Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I would love to see some pictures of the Herbie area...fronts of the buildings and what ever is near that area. Pics of the new rooms would be a bonus:banana:

Anyone have a list of food available in the ASMo gift store? I've looked at the pics on allears and it looks like quite a bit but hard to see the selection. Also curious about the pricing. I think I recall them having some "baked" goods like entemanns or the like too but didn't see that on Allears.

Any info would be appreciated!! We leave in 5 days!!!!!! Trying to decide if we'll do garden grocer or just wing it at the hotel to supplement snacks from home.

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone. I am coming in for a last minute trip (in 3 weeks) with my daughter as a surprise before she starts kindergarten. We have ALWAYS stayed at POP - never anywhere else. POP is booked and Movies is the only value available at the end of the month. I've heard that the busses are tough because they share busses and that there isn't much of a selection at the food court. Also, I heard that they are refurb'ing right now. I've stayed at the refurbed rooms at POP, so I know what they are doing, but how do I know which buildings are which? I got a preferred room (only because that is all that is left). I guess what I'm really looking for is reassurance. I am exstatic that I'm coming back to Disney - just a little unsure of the resort.

Thanks...

Hi Everyone. I am coming in for a last minute trip (in 3 weeks) with my daughter as a surprise before she starts kindergarten. We have ALWAYS stayed at POP - never anywhere else. POP is booked and Movies is the only value available at the end of the month. I've heard that the busses are tough because they share busses and that there isn't much of a selection at the food court. Also, I heard that they are refurb'ing right now. I've stayed at the refurbed rooms at POP, so I know what they are doing, but how do I know which buildings are which? I got a preferred room (only because that is all that is left). I guess what I'm really looking for is reassurance. I am exstatic that I'm coming back to Disney - just a little unsure of the resort.

Thanks...

weve stayed at movies 3 times, one prekids and 2 with. we never had any issues with the buses. yes it can be a bit of a wait at the stop at the end of the nite when leaving the park, but usually not that bad. movies is the last for pick up and drop off, but really ive been there in october, apri and feb and really havent had much to complain about in reagrds to the busses. ive also stayed at blt, ssr andwl and have had to wait from tim to time there as well...and wl and blt often share their with the gf and poly and ft wilderness
depending on what bus your on and what park its going to.

cant give you any refurb advice cus i just dont know about it. as for food selection, i have to say tht is the first ive heard of ppl saying there isnt much selection....there is 3 or 4 stations to choose from, plus a bakery and drinks nook that is quite large. the first is pizza/pasta i believe, one is burgers/friends etc and the other i just cant remember. in with the drinks theres also pudding etc and i think premade salads- sorry i cant really remember on that one. the am i know they have french toast, pancakes, your normal fare,but we dont eat breaky at the food courts now, we get garden grocer to deliver snacks and breaky items so the kids get up eat dressed and gone to the line ups for the bus. enjoy your trip!

Thanks...

Love Movies. For those that haven't seen my resort report from our visit 5/29 to 6/6, here it is.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2736652

We stayed in Mighty Ducks Building 2. Page 2 of the report has pictures including of the refurbed rooms.

As for buses we have our car but my brother and SIL used the bus a couple of days with no problems. I imagine any time you take buses at peak times its crazy. We drive but on nights we stay until close at MK we wait at least an hour until even attempting to get to make our way to the TTC so I imagine getting to the buses at that time are just as bad.

I would love to see some pictures of the Herbie area...fronts of the buildings and what ever is near that area. Pics of the new rooms would be a bonus:banana:

There is an All Star picture thread that has several pictures around all 3 resorts.

Thanks...

I'm going on Sunday for 1 night. I usually stay at Pop as ell. I'll try to take a lot of pictures.

My DD and I are leaving my DSs and DH behind and having a girls trip in February. Just booked free dining. I think she will be thrilled with this choice. But for now it is a surprise! :cool2:There was no way I could justify doing anything but value for me and a 7-year-old. And the next time we go as a family of 5 we will likely do a value with two rooms so this will be a good test trip. :thumbsup2
I have never even looked at the values before so I am curious about the food court. How crowded does it get? What is good there? Can we really survive 5 days without a fridge? Are the Fantasia and Dalmations areas refurbed? We are also doing ME for the first time. i usally love having my car. I am rethinking some dining because we used to take boat or bus to parks and then drive to resorts for dinner. Gah. We book ADRs on Friday I think .
Anyway, thank you for such a helpful thread.

We're leaving Sunday for ASMO! can't wait! I'm trying to decide, should we bring towels from home for the pool?

If you are driving it might not be a bad idea. But then you'd have to hang them up somewhere to dry. I don't know, I'd probably just request extra towels. Have a fun trip:banana: and will you please post when you return and let us know how your stay was and what building they are working on? We leave in less than a month and I can't wait!

We're leaving Sunday for ASMO! can't wait! I'm trying to decide, should we bring towels from home for the pool?

You don't have to, you can use towels from your room. I like to bring beach towels from home because I find the towels in my room just aren't big enough
for the pool.

Thanks everyone for a great thread. We are going for 3 nights in late Sept before we switch to a house for a family reunion.
I just had my tarvel agent request Dalmation building. doesn't mean we will get it but worth a shot. We stayed there in 2007 and paid preferred but I chose not to this time.

We never had trouble with the buses but we tend to be up out and early people. The main issue we had honestly is if someone with a family of 10 arrived and grandma was on one of those motorised scooter things and then the whole family gets bumped to the head of the line..that slowed things up alot. But we usually still got on the bus. it was slower coming back but that was OK too_Of course alot may have changed since then.

Getting very excited now!!

We are preferred and requested the Fantashia building.... does anyone know how many windows are in the rooms?

We are preferred and requested the Fantashia building.... does anyone know how many windows are in the rooms?

Hi! I believe every room has only 1 window. Even the corner rooms. However, none of the windows open. It's simply a glass plane allowing guests a view of what's outside.

I stayed at AS Movies last Sunday night. I had a refurbished room in the Fantasia building. I can't say which building with out the map in front of me at the moment, but it was the building on the right coming out of the main building. The rooms are nice. I enjoyed my stay there.

Some pics from May, 2011. We were in one of the Dalmations buildings, the one nearest the pool and nightly movie site...

104_0478-1.jpg

104_0479-1.jpg

Our kids got Travelocity gnomes for Christmas, now they go everywhere with us and get their picture taken!
104_0484-1.jpg

I have to say, we LOVED the theming in the room! This was dh and my second Dis trip....two years previously, we brought our dds and my mom for all of our first Dis vacation, and had a Pirate room at CBR...I consider ASMovies to comparable in theming....

Some pics from May, 2011. We were in one of the Dalmations buildings, the one nearest the pool and nightly movie site...

104_0478-1.jpg

104_0479-1.jpg

Our kids got Travelocity gnomes for Christmas, now they go everywhere with us and get their picture taken!
104_0484-1.jpg

I have to say, we LOVED the theming in the room! This was dh and my second Dis trip....two years previously, we brought our dds and my mom for all of our first Dis vacation, and had a Pirate room at CBR...I consider ASMovies to comparable in theming....

Rooms are being refurbed now and look different. I had one of the refurbs. They are nice. I'll post pics once I load them, but I am finishing my previous TR first.

If someone would like to kindly remind me how to post pics here, I will post pics of my refurb room in the Dalmation Building. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter