• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I remember someone asking a similar question in a different thread a few months back and another poster recommended checking the events schedule on the Wide World of Sports website to get an idea of what upcoming tournaments or competitions might be scheduled.

That is very helpful. Are there other types of groups that book All Stars that don't use the WWoS facility?

Thank you for that suggestion!

Yes! There are plenty of groups that stay at the all stars but don't use WWOS...dance groups (800+ at Christmas, spring break and late June) marching bands, orchestras and choirs. We were there the last week of June with Dance the World and 800 dancers and family were at Music.

Tried to book AoA (Our go-to resort), and were completely booked. Got a pin for free dining and booked ASMu instead. We're bummed that we're not going to the resort we were looking forward to, and even though we get the FD with All Star Music and save a ton of money, we're still hoping someone will cancel at AoA so we can switch, even though we'd love to have a reason to just stay and save the money.

We're in the 'resort is just a place to sleep' crowd, and we dont really spend a lot of time at the resort.

We want to make the best out of this, and we really aren't that picky. We requested broadway near the buses. ASMu crowd, can you guys hype us up?

Tried to book AoA (Our go-to resort), and were completely booked. Got a pin for free dining and booked ASMu instead. We're bummed that we're not going to the resort we were looking forward to, and even though we get the FD with All Star Music and save a ton of money, we're still hoping someone will cancel at AoA so we can switch, even though we'd love to have a reason to just stay and save the money.

We're in the 'resort is just a place to sleep' crowd, and we dont really spend a lot of time at the resort.

We want to make the best out of this, and we really aren't that picky. We requested broadway near the buses. ASMu crowd, can you guys hype us up?

So are you saying you would give up free dining if AoA became available? And you would do this even though you "really aren't that picky" and you're a "'resort is just a place to sleep' crowd"?:confused3

So are you saying you would give up free dining if AoA became available? And you would do this even though you "really aren't that picky" and you're a "'resort is just a place to sleep' crowd"?:confused3

I know, im contradicting myself. Haha.

Put it this way, we don't care enough about the resort to justify spend our way out of the value/ low moderate group.

AoA was fantastic, and we're going back and forth about whether we would be willing to give up free dining to go back. We're kind of on the fence, wanting to be pushed onto the All Star side. haha.

I read on another site's FAQ that ASMu isn't affected by the refrigerator issue, can anyone who's stayed there recently confirm this?

I read on another site's FAQ that ASMu isn't affected by the refrigerator issue, can anyone who's stayed there recently confirm this?

I saw something too, but the way I read it, it was the family suites that aren't affected. I could have misunderstood.

You're right I missed the family suite part. Guess I can just hope they'll be done by late September.

:wave2::tiptoe::wave:
Kinda sad to say this but we decided to change our resort due to the FD offer, we are now staying at POP.. Guess I need to change my signature too...lol
Enjoy your trips everyone!pixiedust:

Just switched from ASMo to ASMu for FD in November. We've never stayed at any of the All-Star resorts, but after browsing this thread I'm excited! I was worried ASMu wouldn't be as great thematically as ASMo, but now I think I was wrong. Can't wait!!

Just switched from ASMo to ASMu for FD in November. We've never stayed at any of the All-Star resorts, but after browsing this thread I'm excited! I was worried ASMu wouldn't be as great thematically as ASMo, but now I think I was wrong. Can't wait!!

The good news is you could be close enough (depending on your building) where you can experience both resorts. I just stayed at ASMo but because we were in the Mighty Ducks section, I used the food courts and pools at both resorts.

The good news is you could be close enough (depending on your building) where you can experience both resorts. I just stayed at ASMo but because we were in the Mighty Ducks section, I used the food courts and pools at both resorts.

Do they have walking paths between the ASMu and ASMo or do you have to walk through the parking lot? We are staying at ASMu Family Suitesand I'm trying to decide what building to ask for.
Do you all the buildings have the suites in them?

Do they have walking paths between the ASMu and ASMo or do you have to walk through the parking lot? We are staying at ASMu Family Suitesand I'm trying to decide what building to ask for.

You have to cross a street.

The suites are only in Jazz and Calypso.
You have to cross a street.

It's a driveway that leads to the back parking lot....so very quiet traffic wise

Ok, call it a driveway if you'd like but it is as wide as a street and has traffic flow in two directions. It's how cars leave and enter the parking lot. It's a street.

I agree with EpcotBill. Crossing from Movies to Music for the food court or buses is really convenient, but you are definitely crossing an area with moving vehicles. Gotta look both ways.

Ok, call it a driveway if you'd like but it is as wide as a street and has traffic flow in two directions. It's how cars leave and enter the parking lot. It's a street.

ETA: It even has a name. It's Melody Lane on the ASMo map. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.htm

Yes....it does have 2 way traffic flow and you would need to look both ways before crossing. I just meant that it was very quiet....not constant traffic flow like an actual street/roadway.

When does the co-mingling of Sports and Music food court guests begin?

Also, I stayed at Music for 1 night in a non-preferred room last November and can't remember if the fridge had the little freezer compartment or not? I'm just sooooooo excited that I don't need to run a fridge swap anymore :cool1:!

Gina

When does the co-mingling of Sports and Music food court guests begin?

Also, I stayed at Music for 1 night in a non-preferred room last November and can't remember if the fridge had the little freezer compartment or not? I'm just sooooooo excited that I don't need to run a fridge swap anymore :cool1:!

Gina

The Sports food court closed today.

The fridges don't have a freezer compartment, but right now there is a defective fridge issue across WDW, so it's hard to know if you will get a working fridge or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter