually thinking maybe we'll just take a cab - and if we do that - where do we tell the driver to leave us? The next part of my question is getting from House of Blues to Epcot, but I guess that's off topic for this thread... :confused3

If you choose to do online check in and do not get the room you want the CM at the counter can NOT make the change. They have to call a manager to do it and while this is happening you are holding up the line. The online counter will have 1, sometimes 2 CM's but the regular counter will have 4-6. If getting the king is important using the regular counter is going to be the fastest and easiest way of getting it. The intention of the online check in system is to take your package and go....not to see where your room is assigned and is it a king or does it have a view etc.

Our vacation is over (so sad) and it was absolutely amazingly wonderful! I wanted to get back to this thread to let you know our experience with check-in as ASMu and some other things. First, there is only one "counter" at ASMu - a long counter with several CMs manning, depending on day/hour. There is a dedicated LINE for those who have checked in online. Again - a dedicated line to stand in - NOT a dedicated CM. So you will (probably, not always) stand in a shorter line to reach the counter, if you have checked in online). Our experience: The lines for "regular" and "online checkin" were about equal. We stood in the online line, having done our online checkin weeks before. We were called to the next available CM. I gave our name and she pulled up our info. We had been given our request for a king bed (we were there to celebrate our anniversary, after all :)) BUT it was on the second floor, facing the pool, and I had requested ground floor away from the pool (quieter). I expressed as much (nicely and politely) to the CM and she immediately got on the phone to the room assigners and found that she could offer us a king on the quiet side of Calypso but it was on the 3rd floor. We accepted, and within seconds the change was made. There was no "manager" that needed to be called, and there was absolutely no difference in the process because we had checked in online. The online checkin simply inputs some of the information that you would otherwise have to give them while standing there, and it expedites the process for you as well as for the CM, but it does NOT preclude having a normal interaction with the CM when you reach the counter. So again, there was NO "online counter" and all the CMs were capable of doing the same things. You are not "holding the line" when you have a normal interaction with your checkin CM. The online line, if it is shorter, will move faster, and your interaction will probably be shorter because you entered a lot of things online so that's all done. If you DO have a request or a change that was not dealt with online, you STILL can do that at checkin. Remember, this pertains to ASMu. Other resorts may have other procedures, and that would be off topic for this thread. Also, in response to other posters that I did not quote above, it is not "easier" for the CM to give you your request if you ask by phone. Sometimes there is availability of what you want, and sometimes there isn't. If you have not been given what you request, there is absolutely no reason not to try one last time when you check in.

As for the food court, the construction is effectively walled off and we experienced no discomfort from it. The temporary grab and go food venue in what is normally the arcade was very good. It included the refillable mug stations, and lots of pre-packaged (but fresh) food. For hot meals it was a hop, skip, and jump to either Movies or Sports. We don't use the food court much as a rule, but we did have breakfast at Movies and lunch once at Sports. All was fine. Not too crowded, surprisingly.

We had an absolutely wonderful 6 nights at ASMu. It's a great resort and I would not hesitate to stay there again. I've been at all levels of Disney accommodations as well as various off-site hotels, and they all have pros and cons. For the price I love the All Stars - I think they are a great value. Would be happy to answer any questions about our recent experience there. :yay:

We returned last weekend after 7 nights in an ASMu suite. It was our first ever value stay and although I was apprehensive we had a wonderful stay there. The suite set up was great for us and we really liked having the two bathrooms and kitchenette. The room was clean and we had very good daily mousekeeping.

Maybe we just got lucky but we had excellent bus service throughout the week. Since we had groceries delivered for breakfast, snacks and beverages at the resort and ate at restaurants while at the parks the closed food court was not an issue. One morning we crossed the street to All Star Movies to have a hot breakfast and also enjoyed looking around the resort (my son loved it there).

It was a little cool during our stay but we did have two afternoons at the pool. We really didn't miss the pool slide and the pool was a nice size. I do wish they had towels out at the pool, but I just left a note on the table the mousekeeper in the morning to please leave extra towels if we planned to go to the pool in the afternoon. It worked and was fine but it would be easier if they just had the towels at the pool to begin with.

The one thing that was very noticeable was the difference in customer service at the concierge desk. The CMs there were significantly less friendly and helpful than I have experienced during our stays at moderate/deluxe resorts.

We would be happy to stay there again or try another value. I would like to try a suite at AoA when they start to discount the rooms more.

We returned last weekend after 7 nights in an ASMu suite. It was our first ever value stay and although I was apprehensive we had a wonderful stay there. The suite set up was great for us and we really liked having the two bathrooms and kitchenette. The room was clean and we had very good daily mousekeeping.

Maybe we just got lucky but we had excellent bus service throughout the week. Since we had groceries delivered for breakfast, snacks and beverages at the resort and ate at restaurants while at the parks the closed food court was not an issue. One morning we crossed the street to All Star Movies to have a hot breakfast and also enjoyed looking around the resort (my son loved it there).

It was a little cool during our stay but we did have two afternoons at the pool. We really didn't miss the pool slide and the pool was a nice size. I do wish they had towels out at the pool, but I just left a note on the table the mousekeeper in the morning to please leave extra towels if we planned to go to the pool in the afternoon. It worked and was fine but it would be easier if they just had the towels at the pool to begin with.

The one thing that was very noticeable was the difference in customer service at the concierge desk. The CMs there were significantly less friendly and helpful than I have experienced during our stays at moderate/deluxe resorts.

We would be happy to stay there again or try another value. I would like to try a suite at AoA when they start to discount the rooms more.

We have always had towels at the pool. The cart has never been out by the pool though, always off to the side under the Calypso sign.

Christmas tree question!

We are taking a "girls trip" near Christmas and my DH would like to have one of the mini mickey trees delivered to the resort for my dd. if we order it online how soon /late do we need to place the order? Also does it need to have my name on it or is my daughter'a name ok? Where at the resort do you pick up a package like that- or can you request that it be delivered to the room?

I am just wondering if it's going to be worth the trouble but I thought if it were a simple process ordering the Disney tree would be much easier than hauling a tree, lights, ornaments etc down to fl from nc, hauling it up to the room, etc. plus for $35 I'm not sure I could even buy a tree and mickey ornaments any cheaper.

Has anyone else ever done this and if so how did it work?

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to join the Music thread. My original vacation was in February for my Birthday but I had to cancel because of a work conference. I rescheduled for 3 days in the end of January and Sports wasn't available so I am staying at Music. First time staying here but the All Stars are basically the same.

Thought this might help someone else.

I just called All Star Music to inquire about shipping a package to the resort ahead of our trip. I was told to send it to this address:

All Star Music Resort
1801 West Buena Vista Dr.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

The CM also recommended I place my check in date and name on the package if possible.

Thought this might help someone else!

12 days to go!

Can anyone explain the Luggage Assistance process to me?

My mom who recently had major surgery and 7 year old do not need to be lugging up heavy bags to a 3rd floor room. I don't mind if I have a cart to carry them up on my own, but if there is a way I can have them delivered to the room while we are in the park, it would be great. I'm already telling my mother to pack light in case I have to do the loading/unloading on my own. Our last stay was at Pop and the parking lot was quite a distance from the room (but I had DH for help w/the heavies). Lugging up heavy luggage is not a highlight of my vacation I'm looking forward to. Leaving will be much easier because we will not be pressed for time as much and I can make several leisurely trips.

Has anyone had experience with luggage assistance? Also where do you pick up/borrow a luggage cart at ASMu? If I'm doing it on my own I at least want to have a cart to make the job easier!

I have tried to look back through this thread and can't find the answer so I thought I would ask...
Do the rooms at AsMusic have microwaves? I know they have mini fridges but can't find info on microwaves. Also, what is the cheapest way to get water bottles delivered before we get there?

I have tried to look back through this thread and can't find the answer so I thought I would ask...
Do the rooms at AsMusic have microwaves? I know they have mini fridges but can't find info on microwaves. Also, what is the cheapest way to get water bottles delivered before we get there?

No microwaves in the rooms. They have them in the food court for you to use. You do mean a room right...not a family suite? I'm pretty sure the suites have micros.

As for water try Staples or Amazon....those seem to be the only places that lately I've heard will deliver. We used to use Costco but last time I checked they had removed the water.

Does anyone know what grocery items are available now- I am interested in larger bottles of water, milk and loaves of bread

we were not happy at Sports when we went in May...they dropped the ice cream area and put in just gelato..
So I guess with the new Music reno..the same is there..No ice cream..

Will have to get our fix at the parks or DTD..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter