• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

The bus situation is difficult to predict, really.....I've been the during spring break, and hardly waited much at all, then in August, some days were long waits, and other days no wait at all. I've also been in May and October when the waits weren't more than 20 minutes. On nights when you stay to closing..the lines will be long, but they do run more buses then.

We loved staying in the family suites..enjoy your trip.

Nope, they don't! But I bought a cheapo $10 one and brought it with us since the main purpose of the kitchen for us was breakfast and one of the main things we eat is toast and bagels! Then I just left it there.

thanks to those who posted pictures

I am looking into staying in a family suite with my wife, 7, 5, 3, 1 yr old kids
vs
staying at the contemporary resort

my biggest concern is the buses and traveling with the small young children.
if anyone has "recent" opinions on which is better please share them.
The last thing i need is to be stuck standing around for a long time (like I have read about) to catch a bus with tired/hungry little ones or even much longer travel times in general.
This only seems to be a real issue with the value resorts because they share a bus often times. (and of course you can't walk to the MK so thats going to be a longer travel time)

so again any input/opinions are welcomed
thanks

My last stay at ASMu was this past December, and we had outstanding bus service. Rarely had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus.

Try to remember though that the bus/monorail/boat service can be good one day at one resort, and then horrible the next. Even the resorts that don't share a bus usually have more than one stop. The Contemporary does share bus service too. Almost every resort either shares a bus, or makes multiple stops. If you want to cut out wait time the only way to be sure of that is to rent a car. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of fate.

Nope, they don't! But I bought a cheapo $10 one and brought it with us since the main purpose of the kitchen for us was breakfast and one of the main things we eat is toast and bagels! Then I just left it there.

This is good to know. I wasn't sure if bringing a toaster would be allowed or not, but I guess since the kitchenette area has a microwave then a toaster would be considered ok. I looked at photos of the different types of DVC units and in the studio unit kitchenette there is a toaster so I guess it is safe to assume they would be fine to have in the family suite kitchenette too without going against any policies.

My last stay at ASMu was this past December, and we had outstanding bus service. Rarely had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus.

Try to remember though that the bus/monorail/boat service can be good one day at one resort, and then horrible the next. Even the resorts that don't share a bus usually have more than one stop. The Contemporary does share bus service too. Almost every resort either shares a bus, or makes multiple stops. If you want to cut out wait time the only way to be sure of that is to rent a car. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of fate.
thanks

We just got back two days ago (we spent 5 days there) and busing was really good most of the time and wait time was short and we hardly shared at all, the worst was after Animal Kingdom closed and they only had two buses running for all of All Star Resorts, we had to wait 40 min or more, 5 POP buses came and went before our bus finally came back to get us! but looking at the bigger picture for the entire trip busing was good.

We just got back two days ago (we spent 5 days there) and busing was really good most of the time and wait time was short and we hardly shared at all, the worst was after Animal Kingdom closed and they only had two buses running for all of All Star Resorts, we had to wait 40 min or more, 5 POP buses came and went before our bus finally came back to get us! but looking at the bigger picture for the entire trip busing was good.

Great to hear!!! :)

Heading down very soon, and this will be our very first experience with the family suites -- stayed at a FW cabin last year and prior to that the twins were young enough that they "didn't count" (they always count to me, of course ;)) and we could/did stay in a std. room.

Looking forward to it! :goodvibes

New here! I've read through a lot of the pages here from the past few years and thought I'd ask my question in case it my be relevant to recent years. If we book a family suite and want to be close to the food court, bus, and pool, but would like it quiet (and don't care about a view), should we request Calypso third floor, non-pool view?

Thanks!

I was in Calyspo room 412 (its an accessible room) in Aug 2010, it was on the first floor on the back side of the hotel and it was super quiet. Plus, no stairs... which is a total bonus for me!

New here! I've read through a lot of the pages here from the past few years and thought I'd ask my question in case it my be relevant to recent years. If we book a family suite and want to be close to the food court, bus, and pool, but would like it quiet (and don't care about a view), should we request Calypso third floor, non-pool view?

Thanks!

YES. We stayed in Calypso, 3rd floor non pool view last time we went and it was WONDERFUL!! Close to everything. Quiet as can be. We never heard anything from anyone in our room. Best location ever.

Thanks for the replies. How about the week of Thanksgiving for groups at the values? Does anyone know if that is a busy week for the teens? (I know it is busy in the parks Thanksgiving through the weekend, but I'm specifically wondering about the groups I've heard about.) Thanks!
:goodvibes

yes, except I've read on here that they really only will try to honor one of your requests -- so Calypso, third floor, non-pool view is actually THREE requests, so.... you should probably request just the one that is most important to you. Which IMO in your case should be non-pool view so you can be sure not to get right in front of the pool. And since you're staying in a suite you'll either be in Calypso or Jazz, both of which are close to the front.

We just got back from a WONDERFUL stay at ASMu in a family suite. It was perfect for our family of 6! We requested 3rd floor parking lot view and were in Jazz Inn Building 2. It was a wee bit of a walk to the main building, but we had a rental car so it was great!

We did a split stay between the family suite and the Poly and our room at ASMu was MUCH nicer. The pictures really don't do it justice. We loved it and will definitely come back!!!!!

Forgive me if this has already been answered but I couldn't find any info on it. I have 4 kids and I was wondering if there was a playground at the ASM resort. We will be staying there in OCT for 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter