Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

how long does it take for them to get a building done??
which one are they working on now??

Heading to ASMo in September! I'm hoping that most of the refurbs will be complete, so that the probability of getting a refurbished room will be :thumbsup2 Can you request a refurbished room on the phone with a CM post-making the reservation?

You can call and ask, but they will most likely tell you there is not refurbishment going on! We even tried calling and requesting and that's what they told us. Any calls you make to the "hotel" are actually going to a call center that could be anywhere on earth for all we know. So a lot of times the CMs on the phone don't even know whats going on at the hotel and may have never even been there. If you really want a refurbed room, I would call and just request to be in Dalmatian building 1 since that's guaranteed to have a refurbed room. :thumbsup2

My travel agent actually had a direct line phone number to the hotel. Someone has to have access to it if she does... There's got to be a way to call them directly. She definitely did not call the main call center.

My husband and I would love to have a refurb room, but my kids are desperately wanting to stay in the Toy Story section... :confused3

My travel agent actually had a direct line phone number to the hotel. Someone has to have access to it if she does... There's got to be a way to call them directly. She definitely did not call the main call center.

My husband and I would love to have a refurb room, but my kids are desperately wanting to stay in the Toy Story section... :confused3

I am a travel agent and we do not have direct numbers to call.

I just booked my 1st stay at AS Movies. I usually stay at Pop and LOVE it, but I have always wanted to give Movies a try.
I am going on Aug 14th for 1 night. I have a onsite education program the 15-19th and decided to go in 1 day earlier. I plan to take lots of pictures and check it out a bit. Then I am off to the Yacht club after that. Which I am also very excited about.

She actually called with my room requests and to make sure I had a fridge. She never asked about the room refurb b/c we wanted to be in a Toy Story bldg.

Sorry....

She actually called with my room requests and to make sure I had a fridge. She never asked about the room refurb b/c we wanted to be in a Toy Story bldg.

Sorry....

Oh, you don't call the resort for that anyways. She called the reservation line. The report wouldn't even be able to attach your requests.

how long does it take for them to get a building done??
which one are they working on now??

It takes roughly 3 weeks to do 1 building. Buildings 1, 2 and three are done. Work on Dalmations 4 should be next and should start soon.

I just got off the phone with the CM (added 3 nights to our December stay) and she said quote "boy, I'm glad you called; we're almost out of rooms". SO--If you are planning on staying at a Values after, say Dec. 10--BETTER GET ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW:santa:

Can anyone that comes back soon give me a idea of the activites by the pool?
I may switch to the ASMO and pay prefered. We are there for 10 days so this would be a plus.:thumbsup2

Can anyone that comes back soon give me a idea of the activites by the pool?
I may switch to the ASMO and pay prefered. We are there for 10 days so this would be a plus.:thumbsup2

We just got back on May 23rd and spent a lot of time having fun at the pool. :thumbsup2

They're now showing movies at the Fantasia pool EVERY night. We watched Lilo and Stitch one night and Beauty and the Beast another night, but other nights they were watching films as recent as Tangled.

Our first day we played "Disney Bingo." We won and got to pick from a prize box, which mostly just had useless toys and trinkets, but still fun!

Another evening we played Disney Trivia. It was a ton of fun and ranged from extremely easy questions to pretty obscure facts! Again, we won and picked from the silly prize box. Some prizes we got were those "Kanye West" slitted sunglasses, a bubble wand, a disco ball necklace, etc...

There was also a great dance party where we learned some dance moves. :cool2: We only stuck around for the Cupid Shuffle but as we were leaving they were starting the YMCA. If Alyssa is working there definitely hop in, she's a blast. :thumbsup2

That's all I can tell you from personal experience. If you choose to stay at ASMo you won't regret it, we loved our stay there! :cool1:

We just got back on May 23rd and spent a lot of time having fun at the pool. :thumbsup2

They're now showing movies at the Fantasia pool EVERY night. We watched Lilo and Stitch one night and Beauty and the Beast another night, but other nights they were watching films as recent as Tangled.

Our first day we played "Disney Bingo." We won and got to pick from a prize box, which mostly just had useless toys and trinkets, but still fun!

Another evening we played Disney Trivia. It was a ton of fun and ranged from extremely easy questions to pretty obscure facts! Again, we won and picked from the silly prize box. Some prizes we got were those "Kanye West" slitted sunglasses, a bubble wand, a disco ball necklace, etc...

There was also a great dance party where we learned some dance moves. :cool2: We only stuck around for the Cupid Shuffle but as we were leaving they were starting the YMCA. If Alyssa is working there definitely hop in, she's a blast. :thumbsup2

That's all I can tell you from personal experience. If you choose to stay at ASMo you won't regret it, we loved our stay there! :cool1:

Thank you. How were the busses?

We are staying at ASMo in Sept. and the pool activities sounds so fun! Were the games and dance party during the day? btw, glad to hear they are doing movies too.

Thank you. How were the busses?

For the most part our bus experience was great! In the mornings we never shared buses with the other All Stars, that would only happen around midday. The buses were almost always prompt. The only time one came late was for whatever reason the Epcot bus came pretty late on our rope drop day. :confused3 It wasn't a huge deal though and we got to Epcot about 10 minutes after rope drop, didn't effect our plans at all. I think it was just a fluke. But be warned that 9 times out of 10 it was standing room only.

We are staying at ASMo in Sept. and the pool activities sounds so fun! Were the games and dance party during the day? btw, glad to hear they are doing movies too.

Disney Bingo was around 5pm I think. Disney trivia was around 4:30 and the Dance party was at 7pm. But most of the time we spent at the pool was late afternoon into the evening, so I couldn't tell you if they did other things earlier in the day!

BTW they also had a pin trading event in the lobby at 5:30 every day of our trip for those into pin trading. The little girls with us got really into it!

For the most part our bus experience was great! In the mornings we never shared buses with the other All Stars, that would only happen around midday. The buses were almost always prompt. The only time one came late was for whatever reason the Epcot bus came pretty late on our rope drop day. :confused3 It wasn't a huge deal though and we got to Epcot about 10 minutes after rope drop, didn't effect our plans at all. I think it was just a fluke. But be warned that 9 times out of 10 it was standing room only.

Pop it is standing room only also. So that won't bother me a bit. Usually someone was really nice and gave up there seats for my kids. But I Don't expect them to.

Disney Bingo was around 5pm I think. Disney trivia was around 4:30 and the Dance party was at 7pm. But most of the time we spent at the pool was late afternoon into the evening, so I couldn't tell you if they did other things earlier in the day!

BTW they also had a pin trading event in the lobby at 5:30 every day of our trip for those into pin trading. The little girls with us got really into it!

Pin Trading sounds neat also.

I just got off the phone with the CM (added 3 nights to our December stay) and she said quote "boy, I'm glad you called; we're almost out of rooms". SO--If you are planning on staying at a Values after, say Dec. 10--BETTER GET ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW:santa:

Hmmm...I wonder how busy it will be before that time? We're going 11/27 to 12/4. I didn't have any problems getting the ADR's that I wanted...so I was hoping that it wouldn't be too crowded during that time - you know...going back to an 'off season' like it USED to be. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter