Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. I may swing the extra $10/night then if we stay here, but I actually prefer a quiter location, like in the Toy Story section, at the bottom of the "T" exact opposite of where Woody is, if that makes sense.

Yes I completely understand. I would request that you would like a garden view room (perhaps there is a better term for this type of room..) We requested Toy Story for our first trip, our door opened up to the checker board play area...right in the middle of things. We thought we were early enough risers, being in the Atlantic Time Zone (and therefore an hour ahead) but we woke up to some kids playing (screaming) outside. Didnt really bother us though. Herbie section was REALLY quiet though. For us, 2 small kids, and all the walking with strollers, we want a close room, noise or not.

On 6/6 Disney extended the free dining offer through the fall, but you have to book your fall trip before 8/14/10 in order to get this deal -see website for specific dates. Also, keep in mind you need to stay at a Disney resort to get the free dining. If you are staying at a value resort, free dining includes 2 counter service meals, but you can upgrade to a plan that includes 1 counter meal, 1 sit-down meal and 1 snack per day. :)

I think you might be able to include free dining at Christmas as long as your trip begins on 12/21/10 or earlier. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!:)

Is their connecting rooms in the Toy Story section and if so where? Also any room suggestions for the Toy Story section...thanks:)

I am going back to All Star Movies in November! So excited, I got preferred this time because at the original booking that was my only option. But it works out cause I will be happy with a decent room location this time instead of no mans land in Mighty Ducks.

On 6/6 Disney extended the free dining offer through the fall, but you have to book your fall trip before 8/14/10 in order to get this deal -see website for specific dates. Also, keep in mind you need to stay at a Disney resort to get the free dining. If you are staying at a value resort, free dining includes 2 counter service meals, but you can upgrade to a plan that includes 1 counter meal, 1 sit-down meal and 1 snack per day. :)

I think you might be able to include free dining at Christmas as long as your trip begins on 12/21/10 or earlier. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!:)

Exactly, as long as your dates start on one of the listed days for free Dining. That is what we did, the original free dining dates ended Oct2nd. That is the day we are flying in and we get free dining straight through our trip. WE did the upgraded dp, and was GREAT. LOVED IT. But I do find the CSdp a better deal as you get 2 snacks and a refillable mug each, and there is lots of food to chose from with just CS. But, if you have the time and would enjoy some TS...def upgrade. :)

I am going back to All Star Movies in November! So excited, I got preferred this time because at the original booking that was my only option. But it works out cause I will be happy with a decent room location this time instead of no mans land in Mighty Ducks.

I am pretty certain that there are connecting rooms in every section. We had them in the Herbie section last year. (Going pref this year too! LOVED the Toy Story section the first year!) Just googled and all the websites seem to be saying the same, there are lots of connecting rooms in all sections.

Are there any that have 3 connecting rooms or is it only connecting between 2 rooms?

Only 2 rooms can be connecting with the interior door between them. The third room can be adjacent. Which would be next to the two connecting rooms. I have had this happen before where I had 3 rooms in a row, just once two years ago. I would tend to think the odds of it occuring (having all 3 in a row) especially during the busy time are rare.

Disclaimer: No matter what Walt Disney Travel Company or your travel agent tell you, connecting or adjacent rooms are never guaranteed. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all, especially Linda, for all the great information. Our first ever Disney vacation is only a month away. Our original reservation was at POR but we switched to ASMu family suites a few months ago. I have no questions or concerns because of guys like you willing to share your experiences. Just wanted to pass along a huge hug and *Thanks* from a very grateful newbie.:tigger:

Thanks to all, especially Linda, for all the great information. Our first ever Disney vacation is only a month away. Our original reservation was at POR but we switched to ASMu family suites a few months ago. I have no questions or concerns because of guys like you willing to share your experiences. Just wanted to pass along a huge hug and *Thanks* from a very grateful newbie.:tigger:
OOPS posted it to the wrong forum and I'm not sure how to delete it. Sorry

Please help with a few questions. Thank You!

Does the World Premier food court have mickey waffles and pancakes? I remember the chocolate chip pancakes at AS Sports were delicious! I saw this on disboards menu but not another one.

Refillable Mugs. Can the mugs be refilled 24 hours a day? I remember the AS Sports closed at 12 midnight and I don't think it was possible to get to the soda fountain. The Polynesian Resort's was open 24 hours to get refills.

Snack Credits - What's good at AS Movies? Are the milkshakes a snack credit? Ice cream?

Travel to Restaurants - What's the taxi ride like (cost, travel time) between AS sports and other resort restaurants (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Grand Floridian).

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for helping with some questions...

Does All Star Movies have activities during the day or night for children like pool games, outdoor movies, or things like that?

Is it far to walk to the other All Star Resorts? We might take a stroll over to All Star Sports where we stayed before and look at some of the others.

Does the room have anything to play movies or music CDs or ipod?

Any special tips for how to enjoy our stay at All Star Movies?

Thanks again! I'm still reading through all 96+ pages of posts on this thread....

Please help with a few questions. Thank You!

Does the World Premier food court have mickey waffles and pancakes? I remember the chocolate chip pancakes at AS Sports were delicious! I saw this on disboards menu but not another one.

Refillable Mugs. Can the mugs be refilled 24 hours a day? I remember the AS Sports closed at 12 midnight and I don't think it was possible to get to the soda fountain. The Polynesian Resort's was open 24 hours to get refills.

Snack Credits - What's good at AS Movies? Are the milkshakes a snack credit? Ice cream?

Travel to Restaurants - What's the taxi ride like (cost, travel time) between AS sports and other resort restaurants (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Grand Floridian).

Thanks again!!!

Mickey waffles and pancakes, yes.

I believe the food court closed at midnight, officially, but when we were there, we walked by a few times when it was packed at about 12:30 am, so you could still fill them then.

Not sure about taxis. I only took taxis to Sea World and Universal, not to anywhere on Disney property.

Thanks for helping with some questions...

Does All Star Movies have activities during the day or night for children like pool games, outdoor movies, or things like that?

Is it far to walk to the other All Star Resorts? We might take a stroll over to All Star Sports where we stayed before and look at some of the others.

Does the room have anything to play movies or music CDs or ipod?

Any special tips for how to enjoy our stay at All Star Movies?

Thanks again! I'm still reading through all 96+ pages of posts on this thread....

I think there were a few children's activities through the day, but there are many more activities at All Star Music. It's easy to walk to the other resorts. When I stayed last year, I walked from Music to Sports back through Music to Movies and then back to Music. It was a nice walk, but I wanted to see the resorts.

I think the alarm clock has a plug to connect to your MP3 player, but that's about it.

I am very excited we are going to be staying here dec 10 to 16th as a surprise xmas present to my DD age 11!

I am so excited that we will be staying at the all star movies from november 19-24th. we asked to be put in toy story because my 5 year old daughter loves them so I hope we get it. anyone else stayin in november?

Does anyone know when this hotel is scheduled for refurbishment?

We just got back from a quick trip at the world. ASmo is usually are favorite value resort, but we were very disappointed.

The outside doors were filthy, our a/c was not working properly, our curtain rod was partially hanging down, our bedspread was ripped. We were crushed.

The pool was great, and the icons were fun as always, but some showed major wear and tear.

Hoping they refurbish soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter