Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

well it is now for almost 90% certain that september 2014 i will be going back to all star music wanted to do pop but almost 200 dollars price difference is too much and i liked all star music

well it is now for almost 90% certain that september 2014 i will be going back to all star music wanted to do pop but almost 200 dollars price difference is too much and i liked all star music

Agreed - after four stays at Pop Century, I am heading back to an All-Stars resort because of the difference in room rates.

8 more days just about and we will be checking into the all-star music resort for the first time :cool1: Can't wait! Just had to share :yay:

Some great info here, thanks all !
We will be staying in a family suite in a few months, cant wait. We did a quick tour of the resort a few trips ago, and really liked it.
Here is our quick story on how we decided on ASMU.
We have been to WDW many many times, and have stayed at quite a few resorts. Seems like we gravitate to the deluxes mostly as we like to spoil ourselves on our vacation to WDW usually once a year :cloud9: . Have been very happy with most of our stays, and are not jaded at all or are "deluxe snobs" as some would call it (we love POR as well).
Well, our problem is really starting to show as our kids get older and bigger. We are a family of 5........with three "kids" 19,17 and 11, and we find ourselfs quickly outgrowing the deluxe resorts :crowded: . Kids dont like to sleep together, and squabble when stuck in close quarters for too long. So whats a family of 5 to do. Sometimes we stay offsite, but feel a little disconnected to the Disney fun. Kids get lazy offsite, and will sleep in until late in the morning if we let them. On site, everyone wants to get up and get going earlier it seems. Truth be told..........we do like it better onsite, even if that means somewhat cramped quarters.
SO..........its time to try out an ASMU Family Suite for this upcoming stay. Everyone is excited about it and are looking forward to it. The foodcourt is something we like the sound of. The pools will be fine for us and the lack of a hot-tub is no big deal as we have one at home. We will have plenty of space, and two bathrooms will be like heaven :cloud9:. Kichenette will be great for leftovers, and maybe quick breakfasts. All in all, we cant wait to try it out. It is our first time staying at a value resort, so hope it all goes well.
I have heard some issues with the bus situation, but honestly when waiting for deluxe buses in the past.........we have noticed quite a lot of All Star buses contantly coming and going while we were still waiting for our "deluxe" bus, lol. I assume we can just take any All star bus and quickly walk to ASMU because its in the middle of the 3 All stars ?
I have heard the rooms may be loud ? Is it outside noise or interior wall noise (toilets flushing, etc). Its not like the deluxe resorts are soundproof anyway. Any where we should request to avoid any noise issues. I did already request the topfloor, so that should help. Maybe facing away from the central area/pool too ? I do know that we will be in Jazz or Calypso........which one would be quieter?
Also for those that have been to ASMU recently, how are the resort and rooms looking. Are the rooms in good shape still, or getting ready tired looking ?

We did get the 15% off summer offer, so that helps. The thing is, its really not that much cheaper than a deluxe resort (Family Suite) with the 30% off off deluxe offer, so it not like we are saving a ton of $$$, just getting a lot more r-o-o-m .
We are staying 6 days in a Family suite, then splitting it up, and staying 5 days at our favorite resort, BC (in a larger deluxe room, so we all fit). So this should be a good comparison for us during the same trip. Who knows, we may be converted to ASMU for good. We are looking forward to the extra room.

Thanks for the info..........great thread btw. Its about time ASMU got some love !

Syndrome

I assume we can just take any All star bus and quickly walk to ASMU because its in the middle of the 3 All stars ?
I have heard the rooms may be loud ? Is it outside noise or interior wall noise (toilets flushing, etc). Its not like the deluxe resorts are soundproof anyway. Any where we should request to avoid any noise issues. I did already request the topfloor, so that should help. Maybe facing away from the central area/pool too ? I do know that we will be in Jazz or Calypso........which one would be quieter?
Also for those that have been to ASMU recently, how are the resort and rooms looking. Are the rooms in good shape still, or getting ready tired looking ?

Yes....you can take any bus. We've done it many times.

In general, you will have noise if you have noisey neighbours. We never noticed any flushing noise at any All Star just at POP. If you do happen to hear it just keep the bathroom door closed. The only consistant noise that we heard while in our room was from kids running along the outside corridor but that only lasts a few seconds. If you want a quiet location the best thing to request is just that...a quiet location. The parking lot end of those buildings is the quietest part. Last trip we were in Calypso, third floor, second to last room at the parking lot end. We felt like we were alone up there. I had only requested to not be facing the pool. We have also stayed in Jazz and we also on the third floor at the back but right near the elevator. I can't say that one was quieter than the other. I really loved the lush landscape at the back of Jazz....felt like being in a treehouse.

Music was reno'd about 5 years ago. It still looks great but the decor/furnishings in the rooms is very plain in comparision to a deluxe resort.

Hi everyone...get ready for the invasion of the cheerleaders. Checking in for cheerleading Worlds in 3 days!

Yes....you can take any bus. We've done it many times.

In general, you will have noise if you have noisey neighbours. We never noticed any flushing noise at any All Star just at POP. If you do happen to hear it just keep the bathroom door closed. The only consistant noise that we heard while in our room was from kids running along the outside corridor but that only lasts a few seconds. If you want a quiet location the best thing to request is just that...a quiet location. The parking lot end of those buildings is the quietest part. Last trip we were in Calypso, third floor, second to last room at the parking lot end. We felt like we were alone up there. I had only requested to not be facing the pool. We have also stayed in Jazz and we also on the third floor at the back but right near the elevator. I can't say that one was quieter than the other. I really loved the lush landscape at the back of Jazz....felt like being in a treehouse.

Music was reno'd about 5 years ago. It still looks great but the decor/furnishings in the rooms is very plain in comparision to a deluxe resort.

Thanks ! I guess we will be o.k. if we just request a quiet room, or one that doesnt face the pool area.
Do you remember what Jazz building you stayed ? Just wondering about that "lush landsape" view. That sounds better than the parking lot, or noisey pool, lol.

Thanks

Someone know if there are private showers in the building near the pool ?

I have a late flight back to Europe and would like to shower before leaving

I posted the following question in the ancient ASM Family Suites thread about 42 hours ago. I thought I'd try it here. Thanks.

Have the coffeemakers in the suites been changed to the Cuisinart dual cup that are found in other resorts?

Hello fellow Disney lovers, I can not believe I am about to say this but I "think" my DH and I are going to be in the "World" for our 10th wedding anniversary in Oct. So far we have plans and dining reservations and an itinerary we are staying at the ASMR, I am liking these reviews about it. Thank you all for keeping this awesome site full of valuable information.
Pixie Dust to everyone.pixiedust:

Yikes! Did anyone watch the Dis Unplugged review of ASMU?

I have to admit, it had me a bit bummed out. The overall opinion seemed to be "Meh" but the food court review was terrible

Their descriptions of the murals were hilarious though!

I have to admit, it had me a bit bummed out. The overall opinion seemed to be "Meh" but the food court review was terrible

hah, yeah, it was pretty bad, but such a scathing review makes me hopeful that they will pick up the slack between now and my trip in Aug. We don't plan on eating at the food court anyway.

We just got back from staying at Sports, but Southwest and Disney both came out with some low fares for September that we could not pass up. Sports was not an option, especially with the reno going on, so we will be at Music for the first time. Kinda odd that our family has never stayed there since I was a music major in college, but Sports was our first resort so we have continued to stay there with one exception to Movies. This will only be the second trip for DW and I without our DS.

We are a family that spends most of our time at the parks, so the rooms are just a place to rest and get ready for the trip back to the parks. Same with the food courts. I don't expect fine cuisine and what is offered there keeps me from starving.

Anyway, looking forward to the new place.

Newly booked at ASMU for Aug. for 9 days. We have stayed at POP and ASMO before and my kids absolutely love the larger than life characters.
I doubt we will eat at the food court more than 3 times (mainly breakfast) but I'm a bit cautious as to how crazy busy the food court will be since ASPORTS will not have one.
But....we are ready, excited and cannot wait!! We love Disney!!:cool1:

Yea, that review was the final "nail in the coffin" for ASMU for us. We were really loving the idea of one of the family suites, but were nervous about the resort itself. Usually we have been staying at the WDW deluxe resorts, although we love POR also. We didnt want to chance our precious vacation time to WDW (only once a year) by risking it at ASMU after watching that review :eek::headache::scared1: . Its not a big deal though ....... 30% off deluxe resorts works for us just fine. lol.
We wanted to try out Grand Floridian anyway :rolleyes1 .

Syndrome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter